Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TheMainBricker said:

I think calling this set D2C (which it technically may be) is misleading as it's not for AFOLs. If this was just announced as another set in the Disney Princess line no one would be bothered. The inclusion of mini-dolls is the biggest sign that this is not for AFOLs. The 14+ age rating is strange as this is a set targeted at young girls. Lego would be better off changing the age rating and putting it on general sale.

As an AFOL I'm genuinely pleased that this D2C is not with AFOLs in mind and is an easy pass. Lego have simply released too many D2Cs during covid. Good to see that this is a Disney Princess set and not an AFOL minifigure set.

I wouldn't say the set isn't AFOL in mind. I think a lot of AFOL's like minidolls. This is Lego's way of testing just how much interest is there. If this sells well and the feedback is from adults, then they will probably have more minidolls D2C's in the future. I'm not especially interesting in minidolls, but just because you and me aren't doesn't speak for the community as a whole. :blush:

24 minutes ago, TheMainBricker said:

I think calling this set D2C (which it technically may be) is misleading as it's not for AFOLs.

D2C usually means LEGO exclusive, or limited retail availability, it just happens often to be large sets labeled 16+ or 18+, not per se AFOL-only. 

But I guess the distinction between D2C and something like a small LEGO-exclusive set (like an Xtra polybag) is fair.

Edited by TeriXeri

When it comes to anything related to the Disney Princesses brand I don't think Lego has much say. Disney is very protective of, and particular about, that brand. The only place you are likely ever to see any of the Disney Princesses in minifigure form is in the CMF line.

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

D2C usually means LEGO exclusive, or limited retail availability, it just happens often to be large sets labeled 16+ or 18+, not per se AFOL-only. 

But I guess the distinction between D2C and something like a small LEGO-exclusive set (like an Xtra polybag) is fair.

Well if those pictures are accurate its 14+. I really hate the blurry image leaks, I am hoping my girls dont want this! Hard to tell if it will be worth it. First glance just looks like a bigger version of what has come before, with no real difference in figs? Can't make out the first one.

Ok, so this Frozen castle has included minidolls, huh? Well, maybe it will be a pass for me. I mean, I am male and I love Frozen movie. But as a huge fan of minifigures, I really wished this D2C would have minifigures instead of minidolls. 

However, I think this set is the first-ever D2C for minidolls to be featured in only. I wholeheartedly applaud LEGO for giving minidoll-themed D2C to young girls/children.

17 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Why would they bring out a 14+ Frozen castle? Surely the demographic for this is the younger children?..

The target aged kids (ages 5-11) who made the original movie a phenomenon 8 years ago are now teenagers. Perhaps TLG wanted to hit that demo with nostalgia?

I can't say the lack of minifigures annoys me for this situation. We have Anna and Elsa minifigures already. I like the build, if I liked Frozen at all I might've considered this set.

Honestly, I hope this sells well. I would be happy to see a new Disney Princess castle every year with this level of detail. And so long as the CMF keeps going, even if the sets are minidolls, we'll get minifigures eventually.

I’m extremely optimistic about this set now. I can just get the regular figures and custom a Kristoff, and I should be good to go, given that dolls and figures take up a similar footprint. It’ll look a little out of scale, but I think it will be fine. 

20 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

My opinion, since the first rumblings of this set on the horizon, has been: for the sake of “newness” this set must include minifigures. I’m tired of buying the same set over and over again. What makes this castle different than last three? four? Elsa castles we already have—the price and literal scale yes—but what is exclusive? Unique? Why buy this over the others; why buy this if I have the others? And look, that was always going to be a problem because of the subject matter; Elsa’s castle is popular and we’ve understandably received other versions already. That doesn’t mean we cannot or should not have this version. But it means this version should have something more. Something fresh. 

Inherently, this castle should be empty. Elsa did not conjure up furniture or paintings for the walls. Despite what Lego would have you believe, there is unfortunately no ice cream machine within the castle walls. So how could we add something fresh? Other than by simply making it taller and more expensive? The characters! Minidolls however limit that; Lego for whatever reason, most likely cost, doesn’t want a minidoll set to have more than the bare minimum included. Where is Hans? His exclusion here is egregious. Where is marshmallow? Where is Sven? Why not have the whole gang finally together at last in this, the ultimate Frozen set? Sven has more screen time with the castle than the Snowgies—they’re not even in the movie! Snowgies are here because Lego already made them, rather makes them, for the other multiple current and upcoming Frozen castles! 

