Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

When can we expect these images to officially release? Whats the release date for the new Mickey sets?.

Raya was muuuuuch better than I expected. I'm really curious what Disney will do after doing this now. Definitely was worth paying for it and not waiting for it on Disney+ in June. I can't wait to show my kids this weekend. 

I looked at the lego after the movie. I'm so disappointed in Boun's Boat now. They left out the baby! Maybe there could be one more set with the baby and the big guy?... Feeling doubtful.

Maybe it was leaked, but I hadn't seen it. The Winnie the Pooh set is viewable on the 'coming soon' area on the lego site. It's pretty cute. The interior is smaller than I expected and there's no owl. Looking at the exterior in 360 degrees though, it's really cute. Love the figures.

22 hours ago, illian420 said:

Raya was muuuuuch better than I expected. I'm really curious what Disney will do after doing this now. Definitely was worth paying for it and not waiting for it on Disney+ in June. I can't wait to show my kids this weekend. 

I looked at the lego after the movie. I'm so disappointed in Boun's Boat now. They left out the baby! Maybe there could be one more set with the baby and the big guy?... Feeling doubtful.

Maybe it was leaked, but I hadn't seen it. The Winnie the Pooh set is viewable on the 'coming soon' area on the lego site. It's pretty cute. The interior is smaller than I expected and there's no owl. Looking at the exterior in 360 degrees though, it's really cute. Love the figures.

The con baby would have been precious in the minikid form!

not related to lego but did anybody watch the incredible finale to the new ducktales show SPOILER ALERT it was revealed in the greatest disney plot twist ever that webby is scrooge mcducks daughter

On 3/14/2021 at 3:00 AM, gedren_y said:

And it confirms the Super Mario bases are not exclusive to that license. Yay!

One of the round bases also appeared in last year's Main Square set.

To add to my earlier complaints about the pricing on Boun’s Boat($49.99 for 247 pieces), I got the new catalog today & good gravy what a bunch of whackadoodle pricing this theme has. 

Raya and the Sisu Dragon & Ariel’s Celebration Boat, both $29.99with the latter having 102 less pieces(216/114). Now, the Ariel set has a sizable boat hull, but that difference is insane. 

Likewise, we have Cinderella’s Royal Carriage at $39.99 has 237 pieces. 

I appreciate the builds and figure designs we got for the 4+ Incredibles and Toy Story sets, so I’m sure I’ll appreciate the builds and figures for these 4+ Mickey sets. But to be frank I really wish Lego would release a normal line of system scale Disney sets. I’d love to get obscure characters like Clarabelle cow, a big fig of Pete, House pf Mouse inspired sets, and system scale 8+ sets for other Disney related properties. I understand why Disney sets are 4+, as a young kid I was always a fan of Disney so naturally they cater to that young audience. But it’d be nice to get regular Disney sets.

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

I appreciate the builds and figure designs we got for the 4+ Incredibles and Toy Story sets, so I’m sure I’ll appreciate the builds and figures for these 4+ Mickey sets. But to be frank I really wish Lego would release a normal line of system scale Disney sets. I’d love to get obscure characters like Clarabelle cow, a big fig of Pete, House pf Mouse inspired sets, and system scale 8+ sets for other Disney related properties. I understand why Disney sets are 4+, as a young kid I was always a fan of Disney so naturally they cater to that young audience. But it’d be nice to get regular Disney sets.

I see no reason why the 4+ sets couldn’t use characters like Clarabelle and Pete. Before I saw the images of these sets I assumed this line was going to have at least a few new characters but all it has is Pluto and variants for the main 5. :S  

On 3/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, Lego-Freak said:

The mystery about Donald‘s absence has been solved, he‘s in an additional set:

• 10775 Micky and Donald‘s Farm, 118 pcs, 29.99€

Source: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-disney-mickey-and-friends/

Promobricks also confirmed it comes with a new sheep! :pir-love:  

Ive seen no one talk about these two sets: 

• 43193 Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Tiana’s Story Book Adventure (yes all 4 at once) with 131 pieces for €25 (so an extra $5 too). Why? :S It’s like they’re actively trying to make these unsuccessful. Also what type of set needs Ariel, Belle and Cinderella to sell it at once? I imagine they could’ve included just one of them and three of the lesser popular princesses? I guess they might’ve wanted to do Ariel’s teal dress and Belle’s blue one but what an odd way to justify it. XP
  • 43195 Belle’s and Rapunzel’s Horse Stables with 239 pieces for €50. I have zero idea what this could include to justify that price. Again why are two popular princesses being used at once!? :( Also Belle is getting her horse in the summer and Rapunzel’s has appeared twice. Could they not have done Aurora’s, Merida’s or Cinderella’s Major (properly)? xP Maybe this is also excuse to get Belle in her blue dress but there are frankly more logical ways of getting that e.g. a town set. :P I’m hoping Rapunzel gets her light pink dress from the end of the film too, but I bet they’ll just reuse or make up something gaudy for both of them. I really don’t like the idea of them making up new locations for the princesses, especially now that the builds of the actual ones have finally started getting good. xP
Edited by Soupperson1

Wow, I'm really late on this. Nice to see the Disney theme is finally branching out past minidolls, there's a lot of potential there. It's a shame Disney is still mostly relegated to 4+ (yet Minions is allowed to have regular sets?) but hey, a much more affordable Goofy and a brand new Pluto, can't complain there. Hopefully they keep this going and add more properties.

