Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

They're very impressive. All on the Shop@Home site.

Shame the T.rex fossil isn't JP, but it's good and would combine well with the Velociraptor chase.

2 minutes ago, JLR said:

which sets?

All of them. All on Shop@Home.

Owen and Claire don‘t appear in Camp Cretaceous, do they? Then why are they plastered across all the sets? AGAIN? :laugh_hard: Apart from that, those look great. Using the regular T-Rex head mould for the fossil is a stroke of genius if you ask me

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Owen and Claire don‘t appear in Camp Cretaceous, do they? Then why are they plastered across all the sets? AGAIN? :laugh_hard: 

They don't but considering most of the campers look great I don't really mind. But what the hell did they do to Brooklyn?! She looks DISGUSTING.

Okay, looks like T-rex fossil will be my first JW set. I really like this set

Lego Jurassic World is really starting to piss me off. :hmpf_bad:

The Good: I do like having the CC crew (though Brooklynn is quite... not good), but for crying out loud, why do this weird mishmash of CC and Jurassic World? Instead of the yacht, we get some random cargo ship :wacko:, instead of the ruined "place" we get a perfectly intact skeleton (which is pretty me gusta, I must admit :grin:). Bruh, can we just get one wave of JW sets that isn't horribly half-cocked?

The Bad: Why Lego? Why the weird mix? Why the absolute dismissal of the (very usable) source material? The dinos are a highlight, as always, but would it kill you guys to actually stick to what's on screen? I'm very tired of seeing Owen every year, and the umpteenth ACU meat fodder. Also, why is Brooklynn wielding a tranq rifle? And if any of the kids had to be strapped, why not Darius? Y'know, the only one to actually use a tranq rifle?

Can we just get classic trilogy sets? All I want is one, Lego.  One a year, that's all I beg for. This is an easy license, it really is Lego. All it wants is some love!

Love these sets!!! 

Only problems is that Brooklyn, looks meh, but whatever lol. And a little weird colourings for the Baryonyx but I honestly don't care lol

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Bumpy is more vibrant

That's probably just the renders. Nevermind, it's in the lifestyle pics as well. Interesting. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

Two initial thoughts.  It's the same dinos we already have, just recolored.  Okay, I'll still buy them just to have variety, especially for dinos that roam in packs.

The vehicles are superfluous to me, but these ones are a little more down-to-earth and usable.

Overall, I like them and will probably buy all of them, but I do hope for more new dinos in the future.

Just now, wooster said:

Two initial thoughts.  It's the same dinos we already have, just recolored. 

At least the 2 biggest dinosaurs are actual characters: Toro and Grim.

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's probably just the renders. Nevermind, it's in the lifestyle pics as well. Interesting. 

Lol, and Toro has a scar on only 1 side (unlike blue oof)

I may be the only one who isn't interested in all the new dinos of these new sets but all the new civilians ^^ they've really good torsos and legs for some

are the set pics out? what website are they on?

I hate how they didn't go full Camp Cretaceous, but made this weird hybrid that doesn't really work... did they really have to include Owens? None of the builds appear in CC, the dinosaurs do, some minfigures do, some don't... it just sucks.

Just now, JLR said:

Well, instagram #legoleaks/#legojurassicworld or Lego.com

2 minutes ago, JLR said:

Lego. Shop@home.

They are on other websites and Insagram too tho.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

None of the builds appear in CC

The Rex skeleton and Camp Cretaceous truck say hello.

man, i love that baryonyx coloring!

the baryonyx set has a massive boat hull, which makes up for the PP ratio

honestly, i'm most excited for the bayonyx and carnotourus sets! the fossil escape set is pretty cool too

These sets are a pretty mixed bag (LOVE the T.rex fossil set though!), but it’s good to see the Camp Cretaceous kids represented.

I’ll probably only end up buying the T.rex fossil, though, and seek out the CC minifigs elsewhere.

Ranked thoughts on each Camp Cretaceous minfigures (I have to say I hate that they all have regular legs):

1. Sammy is the best one, she just works. Nothing to complain about.

2. Darius has a great torso, and the face kinda works for me, could be better tho.

3. Yaz looks good, I love the torso and legs except for no side leg pritning. Face and hair are fine.

4. Ben looks... acceptable. Torso is good, same problem with legs as Yaz. Face is weird...

5. Kenji is a no from me. Hair is off, face is horrible, no side printing on legs makes them look terrible.

6. Brooklyn has good everything. That face just ruined it for me, I didn't know a face could change my opinion this much... it's just an absolutely terrible and awful choice.

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Rex skeleton and Camp Cretaceous truck say hello.

Ok, the truck does appear, but it's inaccurate in some places.

Where did the T. Rex fossil appear in that form tho?

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did the T. Rex fossil appear in that form tho?

The Camps recreation room.