Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Maybe some people don't have enough cash to afford this stuff! Have you ever considered that? Yeesh!

That can be the case but that doesn't make a set bad, nor does it mean we have to alter our opinions to coincide with yours.

LEGO is a premium product, always has been. They aren't going to change their entire business strategy just because someone can't afford it, those people will always exist for any type of product at any given pricepoint. There's really no reason to criticize LEGO's business decisions based on your own financial situation like you've been doing all day long. If you have less money you can afford less stuff and most of those cuts will come with non-essential products, of which LEGO is a prime example.

If you can't afford to get the sets you want because of your financial situation that sucks but you can't use it as an argument to say LEGO needs to lower their prices.

5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

On a more positive note, what large carnivore might appear in the new line? Ceratosaurus? Allosaurus? Or something else?

We've already discussed this multiple times, doing it again is a waste of time.

@pancakecrocodile What is the deal with you, and what are you even talking about?

Questions like do you WANT to pay $100 for that set? No, I want to pay $2.97, but that doesn't mean I'll get it for that price.

You're complaining about prices for Lego sets because you can't buy them with those prices? Then don't, it's not like Lego will change it's whole business strategy just so you can afford a set.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Jurassic World: Dominion has a huge cast so unless they skipped a bunch of characters I definetely think Owen and Claire won't appear in every single set. Wether or not we'll see the benefits of JWD's huge cast in the 2021 lineup remains to be seen :wink:

Of course I‘m not expecting them to be in every single JWD set, but there were certainly enough of them in the JWFK line-up too :laugh: Luckily, they didn’t sacrifice other characters, so I wouldn’t expect that to happen next year either.

I’m more concerned about this year’s sets, but the last sentence in your comment does give me hope :grin:

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Luckily, they didn’t sacrifice other characters, so I wouldn’t expect that to happen next year either.

Benjamin Lockwood and Iris would beg to differ :tongue: And I guess we can count Mills as well, that figure was just pathetic. No to brag but my custom is ''mills'' better: 

Screenshot_1.jpg

That pun was just horrible :laugh_hard:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Benjamin Lockwood and Iris would beg to differ :tongue: And I guess we can count Mills as well, that figure was just pathetic. No to brag but my custom is ''mills'' better: 

That pun was just horrible :laugh_hard:

You could argue Lockwood didn’t do much, expect lying in bed, getting killed and having made some questionable decisions :tongue: But I agree, it would have made a lot of sense to include minifigs of Lockwood and Iris in a set that’s basically named after the former. Well, by that point in the film, Maisie was technically the owner of the manor, but still :grin:

Your Mills is a millsion times better than the official kitbash :laugh: I love me some bad puns

Edited by Lego-Freak

I think we'll still get a fair amount of Owen minfigures as he's kind of an icon when it comes to JW sets, but I think Lego will definitely give us a lot of new and interesting minfigures, especially with the amount of sets we're getting.

While I'm getting a bit sick of Owen I am looking forward to Claire's JWD variant. That figure will look great with a recolor of Hermione's Y1/2 hairpiece :wub:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

While I'm getting a bit sick of Owen I am looking forward to Claire's JWD variant. That figure will look great with a recolor of Hermione's Y1/2 hairpiece :wub:

Which would also be great for the people wishing to replace Molly’s hairpiece :classic: 

...watch them reuse that hairpiece or using Ginny/Maisie’s instead :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which would also be great for the people wishing to replace Molly’s hairpiece :classic: 

...watch them reusing that hairpiece or using Ginny/Maisie’s instead :laugh_hard:

While I could see them do that I do feel like a decision like that would be downright unacceptable. The Y1/2 Hermione hairpiece is literally perfect for Claire's new look, just needs a recolor. 