I don’t know the first castle was quite bad and the second one while better in shaping it had lavender walls. Even when you remove the lavender and silly interior like I did below, the scale is completely off. What makes this set unique is its very film accurate (bar all that white) including being mostly to scale. 

581-FA8-B7-C29-C-4526-9-F67-DCA65-E84-E405.jpg

The castle at least has stairs and a fountain. A dress transformation feature and a falling chandelier could fill up the rest? 

As for the characters you bring up a point I never see brought up about minidolls. It is likely true that minifigures would’ve brought more characters. :( Not including Hans is very puzzling, as with him you’d be able to recreate all three ice castle scenes now you can only create two thirds. Sven’s absence is even worse, as he’s already in a set currently in production. I very much dislike it when D2Cs don’t include characters on purpose to make purchases of the set to go and buy even more. :/

11 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Well if those pictures are accurate its 14+. I really hate the blurry image leaks, I am hoping my girls dont want this! Hard to tell if it will be worth it. First glance just looks like a bigger version of what has come before, with no real difference in figs? Can't make out the first one.

The first figure is Coronation Elsa. :)

Really interested in the official pics for this one. The blur looks vaguely interesting, and I love that it has minidolls and not figs. But yet to understand what kind of build / parts it's going to bring us. I think it MIGHT have a couple of recolours that look awesome to me. But it realise is hard to tell. Would be nice to know official date for photos so I could plan my summer purchases accordingly (but aware this is why Lego, most likely, like to stagger them!)

I’ve seen a couple of Instagram posts that suggest the Ice Palace will be revealed and up for pre order tomorrow .. still reserving full judgment until I’ve seen the official pictures 🤞🏼

On 5/19/2021 at 1:52 AM, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think its an August release

If it was August it would not have leaked already? I think mid June seems more likely?

Many June releases are August in the USA, so its likely region dependant if there's a different release date for this as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Yay it has finally been revealed, very unceremoniously might I add. I think the shaping of the exterior is perfect. However who on earth thought it was a good idea to use white? It’s clearly a cost saving measure and that makes it look cheap. I don’t think all transparent blues would have looked good, but could they have not used various shades of blue? For something that’s intended to be a display model I think it should have been important for the colours to be done right. XP I will give the colour team credit for using transparent blue with Opal though, that is such a gorgeous colour and is such a welcome surprise! I think the interior is pretty perfect too. Yes they added two extra floors, but the colours are so consistent and it seems like what would have been in Elsa’s top floors. The bottom floors are very screen accurate and look fantastic. I guess the piano feels a tad unnecessary, but one could easily leave that out. I’m really sad about the figures and I love minidolls. What a lame line up. :( You just get the 4+ team with better bases for the Snowgies and capes for the girls. Kristoff‘s legs and torso are new, but I’d be shocked if he’s not reused soon. He also now has tan hair, but that’s because it’s a reuse. It’s a shame they wouldn’t invest and give Elsa tan hair instead. Speaking of which coronation Elsa is pretty perfect and probably won’t be reused. But after her there’s only the penguin plush from the Christmas short people didn’t like. XP Look, if they were going to avoid Hans and base it off the first two scenes with the Ice Castle they should’ve also included Marshmellow and Sven. If they didn’t want to introduce any bigger moulded figures and base it off general Frozen (hence Snowgies and Penguin) why aren’t there any rock trolls, earth giants or Bruni, Honeymaren, Ryder or Yelena? :/ I really like this set but I think a bad figure selection and the use of white on the exterior makes it needlessly worse.

13 minutes ago, thealienamongus said:

New Olaf!

Olaf is also in the 4+ set that released today. :purrr:

The ice castle is better than I thought it would be, I’m especially happy with the interior layout, I think it’s been done well. The stairs look great and there doesn’t seem to be an overuse of stickers and the ones that have been included, to me add to the set. Agree with Soupperson1 with the white and minidoll line up though. Also https://www.lego.com/de-de/product/belle-and-rapunzel-s-royal-stables-43195 and https://www.lego.com/de-de/product/ariel-belle-cinderella-and-tiana-s-storybook-adventures-43193 have been revealed. My daughter will go mad for the stables, I can see it being a very popular set.

