Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

No, the question is, do you WANT to pay $100 for it?

You can think what you want about this set, but I personally hate it, and have much evidence to back my statement up. It is very small for the price, has few pieces, and various flaws that make it a terrible set not worth my hard-earned money (branding or not).

Like I said it has 2 amazing dinosaurs, fantastic figures, a great (and actually usefull) build and for ''only'' $100 when (looking at LEGO's past) they could've easily asked $120 for it. So yes, I wanted to pay that for it and did so.

You are obviously allowed to have your opinion but there is no ''evidence'', as you call it, to back up that the price is factually too high. Those 2 dinosaurs, the gyrosphere and the numerous larger-than-normal pieces really bump up the price for this set. Factually speaking the price for this set is fine, wether or not you personally agree with that is your decision.

I am quoting an official Brickset review, based on hundreds of opinions, for set 75941:

"This model definitely appears impressive, taking inspiration from the Gyrosphere ride and the subsequent battle between the Indominus rex and an Ankylosaurus. I anticipate these dinosaurs will prove exceptionally exciting, but the price of £89.99 or $99.99 is incredibly disconcerting because this set only includes 537 pieces, even taking the branding and new pieces expenses into account."

If Lego continues to overprice their items, I will have no choice but to not support them.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

1 minute ago, pancakecrocodile said:

If Lego continues to overprice their items, I will have no choice but to not support them.

Sounds like you won't have much too look forward to this year then in terms of LEGO JW.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Sounds like you won't have much too look forward to this year then in terms of LEGO JW.

NOOOOOO!!!!! Thank you for the information, though.

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

But did you see the pieces count? The size? The sparse detail on Ankylosaurus? The money saving Indominus arms? Even taking the cost it was to produce the new dinos into account, this set was pretty expensive. The total price should be more like $80 or $90, not $100. If they had thrown the Indominus out (which I'm kind of glad they didn't) I would have payed $60 dollars for it. But it was overpriced, taking everything into account. The question is not "will you pay 100 dollars for it", it's "do you WANT to pay 100 dollars for it?". So, would you WANT to to pay $100 dollars for it?

Yes, I paid it gladly and still think it was worth every penny. It’s a really good set all around 

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, I paid it gladly and still think it was worth every penny. It’s a really good set all around 

So you would have wanted to pay $100 rather than $80 or $90? That makes no sense whatsoever.

It was just so small, I just bought the figures individually on Bricklink. I wish there was a jeep or something, that might have made it worth around $100. If only Lego had not made this set yet; I would have loved to wait a few years when the economy is more stable to see a more detailed Ankylosaurus or Indominus.

12 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

So you would have wanted to pay $100 rather than $80 or $90? That makes no sense whatsoever.

It was just so small, I just bought the figures individually on Bricklink. I wish there was a jeep or something, that might have made it worth around $100. If only Lego had not made this set yet; I would have loved to wait a few years when the economy is more stable to see a more detailed Ankylosaurus or Indominus.

It's incredibly obvious that anyone would opt for the lower price if given a choice but that doesn't mean the initial price set by LEGO isn't worth it.

Based on your arguments and ''evidence'' I'm also gonna have to assume that you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what determines the price for a specific set. 

May I remind you...

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I am quoting an official Brickset review, based on hundreds of opinions, for set 75941:

"This model definitely appears impressive, taking inspiration from the Gyrosphere ride and the subsequent battle between the Indominus rex and an Ankylosaurus. I anticipate these dinosaurs will prove exceptionally exciting, but the price of £89.99 or $99.99 is incredibly disconcerting because this set only includes 537 pieces, even taking the branding and new pieces expenses into account."

Assume what you want, but if it costs 19 cents for every piece (including the 1x1 studs) in this set altogether, I'm not going to let Lego dupe me into buying their overpriced products.

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

May I remind you...

That's still an opinion, not a fact. If you factor in everything included in the set and compare it to how final set prices are generally finalised there's nothing wrong with the price of this set. It may be a bit on the expensive side but that's what you get with a licensed theme, 2 dinosaurs and several other large molds. 

Now can we please move on from this pointless discussion?

Not sure what you‘re trying to prove here, the reviews on Brickset just reflect the writer’s opinion :purrr: It‘s not more valid than your opinion, mine, or anybody else‘s. 

Edit: Ninja‘d :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's still an opinion, not a fact. If you factor in everything included in the set and compare it to how final set prices are generally finalised there's nothing wrong with the price of this set. It may be a bit on the expensive side but that's what you get with a licensed theme, 2 dinosaurs and several other large molds. 

Now can we please move on from this pointless discussion?

You admit it is expensive! VICTORY!

I don't and never will agree with the price on this set, nor with any of you on your position, but, however, I am done discussing this. I do not like this set, and will never support Lego through the purchase of it. Thank you.

Do you think it is likely we'll see a Pachycephalosaurus this year? I would assume it would be in either 76940 or 76941.

One thing I‘d like to see in the upcoming wave, and I do realise how unrealistic that is, would be a larger variety of minifigs. Their quality is great, don‘t get me wrong, but I‘m sick and tired of the Owen & Claire army. They‘ve basically turned into Minecraft Steve and Alex :tongue: The people complaining that both were only included in one set back in 2015 definitely got what they asked for :laugh_hard:

The chances for a change there are quite low, but maybe they went a different route here considering that the delayed JWD wave would‘ve included plenty of these two anyway? Probably just wishful thinking on my end though. 

