Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, Smw said:

Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed that we're getting yet another frozen ice castle? I know I'm not the target audience, but it's all very samey. 

Pleased that Belle's castle includes two Belles, but want to see the back of the box as the conservatory looks very empty. 

I mean yes. I don’t mind more of the same concept (DC got me used to seeing Lego pump out the exact same concept with gradually decreasing quality) but I need it to be executed at least to the same standard of the one before it. What even is the price point for the new castle? It looks so hollow and empty, a shadow of the older builds. If its anything more than $30 its a sign of inflation. Considering we’re getting a D2C frozen castle and we’ve gotten 2 solid builds already, this empty little structure feels both pointless and disappointing in comparison to the others.

Olaf is the best we’ve gotten him though. His mouth has detailing on it, he has blue printed on the empty space of his mouth as opposed to leaving it all white.

The new Belle’s castle is a huge let down. Hope eventually they give that build (and as many of the Disney princess castles as they can tbh) the D2C treatment because these Disney Princess interpretations lack both detail and accuracy. The new blue dress Belle is lovely however. Excited to see if the Frozen exclusive has mini figures or dolls because if its figures it’ll only add to me hope that both the builds and character designs of the current princess line get a more detailed system release eventually. As for the moulds, I think Lumierre, Olaf, and Flounder transcend the mini figure or doll design and are adequate as they came to be used as accessories. The Maryweather mould can maybe work but I could also see them producing a new fairy mould for the Sleeping Beauty fairies. I’d hate to see them as minifigures but I also see them taking that route considering Tinker Bell

I'm keen to know the price point for a lot of the sets that have leaked over the past few days - Friends (UK prices) and Disney -as the price will make a huge difference to me. 

Disney Raya I got as it seemed to be giving me something new - but I can't imagine I would want to try and justify Belle's castle at the price it's likely to be. It really doesn't look that different to the 4+ one that is currently on the market. 

With the D2C being a frozen castle it feels a bit like we've been inundated with the same basic design (they all look pretty similar.... just different levels of detail.) There are plenty more varied stories available that they could tap into. The Ideas set idea of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves being an example. Or what about Maleficent? Ragana's magic shadow castle from the elves still gets crazy money on the after market - because it's a gothic joy. Why can't we have sets that go further into the "Princess universe"? They do it for the boys sets for the same age group. 

I am actively a mini-doll fan over minifigs (though I do like both) so keen to see if that gives us more characters rather than another Anna and Elsa. I'd hope that as the fans of Friends etc age Lego might see a market in detailed builds that appeal to the female market, and which include mini-dolls, which were such a big part of the lines success in opening up the market for them. 

Or Ariel rescuing Eric from the shipwreck, for example! 

So some leakers have said that the Frozen castle releases May, some say August. Given that today’s May first, should we assume it’s the latter?

5 hours ago, Smw said:

I'm keen to know the price point for a lot of the sets that have leaked over the past few days - Friends (UK prices) and Disney -as the price will make a huge difference to me. 

Disney Raya I got as it seemed to be giving me something new - but I can't imagine I would want to try and justify Belle's castle at the price it's likely to be. It really doesn't look that different to the 4+ one that is currently on the market. 

With the D2C being a frozen castle it feels a bit like we've been inundated with the same basic design (they all look pretty similar.... just different levels of detail.) There are plenty more varied stories available that they could tap into. The Ideas set idea of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves being an example. Or what about Maleficent? Ragana's magic shadow castle from the elves still gets crazy money on the after market - because it's a gothic joy. Why can't we have sets that go further into the "Princess universe"? They do it for the boys sets for the same age group. 

I am actively a mini-doll fan over minifigs (though I do like both) so keen to see if that gives us more characters rather than another Anna and Elsa. I'd hope that as the fans of Friends etc age Lego might see a market in detailed builds that appeal to the female market, and which include mini-dolls, which were such a big part of the lines success in opening up the market for them. 

Or Ariel rescuing Eric from the shipwreck, for example! 

There aren’t boys’ sets anymore, or at least I’d hope not. 

5 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

There aren’t boys’ sets anymore, or at least I’d hope not. 

Ah yes- true. But undoubtedly Ninjago e.g has a certain target market in mind. The famous Lego group target of the 5-9 year old boy. 

i do feel the beasts castle is an improvement over the other 2 castle sets im expecting the uk price to be around £70 as most of the disney princess sets do seem to be a bit over-priced on the price per piece ratio

7 hours ago, Smw said:

Ah yes- true. But undoubtedly Ninjago e.g has a certain target market in mind. The famous Lego group target of the 5-9 year old boy. 

I suppose :shrug_oh_well:.

Back on topic I agree it’s be nice to see some non-princessy mini dolls, like some good Mulan, Pocahontas sets

10773 the Ice Cream shop is the first set I've seen that uses the Dots picture holder piece outside of the Dots theme. I have no particular use for that information, but just interesting.

Has anyone got pictures of the back of the Belle castle yet? 

The Disney farm set has just leaked! Sheep! And a Tan horse in something cheaper than the Medieval Blacksmith set.

I don’t think I posted my thoughts on the HD pictures from the last couple days, so I’ll go ahead and do that now.

-Mickey Mouse’s Propeller Plane genuinely looks like a great little set, in spite of its 4+ simplicity. I love the colors on it and the exclusive Aviator Mickey prints.

-Minnie Mouse’s Ice Cream Shop is an okay little set. It has some useful pieces I could use and I like the Minnie and Daisy variants.

-Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s Space Rocket has an awful title, but it’s a cute little set. It gives me big Tomorrowland vibes. Again, it has some useful parts I could use in my collection and I like the space suits for Mickey and Minnie.

-Mickey and Friends Fire Truck and Station is probably the set that me and a lot of other people are most excited for. The last set gave me Tomorrowland vibes and now this one is reminding me of Toontown (which I wish they kept around at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom). It’s obviously not a great or detailed build, but I like the look of it. I love that they made new headmolds for Mickey and Minnie’s fire helmets and their uniforms both look super detailed. I like getting Goofy in a smaller set, since I still haven’t got the Disney Train yet, though I’m disappointed that his legs are unprinted. And lastly, that Pluto figure looks amazing! I’ve been waiting for him since this minifigure Disney theme started in 2016 and I’m not disappointed!

And now we have a couple more sets that were revealed today:

-Donald Duck’s Farm is a cool little set. I think it’s weird that they put Donald Duck in a store exclusive set, but I like the set itself. Getting three new animals (or new for me anyway) in this set is great and it goes without saying that I like the character variants we’re getting in this set.

-We also got some more Brickheadz revealed. Daisy Duck looks good; I love how her bow looks. Scrooge with the Triplets looks nice as well, though I think Scrooge’s glasses and the boys’ arms look a bit off. These will go perfectly with the Goofy, Pluto and Donald Brickheadz I got at Disney Springs last December; I just hope Lego makes new Mickey and Minnie ones since I never had the chance to pick up the 2018 versions and they go for a lot now.

Overall, I love how we’re getting all these different versions of Mickey and the gang in these sets. For 4+ sets, the builds look good enough and I look forward to picking all of them up.

Really love the new sheep included in the farm set, may pick it up just for the sheep!

2 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

it feels like a great callback including donald in a farm set as he did make his debut in a short called the wise little hen which has a farm setting

I'd like to see Peter Pig, his companion in that short, given the minifigure treatment one day. Hopefully these new Mickey sets can include more of the peripheral characters like Pete, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Clara Cluck, Ludwig Von Drake, Max Goof, and Clarice.

I can’t remember the pries on these Mickey sets? 

I haven’t seen the HD pics yet but I’m looking forward for Mickey’s Fire Station and that farm sets!

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’t remember the pries on these Mickey sets? 

10772 Mickey’s Propeller Plane - 59 pieces, 10 Euro (so assume Dollars as well)

10773 Minnie’s Ice Cream Parlor - 100 prices, 20 €/$

10774 Mickey’s and Minnie’s Space Rocket - 88 pieces, 20 €/$

10775 Mickey’s & Donald’s Farm - 118 pieces, 30 €/$

10776 Mickey’s Fire Station and Fire Truck - 144 pieces, 50 €/$

Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/new-details-emerge-on-rumoured-lego-disney-4-2021-theme/

Being a 4+ set and including so many animals including the new sheep, if the 30 dollar mark holds true, the farm set is actually a pretty good deal!

Oh wow, the farm’s even better than I hoped! I’ve been wanting farm stuff for so long, and this is the closest we have to a casual Mickey in any of the sets so I’m definitely getting that one! Also nice to see that they actually didn’t completely leave Donald out of the wave.

So do we think this is a one-off wave or will there be more?

That farm is cool, finally I can get a Donald without paying a fortune on BrickLink or buying the really expensive Disney Castle. And that sheep, about time we got one.

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

10772 Mickey’s Propeller Plane - 59 pieces, 10 Euro (so assume Dollars as well)

10773 Minnie’s Ice Cream Parlor - 100 prices, 20 €/$

10774 Mickey’s and Minnie’s Space Rocket - 88 pieces, 20 €/$

10775 Mickey’s & Donald’s Farm - 118 pieces, 30 €/$

10776 Mickey’s Fire Station and Fire Truck - 144 pieces, 50 €/$

Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/new-details-emerge-on-rumoured-lego-disney-4-2021-theme/

Being a 4+ set and including so many animals including the new sheep, if the 30 dollar mark holds true, the farm set is actually a pretty good deal!

Thank you so much!!!

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

That farm is cool, finally I can get a Donald without paying a fortune on BrickLink or buying the really expensive Disney Castle. And that sheep, about time we got one.

You know Donald Duc was in Disney CMF Seires 1, right? 

And I agree, the farm looks cool! Even with that sheep!

12 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So do we think this is a one-off wave or will there be more?

I think this line has more potential to last as compared to some of the other licensed 4+ sets.  Mickey Mouse is obviously a big license and I think it's going to have a ton of appeal with the target audience for this line, as well as TFOLs/AFOLs buying the sets for the minifigures/pieces.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

You know Donald Duc was in Disney CMF Seires 1, right?

I am well aware of that but I was stupid and didn't buy him when S1 was out and now the price has gone up too much

With Disney S2 I was smart and bought all the good characters including all 4 ducks.

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

I am well aware of that but I was stupid and didn't buy him when S1 was out and now the price has gone up too much

With Disney S2 I was smart and bought all the good characters including all 4 ducks.

He's usually about $10-15 on Ebay. Which is a bit much for a minifigure but if you really do want the classic version of him, I think it's not the worst price in the world as a one-time buy. 

On 5/7/2021 at 12:07 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

When can we most likely expect pics of the D2C Ice Castle?

I’ve got this thread open for exactly this .. hope it’s amazing 😁 .. and we see something soon