Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

What I want is nightmare before Christmas sets like one with lock shock and barrel in the bathtub in the building similarly to how they built bro thors house 

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

1 hour ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

What I want is nightmare before Christmas sets like one with lock shock and barrel in the bathtub in the building similarly to how they built bro thors house 

Mmmmhmmmm, I like that idea! Halloweentown set would be a perfect one for that clawed bathtub with 3 brats! Or at least it would be featured in Oogie’s Torture Room set. 

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Brick Clicker first reported on that rumour in April, so there has to be something to it. He‘s proven himself as very reliable this past year :thumbup:

I'd be very suprised if it didn't happen as it's been reported from three different places at different times so adds a lot of crediblity to it :classic:

What set could this rumored GWP be for? 

Are we expecting a Disney D2C or something? 

Because a random micro disney castle GWP sounds.............. odd

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What set could this rumored GWP be for? 

Are we expecting a Disney D2C or something? 

Because a random micro disney castle GWP sounds.............. odd

Same here. 

I mean with D2C's being what they are, it's much more possible we won't have anything concrete until close to release, but it seems unlikely we wouldn't heard any rumor at all. Though I do hope a new Disney D2C is coming, especially with the train retiring soon.

Technically the Home Alone house is a Disney set now. Disney owns Fox and the Home Alone movies are all on Disney+.

The other thing is that Disney World's 50th anniversary celebration starts October 1st. And if it's a microscale of that castle, which is what the rumors seem to be, then maybe it'll be branded with the 50th logo? And maybe they'll have some promotion to get the set with X dollar amount of Disney-brand sets purchased?

2 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

Technically the Home Alone house is a Disney set now. Disney owns Fox and the Home Alone movies are all on Disney+.

Unpppular opinion: I don’t want to see this Disney brand on Home Alone’s Lego box.

2 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

The other thing is that Disney World's 50th anniversary celebration starts October 1st. And if it's a microscale of that castle, which is what the rumors seem to be, then maybe it'll be branded with the 50th logo? And maybe they'll have some promotion to get the set with X dollar amount of Disney-brand sets purchased?

Oh, I haven’t thought of that. You make a good point about 50th anniveary of Disney World. But I don’t think I could see 50th anniveary logo on GWP set? I mean we already have D2C version of Cinderella’s Castle in 2016. I don’t think we know when mircoscale verison would be available yet. 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There's no way a Disney D2C set manifests out of of nowhere :tongue: Besides, we already have one this year, Elsa's palace 

Yeah, I agreed. If I remembe correctly, there would be Titatnic set and there would be a mysterious GWP go with it. Just like Colosseum with that Roman gladiator’s chariot GWP. So I think mircoscale Disney Castle GWP is more general jsut like Sailboat Adventure? 

There is a post on IG saying there is a Monsters Inc Scare Chamber coming soon. Micro castle could be linked to that?

2 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

There is a post on IG saying there is a Monsters Inc Scare Chamber coming soon. Micro castle could be linked to that?

Lemme guess, new IG account with two followers and one single post? :tongue: Obvious nonsense

No, username "insvention". 458 posts, and around 2700 followers. Looking closer, it could be a MOC they are working on, but it looked like a leak. Sorry for not being more onto it, I don't do much on IG

3 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

No, username "insvention". 458 posts, and around 2700 followers. Looking closer, it could be a MOC they are working on, but it looked like a leak. Sorry for not being more onto it, I don't do much on IG

Looks like an Ideas project to me :shrug_oh_well: I wish people finally stopped abusing the legoleaks hashtag, it‘s mostly MOCs, fake leaks, the occasional Ideas project, those extremely unfunny anti-leaks (ThE At-aT WiLl NoT InClUdE GeNeRaL GrIeVoUs, LaUgH At Me, PeAsAnTs, I‘m ThE KiNg Of CoMeDy), random minifig/collection pictures, or worst of all, Fortshite videos :wall:

*rant over*

On 8/28/2021 at 7:26 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Pocahontas appeared on LEGO’s Instagram! Hopefully that means she’ll be in a set in the next wave! :wub:

Her skirt piece is backwards 😕

Small thing to pick up on, but on a real figure it would be the same as Moana’s - makes me think it’s just a render and not based on a physical figure like the others are.

Not sure if Woody (Toy Story)’s long legs would work on Goofy or medium legs would work on Doanld, Mickey, Minnie and Daisy. Goofy is most tall among Disney Toon gang. 

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Whoa "strong, kind and courageous"

Yeah. Just like Cinderella’s mom told her to be kind and have courage in Cinderella (2015) movie. 

The upcoming Disney Castle won’t be a GWP after all, but instead a ~$35 set, available at the beginning of October:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-40478-kleines-disney-schloss-mini-version-des-grossen-schlosses/

A leaked product description states that the set will feature a “classical” Mickey Mouse minifig :thumbup: That’s quite surprising to me, didn’t expect a minifig to be included here! Probably a new version of his counterpart in the 2016 set

Now it makes sense

For a classic Mikey Mouse, I expect Apprentice Mickey, but that would need a new mold

It’s probably supposed to tie-in with the Disney World 50th Anniversary this year and also give adults a Mickey-related set that isn’t part of the new 4+ line. I’m excited to see this, however it turns out!