Captain Nemo

Super Mario 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Portal Out said:

The only concrete information we have right now is that the 1x2 masonry bricks in white are now in circulation, which MIGHT hint that the set is MAYBE in production? Even that could be reaching though, someone feel free to jump in if I got anything wrong.

Yeah you are right about 1x2 masonry brick in white. However, we have no idea which set this brick would be in yet. As @BrickBob Studpants stated, it may go to the Queer Eye Apartment set. 

Let’s hope we will find out more about Peach’s Castle in a near future.

By the way, happy early birthday!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 7/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

It's $170, so probably around £150? :classic:

Yay that’s a perfect price, thank you! 

If we get a Peach’s Castle for $170, it kinda has to be micro scale yea? I can’t imagine a D2C castle can be properly done at that price range in minifig scale. I wouldn’t mind honestly, any kind of AFOL Mario display piece I’m totally down for.

50 minutes ago, Modal said:

If we get a Peach’s Castle for $170, it kinda has to be micro scale yea?

That’s what the rumour says :classic: No minifigs, but that’s no biggie as long as the characters (Peach in particular) are somehow represented :sweet:

Isn't Peach's castle supposed to release in August? I'm surprised we haven't seen a leak yet.

I am guessing it will be similar in size to Elsa's Ice Castle but at microscale. The only thing that would make it intriguing to me is if it has a ton of easter eggs from the Super Mario 64 rooms/paintings. I don't remember it being featured much in any of the other games. 

Edited by Eaglefan344

32 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Isn't Peach's castle supposed to release in August? I'm surprised we haven't seen a leak yet.

We don‘t really know :shrug_oh_well: My guess would be September, but a mid-August release cannot be ruled out either (some people think it‘s the latter based on the start of the Fuzzy polyag GWP promotion).

35 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The only thing that would make it intriguing to me is if it has a ton of easter eggs from the Super Mario 64 rooms/paintings. I don't remember it being featured much in any of the other games. 

That would be fantastic :wub: You‘re right, the castle isn‘t featured in that many of the main line games and whenever it is, it’s usually just in the background (NSMBU, Mario Maker 2, Galaxy etc). Exceptions include Mario 64 (duh) and a lot of the RPGs, the latter of which haven‘t been referenced in any sets so far.

Elements from Mario 64 however are already present in the theme (Mario‘s scream, the Rainbow Ride music, some of the enemies), so it‘s incredibly likely the set is based on the 64 version :excited: 

Fingers crossed for some news soon!

It’s already August! I just can’t wait to find out about Peach’s Castle eventually. 

I went out today to buy me series 3 and they were sold out :-s

Saw the other sets as well except for the battleship

On 7/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

We don‘t really know :shrug_oh_well: My guess would be September, but a mid-August release cannot be ruled out either (some people think it‘s the latter based on the start of the Fuzzy polyag GWP promotion).

That would be fantastic :wub: You‘re right, the castle isn‘t featured in that many of the main line games and whenever it is, it’s usually just in the background (NSMBU, Mario Maker 2, Galaxy etc). Exceptions include Mario 64 (duh) and a lot of the RPGs, the latter of which haven‘t been referenced in any sets so far.

Elements from Mario 64 however are already present in the theme (Mario‘s scream, the Rainbow Ride music, some of the enemies), so it‘s incredibly likely the set is based on the 64 version :excited: 

Fingers crossed for some news soon!

While Peach's Castle doesn't necessarily appear as prominently in other games, it does appear in others, often with an interior loosely inspired by Mario 64. My favorite version of Peach's Castle is probably the original Paper Mario, which adapted a lot of the aesthetics of the Mario 64 version (including the sky-patterned wallpaper that becomes darker at the upper floors) but made it more "liveable" (so that it had features like bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a library, instead of just being a castle-sized portrait gallery). The version in Mario Odyssey is also gorgeous, despite the explorable interior being much smaller (mostly just the main foyer).

I'm a little unsure what to expect for this set. I'd been hoping for a Peach's Castle that was compatible with the Lego Mario gameplay, and could be used for the beginning or end of a level. Something bigger than Mario's House but smaller than Bowser's Castle, with a sort of reduced interior (maybe adapting a few of the iconic Mario 64 rooms like the aquarium and Bob-omb Battlefield painting in the left and right turrets). But so far all of the rumors have described this as microscale, which is maybe more likely for an expert-level set but excites me slightly less since the idea of using it in the gameplay was a big part of what I was hoping for. I hope that maybe at least it will include a Princess Peach figure who is compatible with the Lego Super Mario gameplay—I came up with a sketch model of what a brick-built one could maybe look like that I posted to Twitter a while back:

11 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

But so far all of the rumors have described this as microscale, which is maybe more likely for an expert-level set but excites me slightly less since the idea of using it in the gameplay was a big part of what I was hoping for.

Maybe it’s similar to the NES in that regard? Completely different scale, but still compatible in a way :classic: I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a tile for Mario/Luigi to scan that plays the 64 castle theme or some other type of interaction :sweet:

That brick-built Peach looks excellent btw, but I’d rather she appear in a cheaper set… Or maybe as the third playable character next year? Not sure how that would work, the results could be downright terrifying. We need a talented customiser to create a mock-up for us :head_back:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Y'all really teasing me bumping this thread :head_back: this is probably the most exciting set for me for the rest of the year. I really hope it's focused on Mario 64. I'm just worried for $170 it won't be that crazy

Edited by Modal

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, but I'm starting to get the feeling that given how the Mario sets have only been released in very specific, far-apart waves, and how long it has taken to get any info, does anyone think Peach's Castle may actually be fake? The fact that white masonry bricks are still available is the best evidence, but given the insane amount of leaks for everything, is this possibly false info to set us off? Has that ever happened in previous years? A rumored or "leaked" set that ended up never getting confirmed?

