Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

By the way, you and @LegoCyt, welcome to Eurobricks! :) 

Thanks man, glad to be here!

9 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Here is my speculative theory, since Lego is probably not going to do movie-canon stuff this year (unfortunately):

76939 - Pteranodon with easy-build helicopter or ground vehicle for $20.

76940 - 2 Dimorphodons or a Velociraptor with a building or a truck for either $20-$30.

76941 -  Not sure... Maybe a small herbivore, like a Pachycephalosaurus for $30. It would fit with Stiggy.

76942 -  Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, or Ceratosaurus with unique bodies and maybe a vehicle for either $50-$60.

All of those sound great imo. I hope Lego follows the line of giving us 2 dinos per set, like in the 2020 wave. I have been dying to get a Stegosaurus for years, and Parasaurolophus is one of my top 5 to get as well. We don't know how much of a prominent role will the Ceratosaurus play in next season of CC, but since it is JPIII anniversary, it would make more sense to get a Spinosaurus? (wishlisting here)

I believe since the Triceratops set has been withdrawn, we could count on a new ceratopsian, maybe Sinoceratops? They have focused a lot on that species since last JW movie. It would be sick if we got the Nasuto vs Allosaurus from the BaBR short film, although I wouldn't count on it looking at the price range for the sets...

Edited by LegoCyt
spelling

Just now, LegoCyt said:

All of those sound great imo. I hope Lego follows the line of giving us 2 dinos per set, like in the 2020 wave. I have been dying to get a Stegosaurus for years, and Parasaurolophus is one of my top 5 to get as well. We don't know how much of a prominent role will the Ceratosaurus play in next season of CC, but since it is JPIII anniversary, it would make more sense to get a Spinosaurus? (wishlisting here)

I believe since the Triceratops set has been withdrawn, we could count on a new ceratopsian, maybe Sinoceratops? They have focus a lot on that species since last JW movie. It would be sick if we got the Nasuto vs Allosaurus from the BaBR short film, although I wouldn't count on it looking at the price range for the sets...

Based on the piececounts and prices my guess would be that 76941 includes a new ceratopsian (preferably Sinoceratops) and 76942 a brand new theropod (most likely Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus or Spinosaurus). The 4+ set and 76939 are unlikely to include new dinosaurs, it's not impossible but I don't see it happening. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Based on the piececounts and prices my guess would be that 76941 includes a new ceratopsian (preferably Sinoceratops) and 76942 a brand new theropod (most likely Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus or Spinosaurus). The 4+ set and 76939 are unlikely to include new dinosaurs, it's not impossible but I don't see it happening. 

Hmm, now that you have giving your guesses, I have fully convinced myself that 76942 has to be the Ceratosaurus 

1- You have said numerous times that you think 76942 will have a big and exciting dinosaur (because you know the prices so it must be very expensive, and the piece count is low, so possibly all new molds (even though if they were going to make a Ceratosaurus it would be oversized, like the carnotaurus))

2-

It comes out the same year as Camp Cretaceous season 2, which has like swapped the two main antagonists (Indominus rex + Carnotaurus to Tyrannosaurus rex + Ceratosaurus)

3- (may just be a coincidence or because they need a big dinosaur for a big set but anyways-) every wave the biggest set gets a large carnivorous dinosaur

(2015 - Indominus rex 

2018 - Indoraptor 

2019 - Tyrannosaurus rex 

2020 - Indominus rex 

2021 - Ceratosaurus)

Kinda just connects perfectly I guess, but maybe I'm wrong and it's like the 2018 juniors set that had the t rex for a ridiculous price lol, now that would suck.

We'll see when the sets are leaked or revealed. Maybe the names of the sets could leak, then there's a 50/50 chance of knowing what the species is.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

New dinosaurs we have to see in the future (my wishlist):

• Compsognathus (Recolored baby raptor)   $10 set
  • Microceratus (With baby raptor body)   $10 set
  • Baby Pachycephalosaurus (With baby raptor body)   $30 set
  • Dimorphodon (from the game, with separate wings)   $20 set
  • Pachycephalosaurus   $30 set
  • Peloroplites from FK (I made a custom one using bootleg triceratops and epoxy)   $30 set
  • Sinoceratops   $50 set
  • Nasutoceratops   $50 set
  • Stegosaurus (With they new Anky parts, it would be easy for Lego to do)   $50 set
  • Ceratosaurus (Unique body, not Baryonyx body)   $50 set
  • Teratophoneus (Recolored Indoraptor with Rx arms)   $70 set
  • New Carno (Shared body with Cerato)   $70 set
  • Corythosaurus  $50 set
  • Allosaurus (Shared body with Cerato, just with new Indominus arms)   $70 set
  • Parasaurolophus   $50 set
  • Spinosaurus   $100 set
  • Mosasaurus (I don't know how it would look, though)   $90 set
  • Apatosaurus   $80 set
  • Mamenchisaurus   $150 set
  • Brachiosaurus   $120 set

