Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Pumba in hula skirt, with Timon microfig
Rafiki with staff
Disco Goofy from An Extremely Goofy Movie
X-Games Max from same
Bernard from Rescuers and Rescuers Down Under
Miss Bianca from same
I can keep going.

I think we’ve got enough potential for a series 3. I just thought of another…

We’ve also had how many potential Gravity Falls/Mystery Shack sets on LEGO Ideas? While I could understand Disney and LEGO being hesitant to make that a set, I could see Dipper and Mable making it into a series 3, too.

Edited by nicknack116

There are in fact some I did not think of. Sure. Zoomania for example would certainly be popular. Cruella on the other hand... I think it has a reason she doesn´t appear in many of the 101 Dalmations toys.^^´

I´d personally love to get a completely out of scale minifig version of Archimedes with no other use than that I can put him as my favourite Disney character on my desk (as long as he gets a nice headpiece with belly like Big bird) but I am aware he isn´t that well known and has little value for Mocs, so he would probably be a bad choice to include.

I think back when they started planning series 1 it would have been easy to fill 4 serieses.

I see the problem in getting such a mix done again, because the first two serieses were extremely cherry picking in three ways.

It was in both cases a well sorted mix of different Disney eras (classic Mickey Mouse Comics, Pixar animation, really old classics, 90s Disney Renaissance... something for everyone). So the quesion is not only, if there are any Disney movies popular enough movies left they could make figures of (which there certainly are), but if there are enough for the different periods, if the concept of the series is supposed to stay the same. Otherwise the target group would shrink.

On the one hand they also took very, very strong/popular IPs. I think it isn´t just my personal taste, if I assume that for example Baymax can´t be compared to Frozen at all. I doubt that it´s chances get better years after Kingdom hearts 3 was released, which gave some lesser known IPs (like hercules) some new spotlight in 2019, when cmf 2 came out.

On the other they also took just core characters. Like DBlegonerd7 wrote some quite popular characters are now kicked out because they would not work alone like Lilo.

Then there are characters that work bad as minifigures (like Ralph, but if Mr. Incredible was ok, than Lego won´t mind with Ralph, too.) and characters that simply can´t work. Imagine the donkey from Winnie Pooh as a minifigure not an animal mould. To be honest the picture I have, if I think of Pumba as a minifigure, is terrible at best... and with just one character per bag there can´t be a Timo accesory. I hope that, if the new Mickey Mouse sets sell well, we will see more Disney Minifigure sets delivering characters like Pluto.

Edited by Gorilla94

I really don’t think that the lack of potential characters would be a reason not to have a Disney CMF 3 (and beyond). Literally hundreds of potential options available to them. 

After releasing “The Disney Castle” and “The Ice Palace” it would be great to have “Beast’s Castle.” We had several versions of “The Ice Palace” before getting the big set. One can dream!

Also, a “Pride Rock” Lion King set would be awesome! Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa, Scar, Hyenas, etc.

50 minutes ago, BrickCity said:

After releasing “The Disney Castle” and “The Ice Palace” it would be great to have “Beast’s Castle.” We had several versions of “The Ice Palace” before getting the big set. One can dream!

Also, a “Pride Rock” Lion King set would be awesome! Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa, Scar, Hyenas, etc.

yesss please

2 hours ago, BrickCity said:

I am in for Beast’s Castle and Pride Rock sets!! I hope Beast’s Castle would not be minidoll-based in future. 

I would really prefer a Snow White set, that included 11 or 12 CMF (Snow, 7 dwarves, queen, witch, prince and horse, and maybe huntsman), along with the cottage, the mirror on the wall and maybe the mine.

I'd love a Snow White's cottage with all the dwarves in theory, but the big noses are so much a part of their looks that I fear the Minifigures would end up looking like the Flinstones men, so obviously missing something.

I don't see any way in heck a Pride Rock set would happen. Way too many new moulds needed for the characters, unless they base it on the "photoreal" version of Lion King so they can use the lions they've already made. The other possibility would be to make it a smaller display piece with just a couple of out-of-scale figures on the side.

