Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

City’s Wildlife Rescue sets are revealed officially. 

In my opinion, I think some sets are useful to build some small sceneries for Jurassic World. And that vehicles’ color schemes are good too. 

I could build my own zoo for extant creatures and dinosaurs, haha. 

I’m planning on eventually creating a small Dino safari but I’m only starting out with a flamingo, chameleon, baby dinosaurs and a collection of tiny raptors. Hopefully I’ll have some more animals and dinos by the end of this year! :laugh:

So I’m definitely thinking the biggest set of the Jurassic World sets should have at least 2 big dinosaurs: the City Safari sets piece counts and prices are on Promobricks and the pieces are VERY low for an unlicensed set. 

The second-largest set with the helicopter is €90 for 525 pieces, an elephant and several smaller animals 

The largest set with an elephant and lions is €100 for 503 pieces. 

I can definitely see how with Jurassic Worlds license <400 pieces for an £80 set makes sense but I’m really hoping the users expecting two Baryonix are right :innocent:

7 minutes ago, skelliesgang said:

Duplo set just leaked, should be seeing the rest soon?

No, the Duplo set is a June release while the regular sets are scheduled for September :wink:

10 hours ago, skelliesgang said:

Duplo set just leaked, should be seeing the rest soon?

Nope :( It’s too soon to see system-based Jurasic World sets. They are expected to be released in around September. 

I am wondering if Carnosaurus may get new certain parts and be reprinted so it would (kinda) look like Lucca’s artwork. I mean, Lucca’s Carnotaurus image is amazing! 

Just dropping my opinion here. :) 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Lucca’s Carnotaurus image is amazing!

Aren't all of Luccas artworks amazing lol?

Doesn't really give us any idea as to what we can expect from next years sets but a new image from Dominion has been revealed. Hope we get a new Barry in one of the sets.

Jurassic World Dominion

Personally, I think I already know everything about the biggest set of the Jurassic World Dominion wave, but I can't share it here, otherwise it will spoil the film for you.

9 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

Personally, I think I already know everything about the biggest set of the Jurassic World Dominion wave, but I can't share it here, otherwise it will spoil the film for you.

If it’s that spoilery, it probably won’t be represented in a LEGO set :wink:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If it’s that spoilery, it probably won’t be represented in a LEGO set :wink:

When I say spoiler, it's just new dinosaurs and new characters.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, Bababricks said:

Your logic doesn't make sense...

The sets will be revealed more than 2 months before the movie itself releases, so it will happen one way or another. 

Detailed descriptions? Months before the movie releases. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Your logic doesn't make sense...

The sets will be revealed more than 2 months before the movie itself releases, so it will happen one way or another. 

Detailed descriptions? Months before the movie releases. 

I have this information from a reliable source, but I only know the description of a single set as I said before.

The Eternals sets, for example, were unveiled earlier this year while as of this writing, the actual trailer for the film has still not been released. I remind you that the Dominion sets were originally ready for release in 2021. But I'm sure we will have to wait until 2022 for the sets to be officially unveiled.

3 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

I have this information from a reliable source, but I only know the description of a single set as I said before.

The Eternals sets, for example, were unveiled earlier this year while as of this writing, the actual trailer for the film has still not been released. I remind you that the Dominion sets were originally ready for release in 2021. But I'm sure we will have to wait until 2022 for the sets to be officially unveiled.

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I was saying was that it doesn't matter if we hear the description of the set now or later, because in the end, we'll know it before the movie releases. Simply saying, it's not a spoiler if we'll know it before we see the movie.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I was saying was that it doesn't matter if we hear the description of the set now or later, because in the end, we'll know it before the movie releases. Simply saying, it's not a spoiler if we'll know it before we see the movie.

I’m not sure if we are on same page as Bababricks is on. I mean... Bababricks said he has a reliable source so he may already know what is inside the biggest Domion set that may “spoil” the movie. Like...specific dinosaurs? Specific characters? Specific scenery? 

Surely, most of us know that Dominion is rescheduled to be released in June 2022 and these Dominion sets are delayed to 2022. But he may know what description behindthe set is. that’s it. 

Right now, I’m not trying to cause argument and I’m not certainly trying to derail here. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if we are on same page as Bababricks is on. I mean... Bababricks said he has a reliable source so he may already know what is inside the biggest Domion set that may “spoil” the movie. Like...specific dinosaurs? Specific characters? Specific scenery? 

Surely, most of us know that Dominion is rescheduled to be released in June 2022 and these Dominion sets are delayed to 2022. But he may know what description behindthe set is. that’s it. 

Right now, I’m not trying to cause argument and I’m not certainly trying to derail here. 

DBlegonerd7, you are right. This set contains a specific dinosaur and a specific landscape that I cannot talk about in detail here.

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well it's not really what I meant.

He said that he knows the info, but he won't share it with us because it will spoil the movie.

What I'm saying is, one way or another we will see this description or theset itself long before we see the movie. That means that it's either not a spoiler, or a spoiler that they willingly revealed.

Simpler - we will see the set before the movie so either way it'll be spoiled (or maybe it's not a spoiler). So saying that he won't reveal it because it's a spoiler doesn't really make sense.