Colour me surprised, can‘t say I saw that one coming *huh* As a D2C set, it pretty much has to come with minifigs rather than minidolls, right? :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Colour me surprised, can‘t say I saw that one coming *huh* As a D2C set, it pretty much has to come with minifigs rather than minidolls, right? :laugh:

Not necessarily. Frozen remains extremely popular, and everything they've done for it bar two figures in the CMF has been minidoll. I can see them doing an even bigger minidoll ice palace - why not? Plus if that set number is correct, it's a minidoll-theme set number. Not a total giveaway but a good indication of it being minidoll.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Not a total giveaway but a good indication of it being minidoll.

I'd usually agree with you, but there have been exceptions to that rule of thumb. The Trolls sets for instance also had set numbers usually reserved for minidoll themes :shrug_oh_well: I just have a hard time picturing a D2C set with minidolls and I'd be surprised if they didn't at least discuss the option to go with minifigs instead during the design process. One thing's for sure though: no minifigs, no money from me :tongue:

This would be the first D2C with minidolls, right? 

Not even the TLM2 D2C included minidolls

Would it not make sense for Lego to release this as a minifigure set? I've not seen Frozen so maybe I'm wrong, but by now all the major characters have been done in minidoll form, no? There'll be plenty of kids who love Frozen but prefer the minifigure over the minidoll, and I suspect the majority of the AFOL community that would buy big D2Cs would take a minifig over a minidoll. Releasing a big set with all the cast in fig form would allow people to choose their preferred medium for the characters.

I also think they can use the recent reindeer mold for Sven, or at least a more "realistic" Sven than the minidoll one (which did look nice and cartoony).

46 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Would it not make sense for Lego to release this as a minifigure set. I've not seen Frozen so maybe I'm wrong, but by now all the major characters have been done in minidoll form, no? There'll be plenty of kids who love Frozen but prefer the minifigure over the minidoll, and I suspect the majority of the AFOL community that would buy big D2Cs would take a minifig over a minidoll. Releasing a big set with all the cast in fig form would allow people to choose their preferred medium for the characters.

There's only been four characters released as minidolls - Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Matthais. They haven't even released Hans yet... 

46 minutes ago, doclord said:

I also think they can use the recent reindeer mold for Sven, or at least a more "realistic" Sven than the minidoll one (which did look nice and cartoony).

Sven's mould is pretty accurate for what he looks like in the film. His design is cartoony. :P

58 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This would be the first D2C with minidolls, right? 

Not even the TLM2 D2C included minidolls

Yup! I think it's high time they do it too. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'd usually agree with you, but there have been exceptions to that rule of thumb. The Trolls sets for instance also had set numbers usually reserved for minidoll themes :shrug_oh_well: I just have a hard time picturing a D2C set with minidolls and I'd be surprised if they didn't at least discuss the option to go with minifigs instead during the design process. One thing's for sure though: no minifigs, no money from me :tongue:

If the D2C was designed with rich kids in mind it would explain the inclusion of dolls. :P

51 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Would it not make sense for Lego to release this as a minifigure set? I've not seen Frozen so maybe I'm wrong, but by now all the major characters have been done in minidoll form, no? There'll be plenty of kids who love Frozen but prefer the minifigure over the minidoll, and I suspect the majority of the AFOL community that would buy big D2Cs would take a minifig over a minidoll. Releasing a big set with all the cast in fig form would allow people to choose their preferred medium for the characters.

I think Lego has less choice in this matter than in most themes. Disney is very protective of its brands, and exerts quite a bit of control over licenses, particularly with Disney Princesses. When the primary focus is characters that fall under the Disney Princesses brand, there is a certain standard of aesthetic that companies are expected to adhere to.

10 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

If the D2C was designed with rich kids in mind it would explain the inclusion of dolls. :P

To me, minifigs would make a lot more sense business-wise. If it included minidolls, the set would mostly be bought by rich parents as you point out or by adult fans who don‘t mind minidolls. If it instead featured minifigs, you could broaden the demographic by quite a wide margin :sweet: Customers that don‘t like minifigs but still want a giant Frozen castle could simply inhabit it with the minidolls from their collection. This wouldn‘t work the other way round as you can‘t fill a castle with just two minifigs :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, minifigs would make a lot more sense business-wise. If it included minidolls, the set would mostly be bought by rich parents as you point out or by adult fans who don‘t mind minidolls. If it instead featured minifigs, you could broaden the demographic by quite a wide margin :sweet: Customers that don‘t like minifigs but still want a giant Frozen castle could simply inhabit it with the minidolls from their collection. This wouldn‘t work the other way round as you can‘t fill a castle with just two minifigs :laugh_hard:

But it wouldn’t be just two minifigures, it would be two minifigures and all the secondary characters they’d include like Sven, Olaf and Marshmellow etc. Minifigures are much easier to make purist versions then minidolls too! Besides it’s not like we have hundreds of Frozen minidolls it’s just two more characters than the minifigures. They could easily catch up in the next CMF. XP 

I just don’t see how minifigures would automatically increase the set’s appeal by a considerable margin. People are clearly buying the minidoll Frozen sets, people buy D2C sets that don’t have minifigures (or the minifigures to them are just a bonus) and they already have the two most important characters in minidoll form. I think LEGO should try a minidoll D2C to see if there’s a market for it and if they’re not going to test it with Friends, Frozen is the best bet for a success because of its massive fan base. I think the excitement from minidoll fans for their first D2C would balance out with the AFOLs who refuse to buy sets with minidolls. 

Also I still maintain that the Temple of Airjitzu really broadened Ninjago’s appeal within the AFOL community so I think trying to apply that method to a good minidoll set could potentially broaden their appeal too. :)