I just got the new Pluto mould :) 

He has a hole on top of his head. I am pretty surprised. Any ideas what headgear he could get in future sets? 

On 7/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, Gorilla94 said:

I just got the new Pluto mould :) 

He has a hole on top of his head. I am pretty surprised. Any ideas what headgear he could get in future sets? 

Love that we have a Lego Pluto! I just wish we had him as a minifigure. My preference is to have him appear as he would as a character at Disney World or Disneyland.

I've been building the Ice Castle 43197 and was delighted to build the Mickey logo in the foundations. Fun little details that you wouldn't expect.

6 hours ago, BrickCity said:

Love that we have a Lego Pluto! I just wish we had him as a minifigure. My preference is to have him appear as he would as a character at Disney World or Disneyland.

That might be a neat idea for a CMF series 3 considering we already have full-scale minifigure versions of Chip and Dale based on how they appear at the parks.

I would also like to see sets based on the actual homes of the characters, particularly the Towntown iterations in Disneyland: Mickey's house, Minnie's house, Donald's sailboat house, Chip and Dale's treehouse, etc. would be far more interesting to me than a random fire station, farm, or spaceship.

11 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

particularly the Towntown iterations in Disneyland: Mickey's house, Minnie's house, Donald's sailboat house, Chip and Dale's treehouse, etc. would be far more interesting to me than a random fire station, farm, or spaceship

110% agreed! I would love to see them translate those homes into sets. Especially because it would lead to some fun building techniques. Disneyland's Toontown is famous for its crooked angles, curves, and round designs (rather than LEGO-friendly right angles).

I know it’s just a wishlist I make and I’m not supposed to post here so please forgive me for it. 

I would love to see Lego Group making a Main Street (D2C) set for Cinderella’s Castle set. However, this Main Street won’t be connected directly to the castle. It may not make sense if castle doesn’t have any holes for Technic connector pins. And in reality, there is a statue of Walt Disney in front of castle, I think? 

As a massive fan of beauty & the Beast, I would love to see Beaste’s Catle with some new (or reused) molds for Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip. And of course the Beast needs a new head mold and probably new legs(?).  Who knows. :) 

I’m kinda making a make shift Disney amusement park.  I substituted pirates of the Caribbean with barracuda bay, haunted mansion with the fairgrounds haunted house, sleeping beauty castle with hogwarts,  Tomorrowland with ninjago city modulars, and of course downtown usa with diagon alley!

https://twitter.com/wardemon/status/1397590047919124485?s=21

I’m surprised there’s still no rumours associated with 43200-43202. I doubt they’re going to be Encanto based as surly that house would cost a lot more than €50? Two of the sets being €20 makes me hopeful they’re trying to release more storybooks before Christmas, but the last one was more expensive and felt like it could be the final one.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Soupperson1 said:

I’m surprised there’s still no rumours associated with 43200-43202. I doubt they’re going to be Encanto based as surly that house would cost a lot more than €50? Two of the sets being €20 makes me hopeful they’re trying to release more storybooks before Christmas, but the last one was more expensive and felt like it could be the final one.

I think if they really wanted to they could squeeze the house in a 50 dollar set, they’ve made some of the castles for even less than that after all. 

Edited by Rambo260

On 8/18/2021 at 7:02 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

I had heard rumor of a micro scale Disney castle coming as a GWP? Is that still true, and do we know when that will be available? 

No, I haven’t hear anything about this. But the way you described, it sounds interesting! Where did you hear about that from?

On 8/23/2021 at 12:02 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

I thought I heard a rumor about this on Instagram, unless I’m completely wrong. If so, I apologize. I wasn’t trying to mislead anyone. 

Well, it looks like no one else steps in to say anything about this “rumor”.  So we don’t know for sure yet. 

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Brick Clicker first reported on that rumour in April, so there has to be something to it. He‘s proven himself as very reliable this past year :thumbup:

Thank you!!