Captain Nemo

Super Mario 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Lyichir said:
  • Snow levels! I don't know if they'd work as a detectable "biome" like the Soda Jungle, since the dominant color (white) is used for other things already, but it'd make for neat scenery either way. One idea I had is a Snow Pokey set where you can knock it down by rolling a big snowball down a hill, instead of using a hammer like in the Desert Pokey set.

Don't think I ever posted my snow level here, you may enjoy:

X5kwwpgl.jpg

https://imgur.com/L6Hxai1

https://imgur.com/If8oK1q

https://imgur.com/86BmWaw

11 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Love that bucket as the snowman's hat! Very cute @Vorkosigan!

Thank you! I kind of merged two characters, both of whom sometimes have a bucket for a hat. Snow Pokey, and Mr. Blizzard

FpQxZM8l.jpg

Edited by Vorkosigan

32 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Bohner_bricks on IG is hinting we will get a Mario Minifigure

Interesting.  Would we be assuming that's for the D2C?  The picture in the IG story is confusing, because it shows Mario as being smaller than the minifigure, so could that be implying it's a microfigure?  I would hope not, as I've been waiting for LEGO to do a proper minifigure of Mario for some time now.

There is a video in the usual IG place of Mario in the penguin outfit saying Luigi three times, two as if he is searching (the second with eye darts) and one as if he has found him.

A lot of discourse about this apparent Luigi leak from the Mario figure.

Hasn't someone cracked open the app in the past to look through the files? I swear that I've seen the models floating around. Surely someone should just be able to check the voicelines folder to confirm or dispute this rumor

50 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Interesting.  Would we be assuming that's for the D2C?  The picture in the IG story is confusing, because it shows Mario as being smaller than the minifigure, so could that be implying it's a microfigure?  I would hope not, as I've been waiting for LEGO to do a proper minifigure of Mario for some time now.

If it's mictoscale, Hogwarts probably isn't a bad reference point. Probably means we get a display worth peach's castle with micro figs and probably 2-4 Minifigures. I could see Mario and Peach easily enough. Lots of options if they want to add another or two. Would be a compromise, but I think as long as we get the Minifigures it can work.

5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

There is a video in the usual IG place of Mario in the penguin outfit saying Luigi three times, two as if he is searching (the second with eye darts) and one as if he has found him.

His only camera is at the bottom of the toy, right? My point being that Mario couldnt recognise the Luigi toy if it were in front of him.

Also Microescale Peach Castle? Meh.

Edited by PGBQW

11 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

If it's mictoscale, Hogwarts probably isn't a bad reference point. Probably means we get a display worth peach's castle with micro figs and probably 2-4 Minifigures. I could see Mario and Peach easily enough. Lots of options if they want to add another or two. Would be a compromise, but I think as long as we get the Minifigures it can work.

Long-time lurker chiming in here for the first time. This bigger Mario set is my most-anticipated LEGO thing right now. And I hadn't considered microscale, but I love the idea now. I could see them making a Mushroom Kingdom diorama: Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle or Airship, Toad houses, with hills, mountains, blocks, pipes all around it. It could be pretty cool if they do that, and then throw in a few minifigures (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad seem the best bets) to go on a display stand.

Feels like if LEGO made minifigure-scale sets, it would just be repeating their builds from the current sets. So, microscale seems like a great compromise for people who don't love the current sets. Although my kids can't get enough of them.

27 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

Long-time lurker chiming in here for the first time. This bigger Mario set is my most-anticipated LEGO thing right now. And I hadn't considered microscale, but I love the idea now. I could see them making a Mushroom Kingdom diorama: Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle or Airship, Toad houses, with hills, mountains, blocks, pipes all around it. It could be pretty cool if they do that, and then throw in a few minifigures (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad seem the best bets) to go on a display stand.

Feels like if LEGO made minifigure-scale sets, it would just be repeating their builds from the current sets. So, microscale seems like a great compromise for people who don't love the current sets. Although my kids can't get enough of them.

