Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

They can do both, like the Simpsons

All of the characters in a CMF wave and then special versions of the main ones in a set

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

They can do both, like the Simpsons

All of the characters in a CMF wave and then special versions of the main ones in a set

I posted my idea for how they could go about that in the Wishlist thread.

I just wonder what this could mean for the Disney Park D2Cs. The Train is retiring this year and the Castle surely only has a year or two left. Without a proper Disney Series 3, could we still expect to see another Disney Parks D2C? By the way, when is the new Disney Castle set supposed to release?

37 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I just wonder what this could mean for the Disney Park D2Cs. The Train is retiring this year and the Castle surely only has a year or two left. Without a proper Disney Series 3, could we still expect to see another Disney Parks D2C? By the way, when is the new Disney Castle set supposed to release

I’ve been wondering the same thing. The new Walt Disney World castle should be coming out October 1st, since it’s branded as a 50th anniversary set and that’s the date the 50th celebration starts.

I’ve been wondering if we might get a monorail set? Maybe two Disneyland transportation sets is too much, so they’re retiring the train.

And then you could have more micro scale attractions to go with the track to act as the park itself?

The teacups. Dumbo. It’s a Small World’s Disneyland facade. The Haunted Mansion. And it means they could basically put any characters they want in the set.

re: the Muppets, I hope it’s true!! I would love the Electric Mayhem’s bus as a set, too

Edited by nicknack116

2 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. The new Walt Disney World castle should be coming out October 1st, since it’s branded as a 50th anniversary set and that’s the date the 50th celebration starts.

I’ve been wondering if we might get a monorail set? Maybe two Disneyland transportation sets is too much, so they’re retiring the train.

And then you could have more micro scale attractions to go with the track to act as the park itself?

The teacups. Dumbo. It’s a Small World’s Disneyland facade. The Haunted Mansion. And it means they could basically put any characters they want in the set.

re: the Muppets, I hope it’s true!! I would love the Electric Mayhem’s bus as a set, too

Ooh, a monorail set would be awesome! Personally, I’ve been holding out hope for Space Mountain or Spaceship Earth for years. Maybe even a Diagon Alley-esque Main Street USA as well. The giant Sorcerer Mickey hat from Hollywood Studios also would have been amazing, but that doesn’t exist anymore unfortunately. ):

If they can’t do full size versions of all the rides, then an Architecture-esque line could work. I would definitely be up for that, and it’d be a lot smaller and cheaper than getting full size versions of everything.

If Muppets Series would be the “dream” licensed seires that Matthew spoke of.

In that case, it may spell doom for Disney S3. Because Muppets is a Disney property. It own’t make sense that there are two series from same company in the same year. 

@nicknack116, I like your idea about Electric Mayhem bus set for the rumored Muppets Series!

However, let’s not forget - this year, we have Looney Tunes Series but they don’t have their own set. We should not have raised our hope at the moment. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

However, let’s not forget - this year, we have Looney Tunes Series but they don’t have their own set. We should not have raised our hope at the moment. 

Oh absolutely, just me getting my own hopes up :)

The Muppets is among my most wanted themes, so I'd love to see it as a CMF set! The only problem would be narrowing the list of characters down.

Assuming they do 12 minifigs, the lineup could look something like this:

• Kermit
  • Miss Piggy
  • Fozzie
  • Gonzo
  • Statler
  • Waldorf
  • Swedish Chef
  • Rowlf
  • Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
  • Beaker
  • Scooter
  • Sam Eagle

It pains me to leave the Electric Mayhem band off this list, but perhaps they could be released as a set. 

Edited by The_Chosen_1

26 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

Oh absolutely, just me getting my own hopes up :)

Haha no worries at all! :)

On 9/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, nicknack116 said:

I think when it comes to Disney Parks stuff, at a minifigure scale there's only so much that's doable beyond the Castles and transportation.  A monorail seems like a no-brainer at some point, their design is super iconic and there's a lot of merchandise of the monorails at the parks already. 

Haunted Mansion would be awesome and I think is doable, maybe similar to the Monster Fighters Haunted House in an opening dollhouse style.  You could have the stretching room, ballroom, attic, and a couple of the other main rooms.  The tough part might be including the "ride" function, though the fact that the ride cars in the real version aren't traditional roller coaster cars might make that easier, since they wouldn't need to have a complicated train track system running through the model.

I would also say Tower of Terror, but their most recent Fairground set is basically the non-Disney version of that (also Tower of Terror got rebranded at Disneyland, not sure about it at Disney World).  

Space Mountain has a pretty iconic shape, too, though admittedly I've never been on the ride so I don't know if it would have as much on the inside as, say, Haunted Mansion.

The idea of Main Street USA would also be a pretty neat set and would pair well with the castle set.  

31 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think when it comes to Disney Parks stuff, at a minifigure scale there's only so much that's doable beyond the Castles and transportation.  A monorail seems like a no-brainer at some point, their design is super iconic and there's a lot of merchandise of the monorails at the parks already. 

Agreed! Keeping things minifigure scale limits their options and making it something iconic that non-Disney-diehards would also want to buy.

