Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m so excited for this movie! For what it’s worth, the usual leakers in the usual place have clarified that all three sets are not 4+ :classic:

We’re sure to get a healthy assortment of colourful, interesting minifigures and spaceship builds, can’t wait! 

As most I a hoping Zurg makes his way into a set next year. Not a fan of the original set he came in and would love an updated figure.

Not related to anything coming up for 2022. But recently decided to start getting Lego cars and felt like commenting on something that happened during this hunt. I found not too many listings for a sealed copy of Flo’s V8 Cafe, but as I edited the filter to include ships to US, I found only 3 listings! Naturally I placed an order immediately as I know how quickly things can develop on brick link. But it was definitely a learning lesson for me. Sealed copies if desirable sets will not always be available! Heck I was interested in a sealed copy several Hero Factory sets that simply are not on the market anymore. Thats right most Hero Factory Invasion From Below sets have no or extremely limited options for sealed sets. So I don’t know who needs to hear this but that set you missed in your dark age? Jump on it! Check the listings that ship to you, you may see a few options and think you’re good, but those seller’s may not support orders to you and if you wait long enough a pre-owned build may be what you settle for.

Not the end of the world but stark reminder that sealed versions of every set will not be around forever. I feel bad because I left the United States with just two options for sealed versions of Flo’s V8 Cafe! Unless you want to book a trip to Germany and have one of those sellers ship one to your hotel, that is. Anyways, watch out for listings of your missed valuables. They may not be up forever.

No discussion of the Encanto sets yet?

The house set looks very colourful and inviting to me. I love those new hairpieces, and the new watering can piece.

The book sets are cute, like they always are, but since the house includes the new parts, that's where I'd focus my attention.

7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The house set looks very colourful and inviting to me. I love those new hairpieces, and the new watering can piece.

The book sets are cute, like they always are, but since the house includes the new parts, that's where I'd focus my attention.

Very colourful sets, can see them being popular. Think the animals are a bit of a cop-out, but those new and recoloured hairpieces are great! Good to see Lego continuing the trend of more textured & diverse hair pieces. 

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

always sad to see how little there is going on when drifting away from the usual themes and topics.

I ain't interested in the sets but I am always curious about the creative colourful builds and the cool hairpieces.

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

Very colourful sets, can see them being popular. Think the animals are a bit of a cop-out, but those new and recoloured hairpieces are great! Good to see Lego continuing the trend of more textured & diverse hair pieces. 

Indeed! Since some time they really upped their game in this regard.

A few thoughts. The more I watch Disney content the more I realize I want Mickey with mid sized legs. He isn’t supposed to be as tall as Goofy wish he was a little smaller.

Second, it’s obvious the Disney Castle is based off the one from Disneyworld but that has me viewing the Tinker Bell and Minnie/Mickey figs as adults in costume as opposed to actual representations of the characters. Which makes me wonder, how do you guys view the Disney castle? In my head, its part of a House of Mouse esque Universe where all the Disney properties interact with each other. But I could see how someone would view it as a literal Disney park with the figures acting as people in costume. How do you view your Disney collection?

And that reminds me, I recently got the Castle and didn’t say anything about it. The build was a lot of fun and the design is so detailed and the colors are lovely. I adore everything about this set and its as spacious as I was hoping it would be. I am so happy I got this, but now I’m rushing to get the Train and Station before they retire. This Castle is definitely my new favorite set, and she’s displayed right next to my second favorite (Simpsons House).

On 11/11/2021 at 2:42 AM, cosmic said:

A few thoughts. The more I watch Disney content the more I realize I want Mickey with mid sized legs. He isn’t supposed to be as tall as Goofy wish he was a little smaller.

Yes. I felt that way since the day I saw Disney series 1 for the first time... the Mouses and adult Ducks really need medium sized legs (the best minifig piece Lego introduced in the last 10 years in my opinion). On top of it the Dual moulded boots look just terrible on the Ducks. They would be much superior with orange legs printed with a white round shape like the cmf-Chickensuit Guy (Same for Duffy Duck from the Looney Toons). Sadly there is no custom printing service able to print on top of a minifigure's feet. That makes it impossible to fix that by myself in a perfect way because of Uncle Scrooge's red footwear, but at least it will be much better. I am still doing research on what to use to remove printing from pieces. Then I can use Woody's long limbs with a custom printed yellow torso. I wish the arms were available in orange, but there are enough pictures of Goofy wearing white or yellow shirts, so it is still a good option. I partly hope we won't get a Pete figure... It would frustrate me that he is no Big Fig as he should be xD

