Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I hope we see a set with pteranodon, I know it has appeared in every single wave except 2019 but I want it for 3 reasons: they are supper good army builders or in this case flock builders? Second Pteranodon Longiceps is my favorite animal and I want to have as many of those as possible and third I want a TLW color skin varían which would be amazing or a scientifically accurate Pteranodon which would also be amazing.

PD: sorry if my grammar is bad I’m Venezuelan 

I understand your reasons. And I don’t mind getting multi Pterandons in different colors! I just think it’s cool to have a flock of Pteranodons like ones in Jurassic Park III and Jurassic World’s aviary scenes. So I don’t have any issues with Pterandons. :) 

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

I hope we see a set with pteranodon, I know it has appeared in every single wave except 2019 but I want it for 3 reasons: they are supper good army builders or in this case flock builders? Second Pteranodon Longiceps is my favorite animal and I want to have as many of those as possible and third I want a TLW color skin varían which would be amazing or a scientifically accurate Pteranodon which would also be amazing.

Oh right -welcome to Eurobricks, by the way! :) 

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

I wouldn’t want it to replace any potential new dinos but one can never have too many Pteranodons. I like the way it was done in the Gallimimus set in 2020. A new dino with a Pteranodon thrown in the set to make things interesting

Thanks DBlegonerd7!!!!

On 1/15/2021 at 5:55 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Last years set weren't all amazing but still miles better than the crap we got in 2019. The Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus set is by far the best JW set LEGO has made imo. 

I think the 2019 wave was good not perfect but solid, we got a baryonyx which is super inaccurate but still it’s a baryonyx and we finally saw the return of the trike which was just amazing! And the 2020 wave maybe my second favorite dinosaur/prehistoric animal wave! Of course the sets are really expensive but I think the value is ok not the price per piece but the rest yes, the selection of Dino’s is what really makes me appreciate this wave they absolutely didn’ t cheap out on the quantity! We got 2 really nice recolors to very massible  animals and we got two new dinosaurs gallimimus and ankylosaurus and two very nice juveniles including bumpy! 

I want to rank all dinosaur themes lego has put out, but I will count the Jurassic world waves as different themes tho they’re not. 

9 Jurassic park 3 line

8 Dino attack/ Dino 2010

7 2000 dinosaurs

6 2015 Jurassic world wave

5 dinosaur island

4 2019 Jurassic world wave

3 fallen kingdom wave (which introduced my favorite pteranodon color skin till this day) 

2 2020 Jurassic world wave 

1 Lego Dino 2012 (I absolutely adore lego Dino) 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I understand your reasons. And I don’t mind getting multi Pterandons in different colors! I just think it’s cool to have a flock of Pteranodons like ones in Jurassic Park III and Jurassic World’s aviary scenes. So I don’t have any issues with Pterandons. :) 

I personally don’t think Lego will have two separate consecutive waves including the same dinosaurs (pteranodon/velociraptor) I believe those two species will be saved for dominion’s release, unless of course 2020 wave withdraws before next coming wave, which I doubt, guess you never know... Maybe a repaint for stygi in the 4+ set? Guess we’ll have to wait and see. But I’ll be VERY surprise if we see a T-Rex, veloci or ptera appear in any of the sets before 2022.

2 hours ago, LegoCyt said:

I personally don’t think Lego will have two separate consecutive waves including the same dinosaurs (pteranodon/velociraptor) I believe those two species will be saved for dominion’s release, unless of course 2020 wave withdraws before next coming wave, which I doubt, guess you never know... Maybe a repaint for stygi in the 4+ set? Guess we’ll have to wait and see. But I’ll be VERY surprise if we see a T-Rex, veloci or ptera appear in any of the sets before 2022.

That’s quite true but we haven’t seen Stygi since 2018 wave. Same for Carano, Bary, Tricera. I am not certain about T-rex’s next appearance either. Of course, Galli and Ankylo just showed up in 2020 wave so I’m not expecting to see their return in 2021 wave

So - that being said, Ptera, Veloci, and/or Dilo may show up in 2021 wave. Personally, i truly hope Carono would come back with some updates, just like I-rex came back with new arms and improved printing.

