Captain Nemo

Super Mario 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Appreciate the heads up, have just got the luigi one, but, couldn't find the Mario one on the Nintendo rewards page... (unless you need the 400 platinum points to be able to see it...?) 

It‘s hidden pretty well :wink: Try this link: https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/3d50e233c63dbe3c

If You have a nintendo account you can also get 250 lego vip points from the Nintendo Rewards page FYI, that’s halfway points from 400!!!

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s hidden pretty well :wink: Try this link: https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/3d50e233c63dbe3c

Apparantly, its not redeemable in my registered country / region (UK)... That sucks... 

*edit

Available countries:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia

Edited by Fuppylodders

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Got the Mario keychain in the mail this morning :thumbup: It's a bit larger than expected, basically the same size as the real LEGO Mario:

51408008443_51a2014551.jpg 

Is it heavier than the nomral lego one?

The Tumbler, a November 1st D2C release, just got officially revealed.  If we're getting Peach's Castle this year, we're probably a few weeks away or less from a reveal.

Also, has anybody else been noticing that Lego has been doing a much better job at keeping the series 3 blind bags stocked? I totally missed out on most of series 2 because they disappeared from all my local stores real quick, while I'm seeing series 3 basically everywhere.

It’s always the sets I’m excited for that never get leaked/revealed until late :cry2:

On 8/29/2021 at 12:17 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is it heavier than the nomral lego one?

No. It’s made of metal, but not particularly heavy :classic:

52 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

The Tumbler, a November 1st D2C release, just got officially revealed.  If we're getting Peach's Castle this year, we're probably a few weeks away or less from a reveal.

Peach’s Castle is rumoured to be released in October, so it can’t take that much longer :laugh: Then again, the Camp Nou set will supposedly be available starting tomorrow and it still hasn’t been officially revealed yet

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. It’s made of metal, but not particularly heavy :classic:

Peach’s Castle is rumoured to be released in October, so it can’t take that much longer :laugh: Then again, the Camp Nou set will supposedly be available starting tomorrow and it still hasn’t been officially revealed yet

Neat!!

I hope Peach’s Castle will be revealed soon enough between now and September 30 (just my guess)!

Falcon just made a post about a mini Disney Castle allegedly coming? The few things we know about Peach's Castle (that it's a licensed castle in microscale allegedly coming out soon) seems to pretty much apply to this too.

This is just me being paranoid, but I'm hoping we haven't been misinformed. We know the Nintendo D2C has a different set number, right?

I'm actually kinda hoping there was a misunderstanding and we're not getting a microscale peach castle after all... And we get something else-just not microscale. 

Sure, MS Peach Castle would be nice, but... Damn, hurry up with minifig stuff already! :sad:

On 8/28/2021 at 1:41 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Got the Mario keychain in the mail this morning :thumbup: It's a bit larger than expected, basically the same size as the real LEGO Mario:

I'm going to be open and entirely honest here. 

My envy level just shot through the roof. That's such a nice picture of some reeeeeaaaalllly nice items there. You should totally get them put inside a small display case as a group. Congrats! :sweet:

Edited by Fuppylodders

5 hours ago, jedisquidward said:
Falcon just made a post about a mini Disney Castle allegedly coming? The few things we know about Peach's Castle (that it's a licensed castle in microscale allegedly coming out soon) seems to pretty much apply to this too.

This is just me being paranoid, but I'm hoping we haven't been misinformed. We know the Nintendo D2C has a different set number, right?

The Disney Castle set set has been rumoured since April, so a lot earlier than we first heard about Peach's Castle :wink: And correct, they have separate set numbers so a misunderstanding can be safely ruled out. Both sets are definitely coming.

