Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would actually love another JP raptor

yeah that would be cool! i would have liked if lego had put an extra one in the velociraptor chase set, just like there was in the film. of course, that would bump up the price

Edited by JLR

2 hours ago, JLR said:

yeah that would be cool! i would have liked if lego had put an extra one in the velociraptor chase set, just like there was in the film. of course, that would bump up the price

This set was 50€, so they could have easily put another Velociraptor (seeing as there were 50€ and 60€ sets with 2 Velociraptors).

To this day I don't know why they didn't choose to do so.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

46 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This set was 50€, so they could have easily put another Velociraptor (seeing as there were 50€ and 60€ sets with 2 Velociraptors).

To this day I don't know why they didn't choose to do so.

I agree, the way I see it, there’s no excuse for that set not including two raptors

I was disappointed when I found out the T-Rex won’t have an affordable T-Rex but a T-Rex fossil doesn’t sound so bad.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I was disappointed when I found out the T-Rex won’t have an affordable T-Rex but a T-Rex fossil doesn’t sound so bad.

I have to be honest, I had that same feeling but I’m ok with T-rex fossil tho!

Even tho, I already have IDEA’s Dinosaur Fossil set and I love it.

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have to be honest, I had that same feeling but I’m ok with T-rex fossil tho!

Even tho, I already have IDEA’s Dinosaur Fossil set and I love it.

yeah me too! i love that set.at first i thought the 2021 set actually would have a t.rex figure in it, but now i see that it actually is a t.rex skeleton, or fossil, ect

I think people shouldn't expect the T. Rex fossil to be a substantial build with only 198 pieces, and they'll obviously use some of those pieces for some other builds (like a small vehicle or a side build).

I'd expect just some small parts, like a skull or a rib etc.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think people shouldn't expect the T. Rex fossil to be a substantial build with only 198 pieces, and they'll obviously use some of those pieces for some other builds (like a small vehicle or a side build).

I'd expect just some small parts, like a skull or a rib etc.

Not to mention that the figures and dinosaur parts also count towards the 198 pieces total. 

30 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not to mention that the figures and dinosaur parts also count towards the 198 pieces total. 

Exactly, There will be like 3 minfigures and a velociraptor (speculating), which'll be around 20 parts. Add accessories, you've got like 160 pieces left. 

What can they do with 160 parts? There's obviously a side build, so only a few random parts of T. Rex's fossil. 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly, There will be like 3 minfigures and a velociraptor (speculating), which'll be around 20 parts. Add accessories, you've got like 160 pieces left. 

What can they do with 160 parts? There's obviously a side build, so only a few random parts of T. Rex's fossil. 

12 pieces for the figs, 8 pieces for the raptor, around 100 pieces for the broken skeleton bits, so that leaves us around 60 more pieces for something else.

25 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

12 pieces for the figs, 8 pieces for the raptor, around 100 pieces for the broken skeleton bits, so that leaves us around 60 more pieces for something else.

It's hard to speculate on the amount of pieces they'll use for T. Rex fossil and side build(s) if we have no idea how it'll all look.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's hard to speculate on the amount of pieces they'll use for T. Rex fossil and side build(s) if we have no idea how it'll all look.

Good point. I hope we at least get a small buildable vehicle, like a quad, as an extra addition. That would compel me to buy the set more, and probably many others. I guess we can only speculate now.

Got a bit curious as to what might be possible for the $30 set so I worked out a concept model in Stud.io, using exactly 198 pieces (the Rex is there because the program doesn't have Velociraptor pieces so I just put enough pieces in there to keep to the piece limit).

$30 - T.Rex Fossil Escape - 198 pieces
Figures: Kenji, Darius and Yaz
Dinosaur(s): Blue
Accessories: flashlight, flare, Jurassic World park map, compass and Darius' Field Guide
Builds: old scaffolding, a destroyed T.Rex skeleton lying on top of the old "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner and two destructable pillars

Visitor_Center_CC_set.png

This is by no means a leak/info/hint whatsoever, just a fun little thing I wanted to do. 

Colin Trevorrow teases that the first trailer for ‘JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION’ will release “sooner than you think.” “We’ve got something fun planned & it has everything to do with getting people back into the movie theaters.”

It seems we might be getting our first look soon enough. It will definitely be fun to start speculating on some of the sets.

55 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Got a bit curious as to what might be possible for the $30 set so I worked out a concept model in Stud.io, using exactly 198 pieces (the Rex is there because the program doesn't have Velociraptor pieces so I just put enough pieces in there to keep to the piece limit).

Oh wow, that looks absolutely amazing! The T. Rex fossil is, well, not something you'd name the set after, but I love it nonetheless :wub:

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Accessories: flashlight, flare, Jurassic World park map, compass and Darius' Field Guide
Builds: old scaffolding, a destroyed T.Rex skeleton lying on top of the old "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner and two destructable pillars

Marvelous work! That is something I would be inclined to pay $30 for; I hope your prediction is correct!

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Colin Trevorrow teases that the first trailer for ‘JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION’ will release “sooner than you think.” “We’ve got something fun planned & it has everything to do with getting people back into the movie theaters.”

It seems we might be getting our first look soon enough. It will definitely be fun to start speculating on some of the sets.

Hmm... I wonder when that will be. Maybe at the end of the summer? Middle? Something like that? Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This is by no means a leak/info/hint whatsoever, just a fun little thing I wanted to do. 

I love this set and would buy it in a heartbeat. Well done. What I’ve envisioned in my mind is something very similar. I thought it was interesting that the T Rex fossil (at least the skull) seemed relatively small in relation to Blue on the show but it makes sense in the context of a play set. How do you envision the “When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth” banner? I wonder what kind of brick they will print it on or (more likely) have us apply it as a sticker to...

22 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

How do you envision the “When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth” banner? I wonder what kind of brick they will print it on or (more likely) have us apply it as a sticker to...

I included some black tiles on the skeleton builds base, slap some stickers on them and you've got yourself a small part of the banner :wink:

33 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Hmm... I wonder when that will be. Maybe at the end of the summer? Middle? Something like that? Thanks for sharing!

I suppose if he means like real soon, it'd drop before F9.

It will definitely be the biggest Summer movie this year, so I expect Universal to promote their biggest Summer 2022 movie there.

What size boat, since it will be fully molded, will we get in 76942? Maybe the one from 60277? I haven't seen CC yet, but by the looks of the images, the boat looks pretty big.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That looks Awesome!!!! I love all the little details, you should become a Lego employee lol.

16 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It looks fine. Good work.

we have to expect some sort of vehicle in this set, (possibly an ATV related thing) because lego tends to always put at least one little vehicle in almost any set. I could be wrong

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It looks fine. Good work.

yeah good job!! looks nice :) have you guys seen this video yet on CC and dominion? its really cool!

1 hour ago, JLR said:

we have to expect some sort of vehicle in this set, (possibly an ATV related thing) because lego tends to always put at least one little vehicle in almost any set. I could be wrong

Stygimoloch Breakout 

In that new Lego Harry Potter set, Chamber of Secrets, there is a giant snake (I believe it's name is Baskilist or something), and I think it has a new jaw piece, reckon they could reuse for a new Carnotaurus mold? Probably not but might as well mention it.