Dominion has so many sets for 2022, it may be cool to see some dinosaurs come back, such as Stygi, T-rex, Tricera, Veloci, etc. However, we dont know anything about the 2022 wave since it’s too early for us to find out (it’s January 2021, not 2022). 

Hey dino fans!

I’m going to share news with you - there is a fan vote for classic lego themes! But i can’t remember if there is any dinosaur theme in Adventurers?? Anyways, here’s the link:

https://ideas.lego.com/activities/94a92b7c-d134-4218-a5fb-6dbc5061e133?query=&sort=most_recent

Edited by DBlegonerd7

57 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That’s quite true but we haven’t seen Stygi since 2018 wave. Same for Carano, Bary, Tricera. I am not certain about T-rex’s next appearance either. Of course, Galli and Ankylo just showed up in 2020 wave so I’m not expecting to see their return in 2021 wave

So - that being said, Ptera, Veloci, and/or Dilo may show up in 2021 wave. Personally, i truly hope Carono would come back with some updates, just like I-rex came back with new arms and improved printing.

Dominion has so many sets for 2022, it may be cool to see some dinosaurs come back, such as Stygi, T-rex, Tricera, Veloci, etc. However, we dont know anything about the 2022 wave since it’s too early for us to find out (it’s January 2021, not 2022). 

Exactly, we had Ankylo and galli last 2020 wave but we also had veloci and ptera, which is why I meant we shouldn’t expect those for 2021 wave, rather more for 2022 wave, when JWD is released.

I would love to get an absolute remodel for carno (Lucca’s style, don’t know if you guys know him, I believe he’s been mentioned before in 2020 rumors; has pretty solid designs for Lego dinosaurs)

If we are due to get another set with the dilo, at least I hope is the old version.

Just now, LegoCyt said:

Exactly, we had Ankylo and galli last 2020 wave but we also had veloci and ptera, which is why I meant we shouldn’t expect those for 2021 wave, rather more for 2022 wave, when JWD is released.

I would love to get an absolute remodel for carno (Lucca’s style, don’t know if you guys know him, I believe he’s been mentioned before in 2020 rumors; has pretty solid designs for Lego dinosaurs)

If we are due to get another set with the dilo, at least I hope is the old version.

I definetely wouldn't count out any dinosaurs just yet.

Just now, LegoCyt said:

I agree with you.

I LOVE lucca’s artworks! I mean...these dinosaur designs are absolutely beautiful! Lego should hire Lucca as a designer

23 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey dino fans!

I’m going to share news with you - there is a fan vote for classic lego themes! But i can’t remember if there is any dinosaur theme in Adventurers?? Anyways, here’s the link:

https://ideas.lego.com/activities/94a92b7c-d134-4218-a5fb-6dbc5061e133?query=&sort=most_recent

Wow! Thanks man! I didn’t know! I just voted! ? great move from Lego 

there were dinosaurs in Lego Studios Theme

Just now, LegoCyt said:

Wow! Thanks man! I didn’t know! I just voted! ? great move from Lego 

there were dinosaurs in Lego Studios Theme

No problem dude!

I completely forgot abut the Studios theme, thank you for remaining me! :) 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I definetely wouldn't count out any dinosaurs just yet.

Not a problem, unless the designs are new or mildly realistic, I won’t bother to buy any repeats, I don’t plan to have an army of velociraptors and I have all the ptera I want for my display, anyways, I understand people who want them if they never got the chance to buy them

20 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with you.

I LOVE lucca’s artworks! I mean...these dinosaur designs are absolutely beautiful! Lego should hire Lucca as a designer

He's got more coming than just artwork :wink: Although I won't spill the beans on it :tongue:

12 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Not a problem, unless the designs are new or mildly realistic, I won’t bother to buy any repeats, I don’t plan to have an army of velociraptors and I have all the ptera I want for my display, anyways, I understand people who want them if they never got the chance to buy them

The main thing to remember is that this isn't like any other wave we've had before in that it has a specific budget and that's it. Jurassic World's original 2021 line-up had a budget (which would've been bigger than normal as JWD would be coming out) and that budget has been spread out over the entire wave, only for most of it to get delayed by a year.

