Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Just a question .. I’m kinda liking the castle .. hate the minidolls ( but that’s just personal preference.. I know there are people that love them ! ) my question is .. in the picture of the castle the trans blue part all seem light blue .. in the short video of the 360 degree turn around all those parts seem very dark blue ?? I prefer the dark, but I’m thinking I’m gonna be disappointed. Anyone else see what I’m thinking ? Thanks 😁

They don't seem to be making many parts in the dark trans blue these days. I think some of the parts that are appearing darker in pictures are using the trans blue opal color.

With some new Disney sets (including IDEAS’ 100 Acres Woodland), it gives me an idea to use some minifigures and parts for MOC Kingdom Hearts. I mean, I’m a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts!

On 6/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, illian420 said:

I think it's nice to see a cross between what would be a typical friends set in the Princess world. The set of Mulan and her horse would fit in here even though the horse is pathetic.

I won't be getting the castle, but I think it looks done well enough. It's giving me big hopes that there will be more castles coming. I'm reallly hoping for a Sleeping Beauty castle. A Beauty and the Beast Castle that's 14+ would be amazing too. The castle for Snow White would be interesting to do too.

I really like the new storybook set. There is not much going on, but I know my daughter who loves the Lego princess books and how they mingle together as friends there and on the Wreck it Ralph 2 movie, would love this. It gives 4 mini princesses in one set and they have a nontypical setting. I hope Lego will have more sets like the stables set and this storybook set where it can be a regular setting that's not trying to mimic the movies. We don't need Cinderella's castle and the frozen castles redone over and over which just slight changes.  

According to jedijac, there are still three more sets for this line. Maybe I missed a reveal somewhere...

• Set: 43200 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • Minidolls: TBA
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €19.99 - UK £TBA
    • Release: 2021

• Set: 43201 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €19.99 - UK £TBA

• Set: 43202 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €49.99 - UK £TBA

Ah I was not aware about that! Thanks for sharing the info! If it’s really minidoll-esquires sets, well, that’s great. I mean I personally prefer minifigures.

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

With some new Disney sets (including IDEAS’ 100 Acres Woodland), it gives me an idea to use some minifigures and parts for MOC Kingdom Hearts. I mean, I’m a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts!

I've had the same thought and now you've sent me down an internet rabbit hole to gather this. It should be no surprise that Disney's licensing in Kingdom Hearts overlaps with the most popular characters picked for LEGO. But between the collectible minifigures and sets, we have the majority of Kingdom Hearts Disney characters represented in LEGO.

The most notable absences in LEGO from the main 3 Kingdom Hearts games are:

• Pete (I'd guess he'll come one day in the Mickey and Friends line?)
  • Pinocchio and Geppetto (which I'd guess would easily be in the lineup for a collectible series 3)
  • Phil and Meg from Hercules
  • Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit
  • Tarzan (but licensing on that might be trickier from what I gather?)
  • Lion King
  • Monsters Inc
  • Big Hero Six

And these characters we have as minidolls, but having minifigures would be great:

• Belle, Beast
  • Mulan
  • Rapunzel and Flynn
  • Aurora
  • Snow White

I'm guessing that list above is where Disney will draw from first when coming up with a minifigure series 3.

Cinderella and The Hunchback of Notre Dame were also included in the PSP game. The Jungle Book and Pocahontas are the two most prominent Disney movies that never made it into Kingdom Hearts. The animal movies, like Dumbo, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians, all had some minor sort of presence in the franchise. 

The new castle looks amazing. Shame its just a facade but that seems in line with the train station and castle so I suppose Disney sets are always made open back and that makes sense as ultimately its kids who are gonna want access to the play area. The castle looks rather accurate it really puts the others to shame if anything I was expecting more interior space seems the stairs take up the bulk of the inside. 

the minidolls are alright. Convenient that we already have minifig scale Elsa and Anna I’d say thats enough for now. I wonder if we’ll ever get minifig scale Disney princess sets but if the minidolls remain consistent I’ll keep waiting on the cmf’s. I actually think of the dichotomy between my beefy male action figures and the ultra feminine dolls my sister and cousins had. The mini dolls bring that energy when paired with the minifigures I personally enjoy the aesthetic. If anything i want minifig Disney sets for properties like Pinnochio and House if Mouse before the princesses. I like the dolls guess I just want both in my collection. Definitely picking this up. 