Of course if he has other reasons then it's absolutely okay, I'm not trying to get this information out of him :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well it's not really what I meant.

He said that he knows the info, but he won't share it with us because it will spoil the movie.

What I'm saying is, one way or another we will see this description or theset itself long before we see the movie. That means that it's either not a spoiler, or a spoiler that they willingly revealed.

Simpler - we will see the set before the movie so either way it'll be spoiled (or maybe it's not a spoiler). So saying that he won't reveal it because it's a spoiler doesn't really make sense.

Of course if he has other reasons then it's absolutely okay, I'm not trying to get this information out of him :laugh_hard:

Ahh, thanks for clarifying it up. 

8 hours ago, Bababricks said:

DBlegonerd7, you are right. This set contains a specific dinosaur and a specific landscape that I cannot talk about in detail here.

No worries about not sharing info with us and I respect it! 

59 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No worries about not sharing info with us and I respect it! 

Here are some random thoughts (not wishlists) for these sets:

76939 - Stygimoloch Escape - $39.99 - 129 pieces

- The PP ratio of this set is very poor, suggesting we will get multiple large pieces or special molds.

- Because this is a 4+ set, the Stygimoloch may not get very vibrant or decorative colors at all. Maybe a reddish-brown? Or maybe just the same coloration as last time?

- The pieces count may mean a very small and awkward build, kinda like 75942.

- I'm not sure if this is a movie-based set, or something completely made-up... so I couldn't guess the minifigure selection.

- We may get a baby dinosaur in this set, like a baby raptor, just to spice the overall look up a little.

76940 - T-Rex Fossil Exhibition - $29.99 - 198 pieces

- I'm pretty sure we can all agree this set will not contain a T-Rex (although that would be incredible). Most likely a Velociraptor (or maybe Dilophosaurus?).

- The pieces count suggests we may get around 3 minifigs, I guess?

- There are two candidates for what this set is based on: it could be from Jurassic Park, and contain 4 minis, 1 Raptor, 1 Collapsing Rex skeleton, and a few other small items. However, a promotional image for season three of Camp Cretaceous shows Blue standing on a collapsed T-Rex skeleton, so this set may include a rejuvenated Blue in that case.

- In these instances, the latter would contain 3 minis and 4 minis... or something like that.

- Most likely a smaller build, but the parts of the Rex skeleton could make the overall size a bit larger.

- If we get a new Velociraptor color scheme in this one, I'm definitely going to put this one on my list.

76941 - Carnotaurus Chase - $49.99 - 240 pieces

- Most likely going to get (what else?) a Carnotaurus in this set.

- However, due to the pieces count, we may be getting an updated version with smaller head, jaw, body, leg, and tail molds. The budget really determines this, but I don't think it's out of the question.

- Assuming it could be a Camp Cretaceous set, the Carnotaurus may have a color scheme similar to that of Toro, or of Toro.

- Also assuming it could be a Camp Cretaceous set, we may get a small vehicle and building in this set to accompany the Carno.

- Since we do not know what this set is based on, we can only guess this could be for Camp C. In that case, we may only get 2 minifigs.

- Aside from a small vehicle and maybe a few other small decorative components, there may not be much else.

76942 - Baryonyx Boat Attack - $79.99 - 308 pieces

- I would assume two Baryonyxes in this set (Limbo and Chaos if this is for CC) and possibly a baby dinosaur.

- There will obviously be a boat in this set, so that raises the price a lot more (by Lego's standards, of course).

- This set may be based off of the last scene in S2 of CC. However, I have not watched CC at all, so I could not describe the details.

- The pieces count is scary low, so we may get a few minifigs as well as two Barys.

- The boat may be the only other build aside from the Barys and Minis, so the set will be very small and may not have a lot of interactivity for the price.

- There is a possibility this may have been mistranslated from "Spinosaurus Boat Attack", as these set names are just preliminary. However, there is not a lot of evidence to support this, but it does make somewhat sense due to the fact that it is JP 3's 20th anniversary and the new molds for it would cost a bit. Guyon2002, did your source see the preliminary pics or only see the preliminary set names? Is there any chance he could have mis-translated them? I'd love to get a Spino so bad! I of course won't let my want for something blind logic, but it is still a possibility.

Did I miss anything or get anything wrong?

Edited by pancakecrocodile
Spelling

i think the reason why the Price to piece ratio with these sets are so low, simply because their are going to be several dinos in each set. For example, with the Baryonyx boat chase set, there quite possibly would be two baryonyx. I'm really disappointed that their are not any new dinos. Let's hope if lego has sets that are based off of dominion, that the sets will be better. 

7 minutes ago, JLR said:

Let's hope if lego has sets that are based off of dominion, that the sets will be better. 

There’s no “if” about it, we’re definitely getting sets based on JWD next year :wink: The fact they’ve been delayed is proof enough

agreed. the only reason i said "if" is beacause the sets have been delayed and everything :)

40 minutes ago, JLR said:

agreed. the only reason i said "if" is beacause the sets have been delayed and everything :)

I agree.

Also, welcome to Eurobricks!