52 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

My envy level just shot through the roof. That's such a nice picture of some reeeeeaaaalllly nice items there. You should totally get them put inside a small display case as a group. Congrats! :sweet:

Thanks :blush: I'm currently displaying the coins and keychains in the same display cabinet as some of the other Mario sets, still thinking about a better solution :laugh:

All of these items shouldn't be too hard to get, depending on where you live of course. I've had to bricklink the coins since there still aren't any LEGO stores in Switzerland (one day... *sigh*), but if you happen to live near one they might carry them. I think they're handed out to participants of some in-store event. The keychains are pretty easy to get if you happen to have accounts on both s@h and MyNintendo since at least half of the necessary points are granted by "cross-wiring" the accounts :classic: The only issue is that MyNintendo doesn't deliver to that many countries, so the Luigi keychain on s@h is a lot easier to get

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Do we have any idea how many pieces Peach’s Castle is going to be? I saw that the Mini Disney Castle for $35 has 567 pieces, so I would think it’s fair to assume this will have anywhere from 2200-2800 pieces. 

Also, given it’s scale, I imagine the main room will be in Mario 64 style with the doors being 1x2 Brown Tiles. If that was the case then the warp paintings could maybe be on 2x2 tiles? I’m just really hoping it’s Mario 64 theme :laugh:

On 9/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, jedisquidward said:

I thought the same thing when I saw this :grin: At this point, I’m not even totally convinced that Peach’s castle exists anymore. Two rumored release dates have come and gone, none of the credible leakers can seem to nail down whether it’s micro scale or not, we only have an approximate piece count, and now there’s confirmation that there will be a different white listened micro scale castle on the market during the same timeframe.

At the very least, a Mickey minifigure being included probably raises the likelihood of us getting mini figs with Peach’s Castle if it does end up being real. Hopefully? Please?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to display some Mario sets? I have the Mario starter, Yoshi house, and Whomp sets, with a few collectible figures.

I have seen some displays where people use the plates to build hills etc. Does anyone have inspiration?

Regarding the Mario keychain and those in the uk, initially the uk wasn't on the list of available countries to claim it for 400 platinum points. That appears to have changed now, as I've just managed to order mine (400 points plus £1.99 shipping-worth it in my opinion). 

Also, thanks @BrickBob Studpants I didn't know the coins were for sale on bricklink! Are the coins silver and gold plated or just coloured like that? Are they actual metal? 

*edit* just found a pair on ebay for £35 Inc postage, seems by far the cheapest so hoping they're legit! Seller has good feedback too (doesn't appear random fake feedback). 

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Also, thanks @BrickBob Studpants I didn't know the coins were for sale on bricklink! Are the coins silver and gold plated or just coloured like that? Are they actual metal? 

They‘re not officially listed on bricklink, but some sellers offer them as „custom“ items (which is usually done whenever sellers list items that aren‘t registered in the system) :wink: The coins are actual metal judging by their weight, with a chrome coating. At least from what I can tell :classic:

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

*edit* just found a pair on ebay for £35 Inc postage, seems by far the cheapest so hoping they're legit! Seller has good feedback too (doesn't appear random fake feedback). 

That‘s a pretty good price! Fingers crossed they‘re legit :thumbup:

1 minute ago, astroboy75 said:

It is really weird that we still have no evidence for Peach castle. I am really doubting about its existence ... 

The Camp Nou set was officially revealed on the very same day it was released, which could be a new strategy :shrug_oh_well: If it weren‘t for that leak on ebay, we could have had the exact same doubts there.

Don’t forget, the set number has been reported months ago and the set was confirmed to be Peach‘s Castle by multiple sources. We just need to be patient :laugh:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We just need to be patient :laugh:

Probably patience is not a best talent to some of us. Some of us get paranoid, doubtful or become insane. 

But yeah you make a good point about Camp Nou set. Peach’s Castle’s revel is not that far tho!

12 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

There’s a creeping suspicion in the back of my mind that we’re actually getting the ? Block and not Peach’s castle :sceptic: 

Seems like it is indeed the case lmao.

Also, omg, Mario minifig?

Edited by PGBQW