Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

EDIT: oh wow, it's my 8000th post :tongue:

Good for you. *slicking a gold star to yoru forehead*

Wow these sets are great! It's too bad there's no new molds but the new colors are great! If the Carnotauros(I assume that's supposed to be Toro which is great to see) set is reasonably priced, I'll be picking it up. The last one was too expensive and I did not like the builds. This one has a decent helicopter and a really cool car! The T-Rex fossil is really clever and really cool at first glance, it's a little rough in spots but It's still a great little set and I applaud LEGO for doing something a bit more creative for this theme. More of this please! If it's reasonably priced I might pick it up. The boat set is great too, though I think the green on the Baryonyx is too bright. I think dark green would have been better but it's not terrible. Heck, even the 4+ set isn't bad! I also like that they're incorporating Camp Cretaceous though it's definitely weird to see Claire and Owen thrown in there. Then again, I haven't seen season 3 yet so maybe that happens or it'll happen in season 4 but I assume these sets are entirely made up because the movie got delayed. Between Marvel and Jurassic World, in a way I'm glad they were sorta forced to come up with an entirely new wave of sets because movies got delayed. It gave them the ability to make some really great sets!

Edited by ToaDraco

My personal opinions on these dinosaurs:

Stygimoloch - Great coloration, cool decal design, vibrant colors - Overall score: 5/5

Baby Ankylosaurus - Repeat of 2020, overall still cool - Overall score: 5/5

Baby Triceratops - A nice change of color, nice decal patterns, odd choice in set but still looks cool - Overall score: 4/5

Toro - Awesome color scheme, very accurate to CC, very detailed body pattern - Overall score: 4/5

Grim - Cool color scheme, a bit too vibrant, no rotating wrists - Overall score: 3/5

Baby Raptor - Repeat, thrown in for extra parts, but I like the coloration - Overall score: 4/5

What do you guys think?

Oh my gosh... they are already on Lego Shop website?! And they ill be released on August 1 in USA? 

I love these sets!!!

I'm probably only picking up 76940 and maybe 76941, but I'd love to make room for 76942! The juniors set Stygimoloch looks really good as well!

I really dont get it why there is a “Dinosaur” word in every new set? It sounds werid weird if there is a dinosaur name and “Dinosaur” word next to it... T-Rex Dinsoaur, Baryonyx Dinosaur, et. 

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Lego Jurassic World is really starting to piss me off. :hmpf_bad:

The Good: I do like having the CC crew (though Brooklynn is quite... not good), but for crying out loud, why do this weird mishmash of CC and Jurassic World? Instead of the yacht, we get some random cargo ship :wacko:, instead of the ruined "place" we get a perfectly intact skeleton (which is pretty me gusta, I must admit :grin:). Bruh, can we just get one wave of JW sets that isn't horribly half-cocked?

The Bad: Why Lego? Why the weird mix? Why the absolute dismissal of the (very usable) source material? The dinos are a highlight, as always, but would it kill you guys to actually stick to what's on screen? I'm very tired of seeing Owen every year, and the umpteenth ACU meat fodder. Also, why is Brooklynn wielding a tranq rifle? And if any of the kids had to be strapped, why not Darius? Y'know, the only one to actually use a tranq rifle?

Can we just get classic trilogy sets? All I want is one, Lego.  One a year, that's all I beg for. This is an easy license, it really is Lego. All it wants is some love!

This is basically 1:1 my opinion.

Also, who decided what to use as  Brooklynns hair?

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I really dont get it why there is a “Dinosaur” word in every new set? It sounds werid weird if there is a dinosaur name and “Dinosaur” word next to it... T-Rex Dinsoaur, Baryonyx Dinosaur, et. 

This theme has always had weird names.

1 minute ago, mon-o-mat said:

This is basically 1:1 my opinion.

Also, who decided what to use as  Brooklynns hair?

Who decided what to use as Brooklyn's face :sick:

Has the Baryonyx claw been used before? Because that look like new arm pieces to me, which is a great fix on the 2019 Baryonyx. That being said I much prefer the 2019 Baryonyx's colours to this new one...

I do think the Carnotasaurus, Stigymoloch and baby Trike all work though, and I love how the sets are all fairly realistic-looking with only one helicoptor set - the theme's come a long way since 2015 thank god.

Also it's a really nice touch that the two trucks have the same tan and red colour scheme as the City Safari sets! 

Edit: I actually think those Baryonyx arms were used for the Indominus Rex last year

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

September 1st.

Well. I don’t know why LEGO put “August 1st” on the website if I am in USA. 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also it's a really nice touch that the two trucks have the same tan and red colour scheme as the City Safari sets! 

I LOVE the one in 76941! It looks so cool! I think I will buy that set just for the truck! Toro has a really great coloration as well, and the helicopter looks pretty nifty. I'd give it a 3.5/5 stars, just because of the size of the set in coordination with the price.