I think a Monorail set and loading platform with a cast of Disney characters to ride in it is a no-brainer set that I hope LEGO makes. And I really think that's an opportunity to represent each land with micro-scale dioramas of an attraction to serve as the "from the monorail" view of the park. Then kids could set up the monorail track and rearrange the dioramas to create their own Disneyland layout. It would also be an opportunity to create iconic Disneyland locations that wouldn't be as feasible (financially or creatively) on their own as a set: Sleeping Beauty Castle (since we've only gotten Cinderella's so far), Thunder Mountain Railroad, the Matterhorn, It's a Small World's exterior, Main Street, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Mickey's house in ToonTown.

I'd say Haunted Mansion as well, but I agree that could be its own set. Unfortunately, the recent Fairground set seems to also tick that haunted house box as well as Tower of Terror. Maybe when the Haunted Mansion movie Disney's making comes out we could get a classic Disneyland LEGO set, too?

On 9/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, The_Chosen_1 said:

The Muppets is among my most wanted themes, so I'd love to see it as a CMF set! The only problem would be narrowing the list of characters down.

• Kermit
  • Miss Piggy
  • Fozzie
  • Gonzo
  • Statler
  • Waldorf
  • Swedish Chef
  • Rowlf
  • Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
  • Beaker
  • Scooter
  • Sam Eagle

It pains me to leave the Electric Mayhem band off this list, but perhaps they could be released as a set. 

I really really hope the rumours are true and Muppets are indeed getting their own CMF series. It would be a longstanding dream come true. I do however think Janice might get a place here, as I think TLG will aim to get more diversity if they can. 

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

I really really hope the rumours are true and Muppets are indeed getting their own CMF series. It would be a longstanding dream come true. I do however think Janice might get a place here, as I think TLG will aim to get more diversity if they can. 

That's a good point. I also think the lineup could change somewhat based on whether the focus is on "classic" Muppets or the modern Disney era. If it's the latter, I could see them including characters like Pepe, Walter, Uncle Deadly, or Rizzo.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, The_Chosen_1 said:

• Kermit
  • Miss Piggy
  • Fozzie
  • Gonzo
  • Statler
  • Waldorf
  • Swedish Chef
  • Rowlf
  • Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
  • Beaker
  • Scooter
  • Sam Eagle

Ah man, no Bunsen and Beaker? :cry2: It will be really hard to narrow down the lineup of so many fantastic character to only 12. I hope it’s more but I know that’s a slim change.

Which of the old Disney comics characters would you mostly like to see represented in a future Disney CMF set? Having gotten Goofy and Pluto (ouch, a lot more expensive than I had thought) in addition to series 1 and 2, I've now just got a few more that I feel that I need. The ones I would really like to see are:

- Gyro Gearloose

- Super Goof

- The Duck Avenger

- Apprentice Mickey

- Magica de Spell

- Black Pete

- The Phantom Blot

- One of the Beagle Boys

I also wouldn't say no to a Goofy with a red sweater/black vest and a blue hat.

But if TLG were to add Grandma Duck, Gladstone, Gus or others, I would still definitely buy them all... :-)

Edited by snoozle

I think most of the peripheral Mickey Mouse characters from the shorts and comics would be a better fit for the current line of Mickey Mouse sets rather than the CMF series. Especially since there are still hundreds of classic Disney characters from the movies who would only likely be represented with the CMF series.

I'd be very surprised not to see Pete show up in a future Mickey set. I'd also like to see Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Clara Cluck, Max Goof, and Clarice. A Three Caballeros set with Donald, Jose, and Panchito would be great as well.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Am I only the one thinking Mini Disney Castle’s Mickey Mouse minifigure looks …creepy? 

I think the eyebrows work well for Disney Mickey’s figure, honestly. The actual costume though...

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Am I only the one thinking Mini Disney Castle’s Mickey Mouse minifigure looks …creepy? 

No you’re not alone in this 😕 when you compare it side by side with the Mickey’s we already have I prefer the others .. the new ones eyes are too big, don’t like the eyebrows .. yeah .. kinda creepy 😳

2 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

No you’re not alone in this 😕 when you compare it side by side with the Mickey’s we already have I prefer the others .. the new ones eyes are too big, don’t like the eyebrows .. yeah .. kinda creepy 😳

Yeah! I like Mickey Mouse from Disney CMF Series 1 more than this image of new Mickey. I agree with you on big eyes and eyebrows. 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:52 PM, doclord said:
On 9/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, BrickCity said:

This set carries the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary logo (top right corner). I believe this version of the Mickey mini figure is designed to look like Mickey on opening day on October 1, 1971. 

You're right, and that's a very good pull. I enjoy the figure much more now. Just wish it came with the waistcoat piece.

tgif-mickey-4.jpg?width=427&height=669

For everyone saying this Mickey looks creepy, I won't argue that. Cause, yeah...
But just wanted to make sure everyone knew that they're making a figure based on this version of Mickey from Walt Disney World's opening 50 years ago.

Snow Whites cottage has been given the “further review” mark on Ideas! Fingers crossed as it’s a really nice build and we desperately need more classic Disney content.

Wonder what’s giving them pause though... potentially too many minifigs?