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

...watch them reuse that hairpiece or using Ginny/Maisie’s instead :laugh_hard:

If they use the Hermione hair piece, I will absolutely be using it to replace Molly’s horrible Qi’Ra hair

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If they use the Hermione hair piece, I will absolutely be using it to replace Molly’s horrible Qi’Ra hair

It's really not that bad a piece, if anything her face needs to go. That smile just looks evil :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's really not that bad a piece, if anything her face needs to go. That smile just looks evil :laugh_hard:

It just looks nothing like her hairstyle. Hermione’s hairpiece is literally perfect. The Qi’Ra piece worked for Qi’Ra but it was a very specific hairstyle from that specific character. Idk it just didn’t work for me on Molly. The reused Helga Hufflepuff face print is ok but I wish they had given Molly a unique face print. Maybe someday we’ll get a CMF for a battle of Hogwarts version of her or something and we can switch out the other two variants faces with that one

I am not really looking to see Owen and Claire in every single set this year. But I’m looking forward to se some improvement in Owen and Claire figures (for example, new hairpiece for Claire).

I have some small thoughts - I think Jurassic World CMF Series may be good to feature high-qualified minifigures. Because Dominion is going to have a large number of actors and there are so many figures frothe past to today (Alan, Malcom, Ellie, John from Jurasic Park, Sarah from The Lost World, Ben from Jurassic Park III, etc.). Of course, series won’t include some small/medium-sized dinosaurs becasue I don’t see any points in including separated parts in blind bags. Also, of course, Jurasic World CMF series is highly unlikely to happen but it’s my personal opinion. :) 

If Lowery is returning in Dominion, I would love to see a minifigure for him, because 1) we didn't get one in 2015 and 2) it would make a great addition to people's collections. I ordered the minis from the Trex Rampage set individually, and they made a fine addition to my collection, to quote General Grievous. What hairpiece would he utilize, though? I'm thinking Owen's hair, just recolored black...?

Edited by pancakecrocodile

Wow, been out for 2 days and readin g through the last 2 pages to catch up kinda freaked me out a bit ?

2 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Wow, been out for 2 days and readin g through the last 2 pages to catch up kinda freaked me out a bit ?

Thanks...:sad:

All I can say is that school is rough.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

Thanks...:sad:

All I can say is that school is rough.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it as to be harmful, I just thought it escalated so fast into completely different topics that I wasn’t sure if I was trying to find me some new infos for Lego dinosaurs or arguing economics.

lol I know, believe me, had a few rough days from Sunday at work myself... night shifts with Corona aren’t fun ?

No, it's okay; it isn't your fault. But it is nice to get to talk to other people every so often.

It must be terrible to have to work night shifts with covid, I'm so sorry! :cry_sad:

Let’s all stay positive! I have been following eurobricks for years. I decided to create an account because this place always represented fun, excitement and joy for a common passion of ours, which is Lego. Let’s all accept we have different perspectives and opinions when it comes to the brand and share them! 

if there are certain topics that aren’t meant to be discussed here, I suggest, if you guys accept suggestions from a humble newcomer, create a list as the ones created on other topics and people will respectfully follow. ?

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

If Lowry is returning in Dominion, I would love to see a minifigure for him, because 1) we didn't get one in 2015 and 2) it would make a great addition to people's collections. I ordered the minis from the Trex Rampage set individually, and they made a fine addition to my collection, to quote General Grievous. What hairpiece would he utilize, though? I'm thinking Owen's hair, just recolored black...?

I would love a Lowery minifig. After the original trio and Dodgson, he’s the character I want the most 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

If the original list is 100% correct, we're probably looking at 8 sets based on JWD. Of course not all of them have to be, but if they weren't, there wouldn't be a reason to delay them, would there :wink:

With this high amount of sets, the minifig roster should be big enough to include the trio, Lowery, and Dodgson :classic:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If the original list is 100% correct, we're probably looking at 8 sets based on JWD. Of course not all of them have to be, but if they weren't, there wouldn't be a reason to delay them, would there :wink:

With this high amount of sets, the minifig roster should be big enough to include the trio, Lowery, and Dodgson :classic:

Hot diggity dog!! I hope to see a bearded Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm :laugh_hard:

Let's just say that I'm personally confident on Lowery being included in a future product. Can't elaborate much more on that and don't take it as confirmation of any kind.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Let's just say that I'm personally confident on Lowery being included in a future product. Can't elaborate much more on that and don't take it as confirmation of any kind.

If this line features random sets inspired by movie scenes like last year (75941, to name... the only one), then could we get a set with Lowery this year? It isn't impossible, but it sure is unlikely.