Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If it’s 500-800 pieces as has been rumored, I doubt it’ll be $35 since it’ll be a Disney licensed set (…or if it’s $35, then probably lower piece count than originally rumored)

Edited by Northgeorgiamasonry

I don’t think there will beApprecnetice Mickey yet. If it’s not in mircoscale Disney Castle, I’m hoping he would show up in Disney CMF Series 3. 

I honestly feel like Apprentice Mickey is too iconic a design for Disney to put randomly in a CMF series or a regular set. They might save him for a D2C set like they did with Goofy. Especially since the main members of Mickey's gang have all been released by now so they'll want some rare chase minifigure.

It could work in a Fantasmic-inspired set, with Maleficent as a dragon and Mickey battling her. The Liberty Belle Riverboat, that features all the characters at the end, could also be featured with a selection of a few minifigures to join Apprentice Mickey.

So it looks like this Mickey has a red bowtie in comparison to having a yellow one in the larger castle. I’ll definitely be picking this one up; I had wanted the original but don’t have display space for such a massive set.

Edited by skelliesgang

23 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I honestly feel like Apprentice Mickey is too iconic a design for Disney to put randomly in a CMF series or a regular set. They might save him for a D2C set like they did with Goofy. Especially since the main members of Mickey's gang have all been released by now so they'll want some rare chase minifigure.

It could work in a Fantasmic-inspired set, with Maleficent as a dragon and Mickey battling her. The Liberty Belle Riverboat, that features all the characters at the end, could also be featured with a selection of a few minifigures to join Apprentice Mickey.

Hmm… that may make sense for Apprentice Mickey to go with D2C set.  I guess Yen Sid may be potential for Disney Series then. There is no Pluto in D2C set or CMF, only in regular set (10776) along with Goofy (different variantions). 

You know we have characters from CMF that can join the Liberty Belle Riverboat. But yea, some exclusive minifigures in that riverboat idea sound really nice tho! However, I’m not sure about Maleficent the dragon, I mean I’m not a fan of buildable creatures myself. 

Better pictures of the castle have surfaced, and it looks very faithful for its size. Interestingly, the Mickey minifig has printed eyebrows and thus ressembles the park version a lot more than the 2016 one :classic:

This set carries the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary logo (top right corner). I believe this version of the Mickey mini figure is designed to look like Mickey on opening day on October 1, 1971. 

39 minutes ago, BrickCity said:

This set carries the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary logo (top right corner). I believe this version of the Mickey mini figure is designed to look like Mickey on opening day on October 1, 1971. 

You're right, and that's a very good pull. I enjoy the figure much more now. Just wish it came with the waistcoat piece.

tgif-mickey-4.jpg?width=427&height=669

My goodness that real life Mickey mascot is the stuff of nightmares. The Minifigure version is so much better proportioned!

15 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

My goodness that real life Mickey mascot is the stuff of nightmares. The Minifigure version is so much better proportioned!

And that's one of the better ones

Just take a gander

Spoiler

Evolution Of Mickey Mouse In Disney Parks! Disney Theme Park History!  DISTORY Ep. 1 - YouTube

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

And that's one of the better ones

Just take a gander

Reveal hidden contents

Evolution Of Mickey Mouse In Disney Parks! Disney Theme Park History!  DISTORY Ep. 1 - YouTube

Jeez, that first one kills you in your sleep, doesn’t he?

I don’t think anyone knows yet but there was a recent Q&A interview with Matthew Ashton and he said his “dream” licensed CMF is on the way for 2022. He didn’t say much than that. 

I wonder what it could be?

According to rumors, we will have CMF Series 22 in January 2022. So…it sounds like either Disney S3 or Harry Potter S3 would have axe. Or will it be? Who knows.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

28 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t think anyone knows yet but there was a recent Q&A interview with Matthew Ashton and he said his “dream” licensed CMF is on the way for 2022. He didn’t say much than that. 

I wonder what it could be?

According to rumors, we will have CMF Series 22 in January 2022. So…it sounds like either Disney S3 or Harry Potter S3 would have axe. Or will it be? Who knows.

I didn’t think there was much left for a HP S3, so I am expecting it to be axed.

39 minutes ago, doclord said:

I didn’t think there was much left for a HP S3, so I am expecting it to be axed.

I agreed. For example,there will be Madam Pomfrey minifigure in an upcoming set for winter 2022 so it may not show up in HP S3. However, what about characters from Fantastic Beasts film tho? 

LLet’s not forget - will there be 12 minifigure slots next year? Who knows….

Edited by DBlegonerd7

There‘s also the option that neither Disney or HP get a third series :shrug_oh_well: After all, there‘s still no IP that went beyond two series (DC doesn‘t count, TLBM was its own thing).

Dream CMF series? That implies that it's nothing we've seen before. Seriously though...what's left to license that could fill out a mass-appeal CMF series?

This might not be the place for speculation, but...I'd love for it to be the Muppets! You could easily find 12 characters to fill out a series. And it would mean another Disney series, just not Disney/Pixar animation. LEGO's Sesame Street characters turned out so well, and I've been wanting them to make Kermit and the gang next.

Edited by nicknack116

1 hour ago, nicknack116 said:

Dream CMF series? That implies that it's nothing we've seen before. Seriously though...what's left to license that could fill out a mass-appeal CMF series?

This might not be the place for speculation, but...I'd love for it to be the Muppets! You could easily find 12 characters to fill out a series. And it would mean another Disney series, just not Disney/Pixar animation. LEGO's Sesame Street characters turned out so well, and I've been wanting them to make Kermit and the gang next.

I would loooooove to see the Muppets. Not sure if we can get them in a CMF series, but a set similar to Sesame Street? The scene/theatre with various characters? I'd pay a pretty penny for that.

This must be the May series, so will find out by the end of the year I guess

Also, just to point out, Sesame Street does not belong to Disney. So there woudn't be a IP conflict there

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, just to point out, Sesame Street does not belong to Disney. So there woudn't be a IP conflict there

Yes, that was the point I tried to make with the Ideas team. ;) 

Which means the problem was not the Sesame Street IDEAS set........ but something else. Something we dont know about yet

Curiouser and curiouser...

Well, that's one possibility, and does give support to the CMF theme speculation. But there are IPs like Battlestar Galactica that they won't accept, because seen as too similar to Star Wars. Maybe the Jim Henson Muppet Show Muppets are simply seen as too similar to the Sesame Workshop Muppets by the Ideas team, despite my best efforts to convince them otherwise.

Edited by jp-30

I was really looking forward to a potential Disney Series 3, but I’ve also wanted Lego Muppets forever, so I’m kinda torn here. Personally, I’d prefer some sort of Muppet themed set and then a couple figures in the CMF series, similar to how the Steamboat Willie figures were handled last time. An Electric Mayhem bus or Muppet Stage set would be awesome, but I’m just excited to see if this comes into fruition at all. I’m amazed that we haven’t gotten a Kermit Brickhead yet, let alone sets or minifigs.