13 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Yes. I felt that way since the day I saw Disney series 1 for the first time... the Mouses and adult Ducks really need medium sized legs (the best minifig piece Lego introduced in the last 10 years in my opinion). On top of it the Dual moulded boots look just terrible on the Ducks. They would be much superior with orange legs printed with a white round shape like the cmf-Chickensuit Guy (Same for Duffy Duck from the Looney Toons). Sadly there is no custom printing service able to print on top of a minifigure's feet. That makes it impossible to fix that by myself in a perfect way because of Uncle Scrooge's red footwear, but at least it will be much better. I am still doing research on what to use to remove printing from pieces. Then I can use Woody's long limbs with a custom printed yellow torso. I wish the arms were available in orange, but there are enough pictures of Goofy wearing white or yellow shirts, so it is still a good option. I partly hope we won't get a Pete figure... It would frustrate me that he is no Big Fig as he should be xD

Or replace Goofy’s regular legs with Woody’s long legs. But yeah medium legs will work on Mouses and Duck couples (along with McScoorge)!

I wonder if Lego could introduce new legs for speical minifigures like Ducks would come with legs with BIG feet. It would be expensive and tricky to make new legs for use in short time. 

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Or replace Goofy’s regular legs with Woody’s long legs. But yeah medium legs will work on Mouses and Duck couples (along with McScoorge)!

I wonder if Lego could introduce new legs for speical minifigures like Ducks would come with legs with BIG feet. It would be expensive and tricky to make new legs for use in short time. 

I think the problem isn't just that Donald, Mickey and Goofy are the same size. It is that each figure looks on it's own strange because wrong proportions. Normal legs are too long for the Mouses and Ducks. Goofy is nearly as thin and huge as Woody so the normal limbs look strange. It is pretty much the same as with Hercules' and Dschini's upper body... Those would really benefit from a new Chest piece like the one Nexo knights Character got.

Edited by Gorilla94

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I think the problem isn't just that Donald, Mickey and Goofy are the same size. It is that each figure looks on it's own strange because wrong proportions. Normal legs are too long for the Mouses and Ducks. Goofy is nearly as thin and huge as Woody so the normal limbs look strange. It is pretty much the same as with Hercules' and Dschini's upper body... Those would really benefit from a new Chest piece like the one Nexo knights Character got.

I think long legs may work for Goofy, imo. But medium legs for Mouses and adul Ducks will be great. Same goes with Pooh the Winnie’s legs. I wish Piglet would have a mircofigure, rather than minifigure tho.

I don’t know who is Dscchini? But you forgot about Mr. Incredible from Series 1. This guy awfully looks like Dasher more than Mr. Incredible himself. I guess a new toros mold will do fine. Thank 

Hulk got his own body mold, which it’s perfect. It was really weird seeing Hulk in a nomral minifigure form. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 11/16/2021 at 7:26 AM, Gorilla94 said:

Yes. I felt that way since the day I saw Disney series 1 for the first time... the Mouses and adult Ducks really need medium sized legs (the best minifig piece Lego introduced in the last 10 years in my opinion).

Glad you agree, think mid sized legs weren’t around for Disney Series 1 but really want Mickey to be released with them sometime down the line.

6 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I agree, its not even in relation to each other, they just look too tall. Especially with the Disney Castle set being clearly based on the theme park, it makes Mickey look like a human in a Mickey costume and not the character himself. Call me crazy but I think he may even need an updated head mold. Somethings a bit off with this one.

Also the Nexo Knights Axel’s torso piece was more armor if anything. I minifig compatible bulk torso piece akin to the one from the Incredibles game has never really released but I sure hope it does some day.

Blessed I managed to place a backorder for the Disney Train. I’m so glad I’m gonna get it.

When do you think Lego will make Lego Disney CMF Series 3? I feel that is the only way Lego makes a variety of Disney characters. Most Disney sets are minidoll based, 4+ sets with minifigures, or really expensive sets with minifigures for adult collectors. I personally feel that minifigures are better than minidolls, but that's my opinion. The only minidoll I have is Sweet Mayhem, but she actually had a cool design

6 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

When do you think Lego will make Lego Disney CMF Series 3? I feel that is the only way Lego makes a variety of Disney characters. Most Disney sets are minidoll based, 4+ sets with minifigures, or really expensive sets with minifigures for adult collectors. I personally feel that minifigures are better than minidolls, but that's my opinion. The only minidoll I have is Sweet Mayhem, but she actually had a cool design

it may not make sense if we have The Mupeet Series and Disney Series 3 in the same year (2022). So - I think I will not bet on it. 