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well. I don’t know why LEGO put “August 1st” on the website if I am in USA. 

Not sure what you're looking at but the American S@H has all 4 sets listed as September 1st, just like the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I LOVE the one in 76941! It looks so cool! I think I will buy that set just for the truck! Toro has a really great coloration as well, and the helicopter looks pretty nifty. I'd give it a 3.5/5 stars, just because of the size of the set in coordination with the price.

See that set is £45 here in the UK which in my opinion is great value for the size of the Carnotosaurus. I recently got the 2019 Baryonyx set at £40 which I thought was a steal 

17 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'm probably only picking up 76940 and maybe 76941, but I'd love to make room for 76942! The juniors set Stygimoloch looks really good as well!

Same here! I have to say... Finally the drought curse has been broken! No more wiating for the official pictures!!  Well, actually, we hve to wait a bit more for the release date!

Full thoughts:

Stygimoloch Escape: great 4+ set; minfigures are all exclusive in this set (as 2021 sets, Claire is obviously a repeat), and dinosuarus are good; builds are really good as 4+ builds; could be 30€, but seeing as it's 4+, I'm not gonna complain that much - 7/10

T. Rex Fossil: definitely very unique; minfigures are... okay, but they repeat in other sets; builds are okay; baby Triceratops is cool, a bigger dinosaur would be better; price is acceptable - 6.5/10

Carnotaurus Chase: from now on it gets worse; minfigures are exclusive (2 out of 3), but Kenji looks bad; build are bleing and bland; Toro looks great tho; it's overpriced too - 4.5/10

Baryonyx Boat Escape: the worst set; minfigures are bad, Yaz is the only one worth attention; Barynoyx is cool, but only one dinosaur in an 80€ set is awful; boat looks cool, but it will take like 20 minutes to build with this one huge piece; overpriced as hell - 3.5/10

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Full thoughts:

Stygimoloch Escape: great 4+ set; minfigures are all exclusive in this set (as 2021 sets, Claire is obviously a repeat), and dinosuarus are good; builds are really good as 4+ builds; could be 30€, but seeing as it's 4+, I'm not gonna complain that much - 7/10

T. Rex Fossil: definitely very unique; minfigures are... okay, but they repeat in other sets; builds are okay; baby Triceratops is cool, a bigger dinosaur would be better; price is acceptable - 6.5/10

Carnotaurus Chase: from now on it gets worse; minfigures are exclusive (2 out of 3), but Kenji looks bad; build are bleing and bland; Toro looks great tho; it's overpriced too - 4.5/10

Baryonyx Boat Escape: the worst set; minfigures are bad, Yaz is the only one worth attention; Barynoyx is cool, but only one dinosaur in an 80€ set is awful; boat looks cool, but it will take like 20 minutes to build with this one huge piece; overpriced as hell - 3.5/10

In my opinion the T Rex fossil set would have been perfect with a raptor but I suppose with the giant T Rex head molds included Lego thought to include a single-piece baby Trike instead. I also thought two lots of Baryonyx molds in one set was a big ask but the boat would have been great with a pterodactyl as well!

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Full thoughts:

Totally agree. The PP ratios are the worst I've ever seen Lego do (albeit they are JW sets), but the PP ratio for 76940? And 76942? Oh well, I guess that Lego has every right to make them, and we have every right to not buy them. 76942 should've included 2 Baryonyxes, as the price would confirm.

Fossil set is $30, that's perfect and $50 for the Toro set is about what I expected so that works out just fine too. 

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not sure what you're looking at but the American S@H has all 4 sets listed as September 1st, just like the rest of the world.

I just took another look and I realized I clicked that Duplo set by accident without looking at the set name.  You stand correct, all 4 sets are scheduled to be released on September  1st. 

Are these sets released worldwide on Sept 1 or just America?

I hate this wave with all of my heart, overpriced as hell and poor choice for dinosaurs. Where are the iconic HERBIVORES that haven’t been done yet by Lego? Where are the other iconic characters in the saga? Three Owens? I mean come on Lego!

1 minute ago, ToaDraco said:

Fossil set is $30, that's perfect and $50 for the Toro set is about what I expected so that works out just fine too. 

Eh, if a buildable skull had been included for the rex, and a raptor were included instead of a Baby Trike, that would've enticed more buyers. I do agree 76941's price is expectable, but it is very small for what you pay. Both are still cool, and I'd give both 3.5/5 stars myself.

Just now, LegoCyt said:

I hate this wave with all of my heart, overpriced as hell and poor choice for dinosaurs. Where are the iconic HERBIVORES that haven’t been done yet by Lego? Where are the other iconic characters in the saga? Three Owens? I mean come on Lego!

We're all in the same boat (not the one in 76942), buddy!