Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

I think the excitement from minidoll fans for their first D2C would balance out with the AFOLs who refuse to buy sets with minidolls. 

Well, the reason I wouldn‘t buy this set is not because I dislike minidolls or anything. I bought all of the TLM2 sets and the minidolls in those sets are among my favourites from that theme, especially the glitter vampires.

My reasoning is that I‘m a completionist (sort of). If I collect a theme, I have to get every single set in there (hyperexpensive convention exclusives being the sole exception). So if I‘d buy that set, I‘d feel compelled to get the rest of theme too and that‘s just too much of a hassle at this point (and display space is another significant issue). If it‘s minifig-based, it‘d be part of the non-Princess Disney theme like the 2016 Castle in my eyes, completely justifying a purchase :grin:

Of course I realise I could just ignore the rest of the theme, but I‘m stubborn like that :tongue:

I hope it’s minifigs and not minidolls. The Disney Princess range has already had their fair share of Frozen castles.

Well, I’m so glad to see Lego gooey one minidolls’ boundary and makes minifigure-style Disney sets. It’s quite about time!

Elsa’s ice Castle as a minifigure D2C set? It would be interesting to see.

The first part from the upcoming 4+ Mickey sets has leaked, and it‘s a printed 2x2 tile with Mickey‘s stylised head, which belongs to the plane set :classic:

I hope we get to see Pluto soon! Hopefully it‘ll be worth the 5 years we had to wait for him, but judging by the prelim, it will :sweet:

I kinda wish Pluto was sitting like Scooby-Doo (ik he has a standing variant, but yk what I mean) so it could fit in the display I made, but I'm just happy were getting him at all

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope we get to see Pluto soon! Hopefully it‘ll be worth the 5 years we had to wait for him, but judging by the prelim, it will :sweet:

I’m quite excited to see Pluto soon!

I’m surprised Lego and Disney went with Elsa’s Ice Palace over the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle, especially since it recently had a major refresh.

I hope they’ll get around to the Sleeping Beauty Castle eventually.

3 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I’m surprised Lego and Disney went with Elsa’s Ice Palace over the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle, especially since it recently had a major refresh.

I think a Sleeping Beauty Castle would be part of the “Disney Parks” D2C line that they release every three years to go with the CMF, so hopefully next year!  :)

10 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I think once the Disney Castle is retired, then that will make room for a Disneyland Castle. I don’t think Lego would want both on shelves at the same time, and I imagine that Disney/Lego would want the 2016 Castle still around for another year to coincide with Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. Maybe for the 2025 Disney Parks D2C? (Which would be nine years since Lego released the Cinderella Castle and first CMF series which is just bonkers to me.)

Personally, I’m hoping for Space Mountain or EPCOT’s Spaceship Earth next, though I still need to get the Castle and decide if I’m getting the Train Station or not.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I think once the Disney Castle is retired, then that will make room for a Disneyland Castle. I don’t think Lego would want both on shelves at the same time, and I imagine that Disney/Lego would want the 2016 Castle still around for another year to coincide with Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. Maybe for the 2025 Disney Parks D2C? (Which would be nine years since Lego released the Cinderella Castle and first CMF series which is just bonkers to me.)

Personally, I’m hoping for Space Mountain or EPCOT’s Spaceship Earth next, though I still need to get the Castle and decide if I’m getting the Train Station or not.

Spaceship Earth would be a real undertaking. It would require at least 3 new molds to reproduce some of the oblique angles of the geodesic sphere.

8 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Spaceship Earth would be a real undertaking. It would require at least 3 new molds to reproduce some of the oblique angles of the geodesic sphere.

Not to mention the new molds for the Figment figure that they’d hopefully include! 

I'd love to see the Haunted Mansion as a D2C at some point, I think that's doable as both a display piece and having playability/an interior.  Not sure if they'd do it next because it might be sort of redundant with the Haunted House D2C out right now, but it's a pretty iconic ride that I think would work well as a set.  Jungle Cruise would be neat, too, but I don't know if that's feasible as a set since it'd really just be the boat and some scenery/animals.

i just built the disney castle 2 days age and wow wow wowee what a fantastic build why did i wait that long to get it 

if the rumours about the frozen castle are true the figures could be anna elsa kristoff and hans

Well,  am I seeing some wishlist??

I guess I will drop one wishlist here - I would love to see Main Street D2C to be “connected” to Disney Castle. This would be similar to Diagon Alley D2C set. 