I'm not saying we won't get anything new, as the pricepoints for these sets would definetely suggest otherwise, but it's crucial to take in mind that most budget went towards the new stuff needed for Dominion (dinosaurs, figures, molds etc.) and those sets are also the most likely to have been delayed. So while it may not factually be that way it would be advisable to expect a somewhat lower-budget wave.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He's got more coming than just artwork :wink: Although I won't spill the beans on it :tongue:

Oh yeah! He promised sets when he surprisingly released his design for the Brachi, can’t wait!

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The main thing to remember is that this isn't like any other wave we've had before in that it has a specific budget and that's it. Jurassic World's original 2021 line-up had a budget (which would've been bigger than normal as JWD would be coming out) and that budget has been spread out over the entire wave, only for most of it to get delayed by a year.

I'm not saying we won't get anything new, as the pricepoints for these sets would definetely suggest otherwise, but it's crucial to take in mind that most budget went towards the new stuff needed for Dominion (dinosaurs, figures, molds etc.) and those sets are also the most likely to have been delayed. So while it may not factually be that way it would be advisable to expect a somewhat lower-budget wave.

That makes so much sense, I always keep forgetting they had to split it in 2 waves. That makes me wonder if they plan to add 4 more sets in 2022, too soon to know I suppose. I hope at least they plan to profit a bit in CC.

I believe the production for Lego Jurassic has significantly increased since the saga’s return back in 2015, I wonder why we don’t get more than one wave per year, too expensive to produce? Not enough of a fan response?

2 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

I believe the production for Lego Jurassic has significantly increased since the saga’s return back in 2015, I wonder why we don’t get more than one wave per year, too expensive to produce? Not enough of a fan response?

Jurassic World performs well but not well enough to get multiple waves a year and I'm honestly fine with the theme as it is now, a small wave every year and a big one when a movie comes out. 

The only thing I would still want this theme itself to do (so nothing set-specific) is revisist the original trilogy.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The only thing I would still want this theme itself to do (so nothing set-specific) is revisist the original trilogy.

That’s something I’d like as well, they have done it with the HP line, maybe we’ll get that in Jurassic after the saga is finished?

2 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

That’s something I’d like as well, they have done it with the HP line, maybe we’ll get that in Jurassic after the saga is finished?

Bit of a pessimistic point of view but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this theme gets axed after JWD :def_shrug:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Bit of a pessimistic point of view but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this theme gets axed after JWD :def_shrug:

LOL, yep, rather realistic than pessimistic, that seems the most likely scenario

I also doubt it's going to survive past JWD, but you never know :laugh: Maybe the theme returns once the next film comes out? They've hinted that JWD may not be the last one after all :shrug_oh_well: Also, it wouldn't be the first time the theme went into hibernation (2016-17 e.g.)

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I also doubt it's going to survive past JWD, but you never know :laugh: Maybe the theme returns once the next film comes out? They've hinted that JWD may not be the last one after all :shrug_oh_well: Also, it wouldn't be the first time the theme went into hibernation (2016-17 e.g.)

I don't believe a word Frank Marshall says, I'll be genuinely surprised if we get another Jurassic movie after Dominion.

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't believe a word Frank Marshall says, I'll be genuinely surprised if we get another Jurassic movie after Dominion.

Any specific reason you distrust him? If it rakes in enough money (and judging by the previous two, it will), I see no reason they wouldn't continue the series :laugh:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Any specific reason you distrust him? If it rakes in enough money (and judging by the previous two, it will), I see no reason they wouldn't continue the series :laugh:

Not necessarily Marshall himself but the folks behind the Jurassic franchise in general have talked about a number of things that never ended up happening. Although taking in mind Jurassic is a franchise owned by Universal (:ugh:) they'll probably continue milking it the wrong way untill the franchise dies a slow and painfull death. 

Literally my one wish film-wise: please take the Jurassic franchise away from Universal :hmpf_bad:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not necessarily Marshall himself but the folks behind the Jurassic franchise in general have talked about a number of things that never ended up happening. Although taking in mind Jurassic is a franchise owned by Universal (:ugh:) they'll probably continue milking it the wrong way untill the franchise dies a slow and painfull death. 

Literally my one wish film-wise: please take the Jurassic franchise away from Universal :hmpf_bad:

Do you imagine the franchise under his wifey’s claws at Lucasfilm/Disney? I don’t know what’s worse...