Now the question is, am I going to begin collecting the Princess line? Looks like I’m growing tempted. I always try and limit the themes I consume but its become so hard I want all the Lego.

3 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

I've had the same thought and now you've sent me down an internet rabbit hole to gather this. It should be no surprise that Disney's licensing in Kingdom Hearts overlaps with the most popular characters picked for LEGO. But between the collectible minifigures and sets, we have the majority of Kingdom Hearts Disney characters represented in LEGO.

The most notable absences in LEGO from the main 3 Kingdom Hearts games are:

• Pete (I'd guess he'll come one day in the Mickey and Friends line?)
  • Pinocchio and Geppetto (which I'd guess would easily be in the lineup for a collectible series 3)
  • Phil and Meg from Hercules
  • Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit
  • Tarzan (but licensing on that might be trickier from what I gather?)
  • Lion King
  • Monsters Inc
  • Big Hero Six

And these characters we have as minidolls, but having minifigures would be great:

• Belle, Beast
  • Mulan
  • Rapunzel and Flynn
  • Aurora
  • Snow White

I'm guessing that list above is where Disney will draw from first when coming up with a minifigure series 3.

I aree with everything you said here!

I will like to point out - we already have Alice from Series 1 back in 2016. But since medium legs were introduced in 2018, Alice and Peter Pan may need new legs tho.

yes, I heard the lien sent on Tarzan is more complicated. I mean Kingdom Hearts had Tarzan’s world in one game since 2002. So yeah, you are right, it’s trickier. 

I am not very very sure if we will have Disney Series 3 next year? I mean, Seires 1 was released in 2016, then Series 2 in 2019. So it may take 3 years then? I dunno. 

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Cinderella and The Hunchback of Notre Dame were also included in the PSP game. The Jungle Book and Pocahontas are the two most prominent Disney movies that never made it into Kingdom Hearts. The animal movies, like Dumbo, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians, all had some minor sort of presence in the franchise. 

I’m not sure if your post is related to LEGO rather than Kingdom Hearts game franchise. But I will point it out - there is no Humberback of Norte Dame in PSP. It showed up in #DS, actually. :)

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I'm not sure if your post is related to LEGO rather than Kingdom Hearts game franchise. But I will point it out - there is no Humberback of Norte Dame in PSP. It showed up in #DS, actually. :)

Oops, that's what I meant. I knew it was one of the portable devices. Either way, I'd very much like to see Quasimodo and Esmeralda in minifigure form, especially since a live-action remake for Hunchback is confirmed.

Cinderella is long overdue at this point. Same with Snow White, Aurora, and Belle. I hope we get at least two princesses in Series 3 and I'm guessing one of them will probably be a modern princess like Rapunzel or Merida.

Is this the first time they release "peasant" Belle as a minidoll?

Slightly over thinking this I know .. but I wonder if the fact that Lego seem to be testing the inclusion of minidolls in such a huge set has affected the design of the palace .. I think they could have gone bigger and more elaborate and included Marshmallow and possibly Hans and a couple of guards .. had they been minifigures the set could have been bigger, would obviously cost more, it’s almost as if it’s a junior D2C if that makes sense ? Like .. we’ll test out including minidolls, but don’t go overboard with the palace just in case it flops ?? 

On 6/14/2021 at 4:56 AM, Jarreth2 said:

Slightly over thinking this I know .. but I wonder if the fact that Lego seem to be testing the inclusion of minidolls in such a huge set has affected the design of the palace .. I think they could have gone bigger and more elaborate and included Marshmallow and possibly Hans and a couple of guards .. had they been minifigures the set could have been bigger, would obviously cost more, it’s almost as if it’s a junior D2C if that makes sense ? Like .. we’ll test out including minidolls, but don’t go overboard with the palace just in case it flops ?? 