With no images of Elsa’s Ice Castle, I think it’s neat to see it in minifigure scale! I wonder if Olaf would have his own mold.

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I guess I will drop one wishlist here - I would love to see Main Street D2C to be “connected” to Disney Castle. This would be similar to Diagon Alley D2C set. 

With no images of Elsa’s Ice Castle, I think it’s neat to see it in minifigure scale! I wonder if Olaf would have his own mold.

100% agree on Main Street, just call it Disney Town or something. Only thing I’m unsure about is the minifigs.

42 minutes ago, doclord said:

100% agree on Main Street, just call it Disney Town or something. Only thing I’m unsure about is the minifigs.

I agreed. I’m not sure if mini figs would be generic tourists/guests/visitors. But we do have CMF Disney Sereis 1 and 2 so I think it would be useful to fill in. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The problem is that the only thing directly adjacent to the front face of the Cinderella's Castle in Disney World is a presentation stage, and the open plaza with the bronze statue of Walt and Mickey. Since the set doesn't include the rear of the castle, which is where the main thoroughfare of the Magic Kingdom is located, I doubt we'll get an adjacent set. If they do another Disney World attraction, it will probably be Starship Earth or The Tree of Life. If they do a Disneyland set, it will likely be Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

The problem is that the only thing directly adjacent to the front face of the Cinderella's Castle in Disney World is a presentation stage, and the open plaza with the bronze statue of Walt and Mickey. Since the set doesn't include the rear of the castle, which is where the main thoroughfare of the Magic Kingdom is located, I doubt we'll get an adjacent set. If they do another Disney World attraction, it will probably be Starship Earth or The Tree of Life. If they do a Disneyland set, it will likely be Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Oh i see. I vaguely remember seeing the bronze statues of Walt and Mickey in front of Main Street (not castle). I guess you make a good point there. However, I still would like to see Main Street anyways and that’s my personal wishlist. Also, I would like to see Sleeping Beauty’s Castle too. 

On 3/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I personally would prefer large sets from Disney movies other than lego replicas of theme park settings. But if some fans enjoy it and it sells well I’d be happy to see it produced. So long as the trend of large D2C’s based on Disney properties continues in any way. I would just hate to see them get in a cycle of making Lego replicas of the theme parks and lose focus on Disney properties new and old that may have settings or vehicles or a combination of builds that would make great sets. My own little wishlist

- $400 Aladdin - Sultans Palace 

Figures - Aladdin (new face print), Genie (please give the figure justice I can never make myself enjoy the cmf version), Jafar, Jasmine in her red outfit, possible giant snake/Jafar build

edit forgot to include a sultan figure! Also maybe the hourglass build for Jasmine

$200 Snow White Cottage 

- all 7 (small) beds included, both floors with the hand washing station included. Some Lego animal such as deer, rabbits, birds and turtles. All 7 Dwarves, Snow White and the Evil Queen in old lady form

$400 House of Mouse Building Full stage and 2 floor layout as accurate as they can get to the show I put the price high bc its a large building.  Google the show if you’ve never heard of it the building has a really quirky design that I think fits in with a Disneyland setting. Would love to see some obscure Disney characters appear here. Cruella Deville, Honest John, Clarabelle Cow, Tuxedo Micky Mouse, Usher Max Goof, Server Goofy, Diasy hostess (new head piece with that ponytail) 

EDIT - maybe a specialized head mould might be what I need for genie? I didn’t not like the cmf version at all maybe thats the way to get him right? Hmm

Edited by cosmic

I so desperately want a pride rock set. It would probably require at least one new mold per character, but I still have hope one day they will make it (Honestly I would be content with literally anything lion king they make, pride rock just seems the most likely)

9 minutes ago, Surge said:

I so desperately want a pride rock set. It would probably require at least one new mold per character, but I still have hope one day they will make it (Honestly I would be content with literally anything lion king they make, pride rock just seems the most likely)

Same here!!

Lion King in LEGO would be "shut up and take my money" 100% no matter what they made or how expensive it ended up being.

My favorite animated movie of all time.

Same, but it would have to be based off the original animated movie, or the musical. I have no interest in anything to do with the live action release.

Minifigures from the musical would actually be very interesting, and something I would love.

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

Same, but it would have to be based off the original animated movie, or the musical. I have no interest in anything to do with the live action release.

Minifigures from the musical would actually be very interesting, and something I would love.

Musical?