Again, these are just entirely speculative; hope they are of interest.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hmm, now that you have giving your guesses, I have fully convinced myself that 76942 has to be the Ceratosaurus 

1- You have said numerous times that you think 76942 will have a big and exciting dinosaur (because you know the prices so it must be very expensive, and the piece count is low, so possibly all new molds (even though if they were going to make a Ceratosaurus it would be oversized, like the carnotaurus))

2-

Reveal hidden contents

It comes out the same year as Camp Cretaceous season 2, which has like swapped the two main antagonists (Indominus rex + Carnotaurus to Tyrannosaurus rex + Ceratosaurus)

3- (may just be a coincidence or because they need a big dinosaur for a big set but anyways-) every wave the biggest set gets a large carnivorous dinosaur

(2015 - Indominus rex 

2018 - Indoraptor 

2019 - Tyrannosaurus rex 

2020 - Indominus rex 

2021 - Ceratosaurus)

Kinda just connects perfectly I guess, but maybe I'm wrong and it's like the 2018 juniors set that had the t rex for a ridiculous price lol, now that would suck.

We'll see when the sets are leaked or revealed. Maybe the names of the sets could leak, then there's a 50/50 chance of knowing what the species is.

Are we pretty sure that 76942 contains a Ceratosaurus? I'm less inclined to pay $50 for only 308 pieces unless it contains either a Para, Sino, Allo, Cerato, or Stego.

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

Are we pretty sure that 76942 contains a Ceratosaurus? I'm less inclined to pay $50 for only 308 pieces unless it contains either a Para, Sino, Allo, Cerato, or Stego.

He specifically stated that this was just him speculating so no. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

He specifically stated that this was just him speculating so no. 

Alright.

This is a great theory, and I have nothing against it (I personally love it)... but hasn't lego not released 2 more sets for this year? Or are they for next year? I wonder if they have more pieces and larger dinos.

Alright.

This is a great theory, and I have nothing against it (I personally love it)... but hasn't lego not released 2 more sets for this year? Or are they for next year? I wonder if they have more pieces and larger dinos.

These 4 are the only ones that will release this year, the others that were planned have all been moved to 2022 because of JWD's delay.

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

New dinosaurs we have to see in the future (my wishlist): ...

That’s  great! you only have to add Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus and Spinosaurus, and you’ll have the entire JP/JW saga + extras!

As much as I’d love that... almost 100% sure it won’t ever happen. 

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

New dinosaurs we have to see in the future (my wishlist):

• Compsognathus (Recolored baby raptor)
  • Microceratus (With baby raptor body)
  • Baby Pachycephalosaurus (With baby raptor body)
  • Dimorphodon (from the game, with separate wings)
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Peloroplites from FK (I made a custom one using bootleg triceratops and epoxy)
  • Sinoceratops
  • Nasutoceratops
  • Stegosaurus (With they new Anky parts, it would be easy for Lego to do)
  • Ceratosaurus (Unique body, not Baryonyx body)
  • Teratophoneus (Recolored Indoraptor with Rx arms)
  • New Carno (Shared body with Cerato)
  • Allosaurus (Shared body with Cerato, just with new Indominus arms)
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Mosasaurus (I don't know how it would look, though)
  • Apatosaurus
  • Brachiosaurus

Again, these are just entirely speculative; hope they are of interest.

I like your wishlist! It’s quite more diverse. I think Mosasaurus would  have a “whale” body with  some new fins and tails? 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 1/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, Guyon2002 said:

JW 2021 sets (rest is delayed to 2022): 

76939 (4+) - 129 pieces
76940 - 198 pieces
76941 - 240 pieces
76942 - 308 pieces

So if we get this line of 4 sets for 2021, and sets 76944-52? Are delayed till dominion’s release, is there a chance there is a set 76943?