Hard disagree. The palace is MASSIVE already, much bigger than I would have expected for a castle that appears in one movie that barely spends any time in the interior (no shade on Frozen as a movie, but very little time is spent in the ice castle in the movie and very little of the interior apart from the grand atrium is shown). I would technically agree that the palace has been designed for mini-dolls, but personally I think those considerations are if anything ones that necessitated the interior being made larger—for instance, each "step" of the staircase is taller than would typically look right for shorter-legged minifigures, allowing the staircase as a whole to be made even taller and the balcony level to be elevated by extension. I don't think there's any reasonable case to be made that corners were cut here.

I will say that as a fan of mini-dolls I do hope this is successful and that it could pave the way for something like a Friends D2C for the upcoming tenth anniversary of the mini-doll.

Has anyone in the US been able to find the Raya and the Last Dragon polybag in store? It never got listed on the US Shop@Home, and no retail stores around here ever received it.

38 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Has anyone in the US been able to find the Raya and the Last Dragon polybag in store? It never got listed on the US Shop@Home, and no retail stores around here ever received it.

Yes, it's been in stock at my local Target since the sets dropped.

@Lyichir .. some good points .. and yeah I’d never thought about how in the movie very little time is actually spent there. I was early for work yesterday and called in to my local Lego store to take a look at the set .. I was just so underwhelmed .. yeah it’s cool .. but just .. I can’t put my finger on it! I left without it. It probably didn’t help that they had it displayed in one of those cubes that A, wasn’t tall enough so the tallest spore was bent down and B you can’t see the back of the castle. I might wait for some YouTube review videos and it may yet grow on me. I’m hoping that if Lego green light the Snow White Cottage that’s currently in the review phase that they don’t turn the minifigures that the creator made into minidolls.

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m hoping that if Lego green light the Snow White Cottage that’s currently in the review phase that they don’t turn the minifigures that the creator made into minidolls.

Same, I'm really looking forward to that and I hope it gets approved. But I'll lose a lot of interest if it turns out to feature minidolls instead. Especially since this would save the CMF series from having to adapt all seven dwarfs plus Snow White and the witch.

I suspect LEGO will reject the Snow White cottage on the grounds that its from an IP they are already producing sets from (Disney Princess)

On 7/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

Same, I'm really looking forward to that and I hope it gets approved. But I'll lose a lot of interest if it turns out to feature minidolls instead. Especially since this would save the CMF series from having to adapt all seven dwarfs plus Snow White and the witch.

Really good point .. also saves spots in the CMF line up for other characters .. good call @JeanGreyForever 😁👍🏼

On 7/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, jonwil said:

I suspect LEGO will reject the Snow White cottage on the grounds that its from an IP they are already producing sets from (Disney Princess)

Boooooooooooooooooooooo .. lol sorry, but I get what you’re saying .. I’d not thought of it that way 😔

Purchased and assembled the new ice castle yesterday, must say I’m pretty impressed. I’m not super bothered by the minidolls (would prefer minifigs) but the detailing on them is enough for me to be satisfied. Love the longer capes for both Elsas, however I’m still confused why we’re still getting Elsa with yellow hair in 2021 🤔 The white hair piece included for the mannequin in the set looks much better on coronation Elsa then the hair piece she comes with. I’ll definitely be making some changes to the castle itself, to remove the “inaccuracies” and add more blue to the exterior but for me it was a solid purchase. If this sells well I’d loooooove a Rapunzel tower D2C in the future... 

Q

On 7/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

On 7/4/2021 at 5:11 AM, Jarreth2 said:

Really good point .. also saves spots in the CMF line up for other characters .. good call @JeanGreyForever 😁👍🏼

I don’t think there wll be enough space for characters to come inbecause CMF series may still have 12 minifigure spots, not 16. :sceptic:

On 7/3/2021 at 4:01 AM, jonwil said:

*shrugging shoulders* Who knows…

also @jonwil they took a punt doing a huge set with minidolls .. reverse the roles and do a Princess set with minifigures 😂😂 ( we can but hope lol )

There are no rumors or evidences about CMF Disney Series 3 yet but I wonder if it would be possible to have Series 3 next year because we had Serie 1 in 2016, Series 2 in 2019. 

