Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, DisBricks345 said:

Those are amazing! Donald is in the left corner of the fire station image by the logo, so I’m hoping that means he’s in the set we don’t have pictures of. Pluto piece is great, and I can’t wait to see it in color! 

I think you mean Donald is featured in the logo in the right-hand corner, but he's not obviously in any of the sets unless he's actually driving the fire truck, obscured behind the confidential stamp.

Of course, minifigure lineups are liable to change. A set with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto would be fantastic.

Man, I really hope that’s a price typo on S@H for Boun’s Boat($49.99USD). I did a double take then checked Brickset, which had it listed at $29.99, which is probably the real, and definitely reasonable, price. I’m certain someone made a mistake, Monkie Kid isn’t even priced that bad. :laugh:I want that boat for my Ninjago district. 

37 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Man, I really hope that’s a price typo on S@H for Boun’s Boat($49.99USD). I did a double take then checked Brickset, which had it listed at $29.99, which is probably the real, and definitely reasonable, price.

Unfortunately 49.99 USD is the real price. Brickset has the boat and Sisu Dragon accidentally switched. The Dragon is 29.99 and the Boat 49.99, which is absolutely insane.

The only really well-priced Raya set is the polybag :laugh:

Wow I sure hope no one PM’s me the leaked images :wink:

From the sounds of it I only want the Firehouse. Not into variants of Daisy or the other members of this entourage. I want Pluto and Goofy and luckily they come in a set that also has a new variant of Mickey and Minnie. That set has the perfect figure selection. 

Really hope Lego does more of these. I want to see Clarabelle Cow, Pete, and Mortimer Mouse. So many classic Mickey Cartoons I think would fit into this perfectly. I wish Lego would just release a minifigure based “Disney” theme with sets based on various Disney properties. I’d love a large Maleficent castle, Rapunzels Forest Cottage, other Princess sets with more detailed builds using figures as opposed to minidolls. Sets based off various Pixar properties and assorted classic cartoons and movies. Unlikely, but I’d spend any amount of money on minifigure centered system scale Disney sets. 

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Unfortunately 49.99 USD is the real price. Brickset has the boat and Sisu Dragon accidentally switched. The Dragon is 29.99 and the Boat 49.99, which is absolutely insane.

The only really well-priced Raya set is the polybag :laugh:

Wow...guess I won’t be getting that set then. I mean, some sets I can look past the price tag, but $50 for 247 pieces is outrageous. Come on clearance sale! 

Even the White Dragon Horse Bike isn’t that bad...$35 for 259. What were they thinking pricing this boat so high?!

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Even the White Dragon Horse Bike isn’t that bad...$35 for 259. What were they thinking pricing this boat so high?!

File this under the General Grevious' Starfighter category - $80USD for 487 pieces! The price of these two is so ludicrous that my headcanon says it must be that an intern punched the wrong price number into LEGO's internal system and the company had too much pride to correct it.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

File this under the General Grevious' Starfighter category - $80USD for 487 pieces! The price of these two is so ludicrous that my headcanon says it must be that an intern punched the wrong price number into LEGO's internal system and the company had too much pride to correct it.

Just looked at S@H by price...

75894 Mini Cooper S Rally- 481 pcs

75254 AT-ST Raider- 539 pcs

75074 Bastion- 602 pcs

41428 Beach House- 444 pcs

31095 Fairground Carousel- 595 pcs

then....

41164 Enchanted Treehouse, fellow Disney Princess, -302 pcs

i guess Princesses are the new SW. even the AT-ST Raider is better priced. 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hope this does not sound ignorant but what would a set with 487 pieces be reasonably priced at? I often feel Lego sets are more than what they “should be” but admittedly don’t know how to measure that.

27 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I hope this does not sound ignorant but what would a set with 487 pieces be reasonably priced at? I often feel Lego sets are more than what they “should be” but admittedly don’t know how to measure that.

It's not just about piece count but relative size and value of a model (minifigures included, etc.). Given it's a Star Wars set and contains the apparently "high cost to produce" General Grevious figure, that one could reasonably be expected to cost $60 USD, though $50 would be nicer.

Though the Buon Boat set has the new monkey moulds which could arguably drive up the price a little, it still looks like it has the value of a $30 set and definitely not $50.

The Mickey & Minnie mouse brick sketches look fantastic. Even though they may not be 100% accurate, I have no idea how to do better. The price of $16.99 seems a lot better too, even though it's not a big difference...

Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but I'm discussing it since it's technically a Disney set.

38 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait did someone say Pluto and Goofy as normal minifigure? YESSSS! 

Well Pluto is a special moulded dog piece and Goofy is (most likely) the same one from the Disney Train, but yes.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Well Pluto is a special moulded dog piece and Goofy is (most likely) the same one from the Disney Train, but yes.

Since the Goofy we got in Disney Train was specifically the Disneyland version, I'd say the one in this set will be the classic look - black vest, black stripe on the hat, legs without the patch and brown shoes.

13 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

That’s true about Goofy figure from Train Station. But I never have that one. I may get the different Goofy variation and that Pluto. I’m thrilled about the Disney wave. 

That’s bummer that Belle’s Castle is jsut a Friend set, oh well. 

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Given it's a Star Wars set and contains the apparently "high cost to produce" General Grevious figure

I know this isn't really the thread for it, but why do Lego persist with the figure if it's so expensive? Surely the original with a bit of printing and the newer battle droid arms would be sufficient

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The Mickey & Minnie mouse brick sketches look fantastic. Even though they may not be 100% accurate, I have no idea how to do better. The price of $16.99 seems a lot better too, even though it's not a big difference...

Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, but I'm discussing it since it's technically a Disney set.

I definitely agree. A lot of people seem to think that they’re creepy, but I really like them. They’ll go really well with the Lego Disney display I plan on making this year.

I think I’ve decided that I’m going to get the Plane and Fire Station sets and then maybe Bricklink the figures from the other two. I just hope that they’re not too overpriced or anything.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

By the way, when will they be released?

March 1

11 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

March 1

Thanks! And thank you for your help on how to delete the post earlier!

15 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok im getting both the large castle and train sets on monday but i have a question , i dont have a handheld tablet but my laptop is basically one so could i control the disney train from it

Does your laptop run Windows 10? Try Power Up Your Bricks.