I'd fall into the camp of not loving the current sets. Awesome idea, and if I were a kid or had kids it'd be a no-brainer. Just not what I'm looking for as an AFOL. I think you're probably right that minifigure scale would be too similar to what's out right now. Your diarama concept is pretty dope, it'd be down if that's what it is.

As someone who has been making a microscale Mario MOC for a long time now, I'm not sure how to feel about the prospect of a Microscale Peach's Castle. I do think it could be done in Minifigure scale, but I really want it to be able to stand up to Hogwarts or Disney Castle. If it WAS microscale, it should have the surrounding landscapes from Mario 64, and ideally even some extra blocks and level stuff around it, too.

I wasn't really angry at the reveal of the style of sets last year, so I do have a handful of them, but it's getting pretty thin and I have no interest at all from just about anything in the third wave.

1 hour ago, jedisquidward said:

As someone who has been making a microscale Mario MOC for a long time now, I'm not sure how to feel about the prospect of a Microscale Peach's Castle. I do think it could be done in Minifigure scale, but I really want it to be able to stand up to Hogwarts or Disney Castle. If it WAS microscale, it should have the surrounding landscapes from Mario 64, and ideally even some extra blocks and level stuff around it, too.

First off, I'd love to see pics of a microscale Mario MOC for sure!

Totally agree that a minifigure Peach castle would need to stand up to the other LEGO minifigure-scale castles. I'm wondering if that could be accomplished at the price point this set is supposedly going to be...like, $180, right?

On 4/15/2021 at 7:57 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Stonewars have unearthed further evidence for a Luigi starter pack: 

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/luigi-starterset-august-2021/

:excited:

On top of this, the sound bug was replicated by other people as well, meaning it’s 100% legit! I was wondering though, what could the sound actually be used for? I then remembered that LEGO Mario has Bluetooth connectivity, so what if Mario and Luigi can actually interact with each other by connecting to the same device or to each other? The sound we heard would be when they successfully connect (as Mario is looking for Luigi, and then finds him). This could allow for so many interesting ideas, like some kind of co-op where the two play a level at once, or a competition to finish the level first. I’m excited!

Edited by NetherCreeper

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

On top of this, the sound bug was replicated by other people as well, meaning it’s 100% legit! I was wondering though, what could the sound actually be used for? I then remembered that LEGO Mario has Bluetooth connectivity, so what if Mario and Luigi can actually interact with each other by connecting to the same device or to each other? The sound we heard would be when they successfully connect (as Mario is looking for Luigi, and then finds him). This could allow for so many interesting ideas, like some kind of co-op where the two play a level at once, or a competition to finish the level first. I’m excited!

I went to play it for my son, but being lacking in patience and social skills, he talked right over the top of Mario and we missed what he said. So my input here is that there was indeed an update, and Mario did say something. I just don’t know what it was.

2 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

LEGO Mario has Bluetooth connectivity, so what if Mario and Luigi can actually interact with each other by connecting to the same device or to each other?

My thoughts exactly! I was surprised no one else had mentioned this so far. Luigi is welcome, and the possibility of two-player, connected play will make my kids happy. But my daughter is getting impatient that there's no Princess Peach yet. And, to be honest, I'm surprised she hasn't arrived yet, too.

20 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

My thoughts exactly! I was surprised no one else had mentioned this so far. Luigi is welcome, and the possibility of two-player, connected play will make my kids happy. But my daughter is getting impatient that there's no Princess Peach yet. And, to be honest, I'm surprised she hasn't arrived yet, too.

Hmm, yeah I think we should get her soon, maybe in whatever the $100 dollar set is? Or maybe as a third playable character later on down the road.

Oh. That's how Luigi looks?

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting. I'm just a bit dissapointed, I was really excited to get him as a dig fig.

So based off of the hints and leaks the D2C set is most likely a large build with micro scale Mario figures similar to Hogwarts, so I'm thinking Peach's Castle but it could be anything. The real question is whether or not there will be minifigures outside of the build similar to the heads of the houses in hogwarts or a couple figures in the old helicarrier. I hope so and if there is 4 I would go with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad of course. Thoughts?