7 hours ago, jedisquidward said:

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, but I'm starting to get the feeling that given how the Mario sets have only been released in very specific, far-apart waves, and how long it has taken to get any info, does anyone think Peach's Castle may actually be fake? The fact that white masonry bricks are still available is the best evidence, but given the insane amount of leaks for everything, is this possibly false info to set us off? Has that ever happened in previous years? A rumored or "leaked" set that ended up never getting confirmed?

I mean, it's possible the rumors are false. There's been no concrete "leaks" (as far as images of the set or distinct figures or prints, or published set information is concerned) as far as I'm aware. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that the rumors are true, either. The fact that Lego Mario set waves are generally far apart doesn't really have any bearing on a D2C set, since those more often than not release on a schedule independent of the main retail releases for themes.

9 hours ago, jedisquidward said:

I remember this happening with the UCS Batmobile a few years back where people started panicking that it wasn't leaked/revealed months ahead of time (eventually it was, obviously). Leaks are weird and inconsistent, so in my opinion it's best to wait until after the set is supposed to be released with no news to start getting worried about a cancellation.

22 hours ago, Modal said:

Y'all really teasing me bumping this thread :head_back: this is probably the most exciting set for me for the rest of the year.

I feel the same way! This is my most-anticipated set, and I just want it leaked ASAP. That's all I ask!

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I remember this happening with the UCS Batmobile a few years back where people started panicking that it wasn't leaked/revealed months ahead of time (eventually it was, obviously). Leaks are weird and inconsistent, so in my opinion it's best to wait until after the set is supposed to be released with no news to start getting worried about a cancellation.

Excellent advice!! I think when it comes to Nintendo (who is notoriously sensitive about leaks and is rumored to have ended projects over the wrong type of leak) it's probably wise to not assume anything until official announcements are made.

I think the good news is that we know a $170 set exists in the Mario theme, we have its set number, and that leaked with all the other set numbers that have now been released as actual sets. So, I think it's safe to say a $170 will release. But what it is remains the mystery...

Did I get anything wrong in that info?

First September D2C got an official reveal today, could Peach's castle could possibly be next?  D2Cs releasing in the same month usually all get revealed around the same time, so we could be pretty close if the castle is in fact a September release.

In the Dutch toy stores Intertoys there are deals where you can get a mario suit for free or a cmf mario polybag. Saves you some money

On 8/5/2021 at 12:36 PM, Portal Out said:

First September D2C got an official reveal today, could Peach's castle could possibly be next?  D2Cs releasing in the same month usually all get revealed around the same time, so we could be pretty close if the castle is in fact a September release.

Honestly, I hope we will see some official reveal soon. Because I think I start to lose my sanity and my curiosity just starts to get intense. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Honestly, I hope we will see some official reveal soon. Because I think I start to lose my sanity and my curiosity just starts to get intense. 

Yeah, since I was dead certain it was an August release initially, that “any day now” feeling has just been prolonged.

There’s barely news to discuss, but I constantly find myself coming back here just to make pointless speculation lol

According to LEGO World Club & jedijacpenguin, we can look forward to 7 new sets in early 2022, the set numbers being 71396 through 71402. No names or piece counts, but I think we can expect the line-up to be similar to this year’s with at least one costume and a character series :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to LEGO World Club & jedijacpenguin, we can look forward to 7 new sets in early 2022, the set numbers being 71396 through 71402. No names or piece counts, but I think we can expect the line-up to be similar to this year’s with at least one costume and a character series :classic:

Ooo, thanks for sharing some news with us, pal!

Just saw a post on Instagram that if you spot a Lakitu in a display case at LEGO Stores and tell employees, they'll let you hit Mario's question block and win prizes. The person who posted it got a gold coin with LEGO Mario on it. There were pictures of the coin and the packaging it came in saying, "Team up and play challenge"

Wanted to see if anyone knew more about that?

I did a Scavenger Hunt finding the coins inside the store(6 total) and got one a gold coin, I’m taking my kids tomorrow, heard different stores are doing different things.  I was just at the NYC lego flagship store and they had nothing, but just flew back to my local texas store and they had them. Weird

FlEZFLL.jpg

Edited by eldiano

Got a bunch of the new sets at the Lego store yesterday (though I somehow forgot to pick up the one with Luigi). Built the airship when I got home and WOW—it's really an amazing design. I love how solid it looks and feels in the "closed" state and how much it expands into a fully playable space that feels almost twice as long in the "open" state. And in terms of details, the exterior really feels on-par with the best of Lego pirate ship designs even with so much of the "interior" focused on playable elements.

Unfortunately I've run into some technical difficulties updating Mario, which keeps me from trying out all the gameplay features (at least the parts of them that involve more than just the physical interactions). When I tried to update him Mario froze in a "..." state after rebooting him, and even when I did a factory reset and tried updating him again it ended up having the same issue. Does anybody have any advice? I might try calling Lego customer service to see if I can get some more direct help than what's on the troubleshooting page, but if that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to wait for a fix to be rolled out.