I also realise that the dinos are ultimately the stars of the show, which they should be IMO. But it‘d still be nice to get a bit more minifig variety or at least fewer Owens and Claires

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

One thing I‘d like to see in the upcoming wave, and I do realise how unrealistic that is, would be a larger variety of minifigs. Their quality is great, don‘t get me wrong, but I‘m sick and tired of the Owen & Claire army. They‘ve basically turned into Minecraft Steve and Alex :tongue: The people complaining that both were only included in one set back in 2015 definitely got what they asked for :laugh_hard:

The chances for a change there are quite low, but maybe they went a different route here considering that the delayed JWD wave would‘ve included plenty of these two anyway? Probably just wishful thinking on my end though. 

I also realise that the dinos are ultimately the stars of the show, which they should be IMO. But it‘d still be nice to get a bit more minifig variety or at least fewer Owens and Claires

Jurassic World: Dominion has a huge cast so unless they skipped a bunch of characters I definetely think Owen and Claire won't appear in every single set. Wether or not we'll see the benefits of JWD's huge cast in the 2021 lineup remains to be seen :wink:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They‘ve basically turned into Minecraft Steve and Alex :tongue:

HAHAHA! That is a great and accurate way to put it! But I agree with you: Owen was in every single set last year... it has been kind of boring. One thing I liked about 75941 was that we got an older Claire variant, something we could only have obtained in set 75917. I hope if Owen and Claire proliferate this and next year, they have different decals on their torsos and legs.

And by "proliferate", I don't mean that...

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Jurassic World: Dominion has a huge cast so unless they skipped a bunch of characters I definetely think Owen and Claire won't appear in every single set. Wether or not we'll see the benefits of JWD's huge cast in the 2021 lineup remains to be seen :wink:

If we don’t get the original trio I will be so upset. I do want Dominion versions of Owen and Claire since I love variants, but I don’t think that will be a problem. I also really really want Dodgson

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If we don’t get the original trio I will be so upset. I do want Dominion versions of Owen and Claire since I love variants, but I don’t think that will be a problem. I also really really want Dodgson

I think you can definetely count on those 3 being spread out over the most expensive sets the JWD range has to offer :tongue:

10 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Because of the supposed reveal of Giganotosaurus as (presumably) the main antagonist for Dominion, is it likely it will be featured in the $119.99 set?

We don't really know anything about the Giganotosaurus' role in the film, if it's even in the film to begin with. Sam Neill has said himself that he's no dinosaur expert so it's definetely possible he mixed something up. 

I do think this Giganotosaurus (or whatever other theropod it may be) will show up in a set, as to which one I have no clue. Could be literally any one of the higher-priced sets :shrug_oh_well:

The only set that I would expect it to be in is the $119.99 one. I mean, what other higher-priced sets are there? I would not expect Giga to be in any of the $50 ones. That being said, we don't know any of the prices for the next 4, so I don't know. Hopefully!

2 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

May I remind you...

Assume what you want, but if it costs 19 cents for every piece (including the 1x1 studs) in this set altogether, I'm not going to let Lego dupe me into buying their overpriced products.

Then buy a set you can actually afford.  Lego is not a cheap hobby to get into.  Not only does buying sets get expensive but also storage and space for all the Lego you have.  And if you  want a more expensive set save money where you can or pick up extra cash by doing extra work.  The set has 2 large molds for the dinosaurs which drives the price up as Guyon said and the set seems reasonable to me.  Dinosaurs are nice to have I don't have many because I usually buy other themes, but I do like the raptors and my son has a t-rex that is very nice.  It will be interesting to see if there will be new dino's and what they will be in the sets.  

Just now, zoth33 said:

Then buy a set you can actually afford.  Lego is not a cheap hobby to get into.  Not only does buying sets get expensive but also storage and space for all the Lego you have.  And if you  want a more expensive set save money where you can or pick up extra cash by doing extra work.  The set has 2 large molds for the dinosaurs which drives the price up as Guyon said and the set seems reasonable to me.  Dinosaurs are nice to have I don't have many because I usually buy other themes, but I do like the raptors and my son has a t-rex that is very nice.  It will be interesting to see if there will be new dino's and what they will be in the sets.  

I don't buy the sets, only the figures, as I said numerous times before. I will not waste my money on overpriced junk at all, and I collect only dinosaurs; that is my hobby. I don't know how and why people can afford stuff like 75941, and I find it disrespectful to dwell on advantages some people have that are not accessible to the less fortunate.

Your taking this way too personal.  What you do in your life is your own deal.  All I will say is this is not a cheap hobby and has never been.  I am not throwing shade on anyone that can't afford Lego.  There are ways to make more money though.  

4 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I don't buy the sets, only the figures, as I said numerous times before. I will not waste my money on overpriced junk at all, and I collect only dinosaurs; that is my hobby. I don't know how and why people can afford stuff like 75941, and I find it disrespectful to dwell on advantages some people have that are not accessible to the less fortunate.

Maybe it is, but it’s just as disrespectful to get all pissy at the people who can afford it and actually enjoy it. Lego collecting isn’t cheap. It just isn’t. You can’t expect it to be and call it junk just because you’re not willing to dish out the cash

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Maybe it is, but it’s just as disrespectful to get all ----- at the people who can afford it and actually enjoy it. Lego collecting isn’t cheap. It just isn’t. You can’t expect it to be and call it junk just because you’re not willing to dish out the cash

Maybe some people don't have enough cash to afford this stuff! Have you ever considered that? Yeesh!

Can we just drop this? It is getting way too assumptive and contemptuous.