32 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

So if we get this line of 4 sets for 2021, and sets 76944-52? Are delayed till dominion’s release, is there a chance there is a set 76943?

It's an obvious conclusion so I might as well say yes, 76943 is a set for 2022.

Alright, here are the different options for each set that I've convinced myself are:

76939: Pteranodon Helicopter Pursuit - $19.99 - 129 pieces - 1 Pteranodon, 2 Minifigs, 1 Helicopter, 1 small laboratory, and 1 net-shooter

76940: Dimorphodon Dock Attack - $24.99 - 198 pieces - 2 Dimorphodons, 2 Minifigs, 1 Small Boat, 1 Crane, 1 collapsing wall, some fish, and some cargo supplies

76941: Pachycephalosaurus Escape - $29.99 - 240 pieces - 1 Pachycephalosaurus, 2 Minifigs, 1 Small vehicle with net-shooter, 1 collapsing security fence, 1 opening gate, and 2 trees

76942: Ceratosaurus Breakout - $49.99 - 308 pieces - 1 Ceratosaurus, 1 Baby Raptor (repainted to look like Cerato), 3 Minifigs, 1 Rig with shooting snare, 1 collapsing fence (like from 75937), and 1 watchtower

OR...

76939: Dilophosaurus Escape - $19.99 - 129 pieces - 1 Dilophosaurus, 2 Minifigs, 1 Jeep with shooting snare, and 1 small collapsible fence

76940: Raptor Attack (similar to 75920, but with only 1 Raptor) - $29.99 - 198 pieces - 1 Raptor, 1 Baby Raptor, 2 Minifigs, 1 small enclosure, and 1 small quad

76941: Pterosaur Aviary - $29.99 - 240 pieces - 1 Pteranodon, 1 Dimorphodon, 2 Minifigs, 1 Helicopter (bigger than the one in 75915), and 1 small section of ground with a railed turret

76942: Parasaurolophus Breakout - $49.99 - 308 pieces - 1 Parasaurolophus, 3 Minifigs, 1 Rig with shooting snare, 1 swamp tree, and 1 collapsing watchtower

I actually really like these ideas, although I prefer combinations of both lists. These are entirely speculative, as I have no clue what this line will actually feature. I don't know if these will be for any movies or Camp C or anything else, but if Lego did what they did last year, these are some sets I might expect.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's an obvious conclusion so I might as well say yes, 76943 is a set for 2022.

10 sets for 2022? Yes please! ?

On 1/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Guyon2002 said:

JW 2021 sets (rest is delayed to 2022): 

76939 (4+) - 129 pieces
76940 - 198 pieces
76941 - 240 pieces
76942 - 308 pieces

actually im glad were only getting smaller sets in the summer wave as honestly with all the fairground sets and maybe possibly great ninjago sets 

it will make thing easier for me

What are the other three again?

According to page 1 of this discussion, sets 76943 to 76952, but I’m not sure, I hope it’s true... I guess it’s to early even to speculate, if that’s of any use at all...

Just now, thekeeperofthereaper said:

actually im glad were only getting smaller sets in the summer wave as honestly with all the fairground sets and maybe possibly great ninjago sets 

it will make thing easier for me

Keep in mind that smaller doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, especially with these sets. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:26 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Keep in mind that smaller doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, especially with these sets. 

Pieces-wise and size-wise, the JW sets aren't the greatest for their prices. The price per piece ratio is often heavily exceeded (75942 especially), and they just aren't that fair. Hopefully for these sets, there will be more fair prices. I estimate (in order) £14.60, £14.60, £21.91, and £36.52. Depending on the dinosaurs included, they might be more or less. What do you think?

Edited by pancakecrocodile
Forgot you were from Netherlands

4 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Pieces-wise and size-wise, the JW sets aren't the greatest for their prices. The price per piece ratio is often heavily exceeded (75942 especially), and they just aren't that fair. Hopefully for these sets, there will be more fair prices. I estimate (in order) £14.60, £14.60, £21.91, and £36.52. Depending on the dinosaurs included, they might be more or less. What do you think?

I'm Dutch actually :tongue: Those prices are a good guess but not correct. 

Sorry! What do you think the prices are then?

Well there's no point in me guessing as I know what they are, just can't share them (yet). 

First of all, are they good? And secondly, when will we know the prices, or when will you be able to release them?

1. Depends on your definition of good and on what will actually be included in the sets.

2. I don't know.