Love the Ice Palace.  Shaping up to be a pretty expensive second half of the year as usual.

But I'm still waiting for them to make Malificent's Fury.

Edited by karrit

Belle and Rapunzel at the Stables - I don’t like the concept of this set and I don’t like the execution. Why overlap even more between Friends and Disney Princess when there’s only two minidoll themes?! If they’re going to make their own ideas for the princesses they could be more creative. The build feels like a €30 Friends set, but because it’s Disney it’s €50. XP I mean it looks fine for a 5+ build, but certainly not worth the price. The inside isn’t much better with only a couch for one , a trophy, horse food and a bucket of accessories (which I’m glad to see returning and in gold!). The stables themselves are very simplistic and small, which would be fine if this set was cheaper. XP Then what’s left is one jump. There’s no new characters included either. Maximus hasn’t been in a set in a while, but this new version of him just looks like any Friends horse. I imagine if a child really likes Belle or Rapunzel they’d already have/want these versions of them too and this isn’t that cheap of an alternative to those sets. I really don’t understand why they didn’t give them new outfits given they had the opportunity. It just feels weird for a licensed theme to have such a bad character line up. I guess the budget went into some recolours of parts of the build? But why is that necessary when you’re making up a location? I wasn’t expecting to like this build, but I’m saddened by this. I think it’s all the reasons why people dislike minidolls combined. XP

Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Tiana’s Storybook Adventures - Eh, I really like the outside of the book. White and gold really stand out amongst the other five and the accents of pink work surprisingly well. I think the inside would be fine, if Belle’s book still wasn’t on the market. This is basically the same thing. Again there seemed to be little to no creativity here. XP The inside just has a cabinet with cheese, stove, globe by a stickered bookcase and cushions. All of the other books had more and they were all cheaper! XP Tiana and Cinderella both look great from the head down, but darn that hair! Tiana doesn’t have bangs and Cinderella’s are styled differently. Ariel and Belle are reuses. :/ I was hoping for new dresses for both of them! Lumiere and Gus are great inclusions, especially as the former wasn’t in the other Belle set. I’m surprised they didn’t reuse Max for Ariel, but that dolphin Carraige is a fun build. Naveen I’m mad at though. How lazy. This is a second time in a row they just picked a green frog and called it a day. XP

I think it's nice to see a cross between what would be a typical friends set in the Princess world. The set of Mulan and her horse would fit in here even though the horse is pathetic.

I won't be getting the castle, but I think it looks done well enough. It's giving me big hopes that there will be more castles coming. I'm reallly hoping for a Sleeping Beauty castle. A Beauty and the Beast Castle that's 14+ would be amazing too. The castle for Snow White would be interesting to do too.

I really like the new storybook set. There is not much going on, but I know my daughter who loves the Lego princess books and how they mingle together as friends there and on the Wreck it Ralph 2 movie, would love this. It gives 4 mini princesses in one set and they have a nontypical setting. I hope Lego will have more sets like the stables set and this storybook set where it can be a regular setting that's not trying to mimic the movies. We don't need Cinderella's castle and the frozen castles redone over and over which just slight changes.  

According to jedijac, there are still three more sets for this line. Maybe I missed a reveal somewhere...

• Set: 43200 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • Minidolls: TBA
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €19.99 - UK £TBA
    • Release: 2021

• Set: 43201 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €19.99 - UK £TBA

• Set: 43202 - {? TBA Disney ?}
    • Includes TBA pieces
    • US $TBA - DE/FR €49.99 - UK £TBA

Edited by illian420

Just a question .. I’m kinda liking the castle .. hate the minidolls ( but that’s just personal preference.. I know there are people that love them ! ) my question is .. in the picture of the castle the trans blue part all seem light blue .. in the short video of the 360 degree turn around all those parts seem very dark blue ?? I prefer the dark, but I’m thinking I’m gonna be disappointed. Anyone else see what I’m thinking ? Thanks 😁

Edited by Jarreth2