But yeah, I agree with you. For example, i wanted that variant Goofy in Disney Train Station but that minifigure is really expensive in the secondary market like eBay or Bricklink. It’s kinda unfair. Also, I’m intereste in minifigures more than minidoll so I would love to see Disney Series 3 some times later. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Blessed I managed to place a backorder for the Disney Train. I’m so glad I’m gonna get it.

You're lucky. I'm still holding out that it'll get marked down for Black Friday like back in 2019 when it was first released. Unlikely though.

I ultimately passed on the Disney Train. While I love the Disney Parks, I didn’t love the set and would’ve just spent hundreds for it because of that association with the Parks (as well as that Goofy minifigure). Besides, I still have the Disney Castle to get too, which should happen next year with me returning to Disney World in March. Hopefully I love the next Disney Parks D2C more; fingers crossed for Spaceship Earth or Space Mountain!

On 11/21/2021 at 2:45 PM, The Stud said:

Hopefully I love the next Disney Parks D2C more; fingers crossed for Spaceship Earth or Space Mountain!

Not to be rude, but wouldn’t the exteriors on those be quite repetitive?

I feel like Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror or Big Thunder would present more dynamic builds.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:24 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

You're lucky. I'm still holding out that it'll get marked down for Black Friday like back in 2019 when it was first released. Unlikely though.

Let us know if you managed to snag it

On 11/19/2021 at 12:53 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

it may not make sense if we have The Mupeet Series and Disney Series 3 in the same year (2022). So - I think I will not bet on it. 

But yeah, I agree with you. For example, i wanted that variant Goofy in Disney Train Station but that minifigure is really expensive in the secondary market like eBay or Bricklink. It’s kinda unfair. Also, I’m intereste in minifigures more than minidoll so I would love to see Disney Series 3 some times later. 

I think Lego did good giving us another variant in a cheap Juniors set. Is it the same? No. But the best one we got is still not so accurate. He has a beige vest and black shoes when the most iconic Goofy depictions have a black vest and brown shoes, so its safe to say his best variant could still be made available in another set moving forward. 

As for Disney series 3, totally agree this license can have as many series as it wants imo. The princesses, villains, Pixar content and classic cartoons, there’s somuch ground to cover. If we don’t get sets based on these films cmf series are the way to go. Still waiting on the lost boys, Cruella and Snow White especially. 

Can’t help but express disdain for the Winnie the Pooh figure. He looks so ofd with his oversized head and flat belly, I also just hate this head mold. Does anyone else think his head mold is super unflattering? Feel like it could have been more rounded, smaller and more accurate. Just looks so odd I really don’t like that figure. Piglet is also very big too big for my liking. Tiger and Eeyore are amazing though.

Edited by cosmic

On 11/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, cosmic said:

Let us know if you managed to snag it

I decided it was better to be safe and just grab it while backorders are still available, rather than wait for an unlikely markdown. Especially since the set is sold out at all my local stores.

I hope the 7 Dwarves Cottage ideas set ends up passing review, that would (presumably) give us all 7 dwarves plus hopefully Snow White.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, Flaming Bricks said:

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a Series 3 until 2023 at least. But I am with you in wishing for more accessibility to Disney sets. Most of the minifigure-based sets (outside of the new Mickey theme) are just too much for my budget right now. And while I totally get why TLG uses minidolls for most of their Disney sets (my kids LOVE them), I feel like the form of the classic minifigure allows for more flexibility in depicting different characters. 

A little more on-topic: I LOVE 43202 The Madrigal House! The designers did such a great job capturing the essence of the house while still keeping it relatively affordable. Can't wait to see the film!

On 11/30/2021 at 6:06 AM, jjr_2009 said:

A little more on-topic: I LOVE 43202 The Madrigal House! The designers did such a great job capturing the essence of the house while still keeping it relatively affordable. Can't wait to see the film!

I'm with you on this one! It's the first modern Disney set I've seen where I went: oh yes I am going to buy that one no matter what. I'm not sure I'll even care to watch the movie, but the set looks fantastic.

I also can't believe it's the same price point as the Raya set Boun's Boat. On the one hand, a beautiful big whole house. On the other hand, a nice but small and dinky boat. I'd love to read an official explanation on why Boun's Boat was priced so high.