If  Series 3 would have 12 minifigures, it would be hard for lego to sequence some characters into this series. 

Person sally, I would love to see Belle and the Beast as minifigures one day.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

There are no rumors or evidences about CMF Disney Series 3 yet but I wonder if it would be possible to have Series 3 next year because we had Serie 1 in 2016, Series 2 in 2019. 

If  Series 3 would have 12 minifigures, it would be hard for lego to sequence some characters into this series. 

Person sally, I would love to see Belle and the Beast as minifigures one day.

I doubt there will be a third one. What could they include? They released for example Hercules and Hades together. Meg and Phil in a third series won´t be very popular without those two. Sure, some easy ones like Pete, Belle and Beast are there, but I could not fill a series of just 12 even if I put really bad ideas into it like a ridicoulously oversized Mushu as a minifigure to come with Mulan and her Villain, Timo without Pumba or less popular stuff like Big hero six... I hope we will see more Disney sets like the one introducing Pluto. It´s not like that you need to be a genius to predict the success of for example a lion king set using the new lion moulds with a few new prints.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I doubt there will be a third one. What could they include?...but I could not fill a series of just 12 even if I put really bad ideas into it

Really? I could easily see a third series happening. And they still have a ton of characters to draw from, both extremely popular and ones to draw in the diehard Disney fans:

• Pinocchio and Gepetto
  • Baloo and Mowgli
  • Sully and Mike
  • Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps
  • Miguel from Coco
  • Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope
  • Rapunzel and Flynn Rider
  • Carl and Russell from Up
  • Lilo
  • Kuzco and Pacha
  • Mulan in her warrior armor
  • Quasimodo and Frollo
  • Belle and the Beast
  • Roger Rabbit
  • Robin Hood and Prince John
  • Mary Poppins and Bert
  • Cruella De Vil
  • Merlin
  • Aurora and Prince Phillip
  • Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother
  • Snow White and Dopey
  • Alternate versions of Mickey and Friends (Sorcerer Mickey? Mickey and the Beanstalk?)
  • Baymax

Not to mention that we got Scrooge and his nephews, so maybe some classic TV shows are a possibility? I'd love to see:

• Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack
  • Alternate versions of Chip and Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits
  • Goofy in his Goof Troop outfit

You could do the chef from Ratatouille. Or the emotion characters from Inside Out. Or Moana in minifig (as opposed to minidoll) form.

Or more TRON characters.

Or the pilot from Tail Spin.

Or Bonkers Bobcat.

Or even Phineas and Ferb (they seem to be pretty popular and you have room for both the evil mad scientist and Perry the Platypus as well)

5 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I doubt there will be a third one. What could they include? They released for example Hercules and Hades together. Meg and Phil in a third series won´t be very popular without those two. Sure, some easy ones like Pete, Belle and Beast are there, but I could not fill a series of just 12 even if I put really bad ideas into it like a ridicoulously oversized Mushu as a minifigure to come with Mulan and her Villain, Timo without Pumba or less popular stuff like Big hero six... I hope we will see more Disney sets like the one introducing Pluto. It´s not like that you need to be a genius to predict the success of for example a lion king set using the new lion moulds with a few new prints.

Oh really? You actually don’t think Seires 3 will happen? You do realize there are LOT of Disney characters that we don’t get ye (Take a look a lists @nicknack116 and @jonwilmade above…). I think it may be a bit hard for Lego designers to sequeeze minifigures into 12-minifigure series instead of 16. 

Sure, it’s a bad idea to put an oversized Mushu minifigure after we saw that Tweety in Looney Tunes. I hope Twetty was an “accessory” for Sylvester but I don’t think it will be possible. I mean Tweety is a character, not a generic one. 

Sure, we don’t get Meg or Phil. We don’t get Princess Aurora for Maleficent or Lilo for Stitch. No Krisioff or Hans or Olaf for Elsa & Anne.

I would love to see Lion King set one day!

Edited by DBlegonerd7