Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Disney Properties 2021 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Disney Properties (minidoll Princesses line and 4+ Mickey and Friends) discussion throughout 2021--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Disney Princesses discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Pictures of Raya sets have leaked in the usual places. The Sisu build looks very cute, although it could use some more pink/purple. The boat set is a nice little build and it seems like we're getting at least two of the three Ongis?

Oh, these sets are gorgeous! Sisu looks great and I think I’m getting all of these. Can’t wait!

Who are the two characters in the set with the boat? Can anyone tell?

Edited by Fenghuang0296

Both sets look really fun! 

• Sisu looks like a decent build. Too much medium azure probably but I’m glad it’s at least based on the final design and not the pink D23 concept art. Her head mould really evokes feelings of Elves! I’m shocked this set gets two decent sized side builds as usually Disney Princess sets are expensive but these builds make the price seem fair. The gate seems to connect to the palace too! I always like when lego does stuff like that. The worst part of this set is definitely the minidolls - it’s only the same Raya from the palace for €30. :(
  • The boat set seems ridiculously overpriced for €50, but I do like it. Both build colours are consistent (opposed to something like Jasmine’s and Aladdin’s castle that changed colour on a whim) and from what we can make out look like decent builds. The boat uses little to no pink or purple which is great for this line too! I also really like the fact the canoe/kayak piece comes in golden now! I can imagine people making some funky looking trophies or statues with it. XD The figures here are @Fenghuang0296 Boun (who should be using a micro doll’s body, as he’s a little boy) and Sisu in her human form. I’m really glad Sisu has lavender hair, as some toys have depicted it as white. It seems to be Gal Gadot Wonder Woman’s hair in lavender, which makes it same as the one in the 2021 mall. What’s most exciting about the figure’s is we’re getting a Disney Princess set without the lead heroine in the set! That’s never happened beyond things like Palace Pets and those lego.com exclusive minidoll-less dressing rooms. Oh and the more nougat figures the better! I’m shocked all three Ognis are included in this set as they all seem to have unique moulds.

I probably will get all three sets now! But I’ll have to get at least the boat on discount. :P

I have no idea about the media product.

But I really appreciate the clean builds. The dragon is quite unique but to me it suffers from the blocky legs. Lego gotta do something about their joints. They are blocky, colour fixed and limited in motion. I hope we get new pieces in more colours for mechs but especially creatures.

The boat with less than 300 pieces but 50€ would be really expensive but at retail I might get it. Also the new hair-straw-hat combo is cool. Would be really useful for Ninjago.

I love these- excited for this movie and these sets.

These sets prove it is possible to put out "Princess," sets without a hair brush featured.  ?

All 3 sets look great.  So many great parts and the designs are really nice.  This is going to be an expensive year for me for Lego.  That sword looks great.  

These look good! I'm glad to see the "large macaroni" pieces from the Mickey and Minnie Mouse set continuing to appear in other colors (if anyone at Lego is reading this, would love to have it in white!)

All three of the look great. This is hands down the best lego Disney wave in a while, with great builds and a good amount of new characters. 

-The palace was something we had already seen, but now we get to see all of the great details. I like the fact that there’s some more “regular” features here like a bed and a table, balanced with more whimsical things, like the secret weapons and the magical items. I love the colors, they are consistent and work greatly together. The figures are very nice. The full on adventure Raya looks great, and namaari is such a cool minidoll. Tuk tuk tops it all off, he looks very nice

- the boat is the best set in terms of figures imo. Both Boun and especially Sisu look great, and I’m glad to get them. The most surprising thing here is the protagonist’s absence, something that has never been done in this line. The Ongis look cute, but I’m surprised they made a new mold for each one of them. The builds look very unique for this line, and they’re full with detail. However, this is probably one of the worst priced Disney sets, a line that is already very overpriced. I’ll forgive it because of the five exclusive characters, but it is slightly disappointing.

- the Sisu set is cute, it’s nothing amazing, but it’s still better than most sets tbh. The value here looks actually pretty good, at least in terms of volume. Sisu is alright. I don’t love the vinyl pieces on the body, and the legs look really off. They could have definitely done a better job. The extra palace wall is a cool concept, and a great way to get kids to buy both the sets. They should really use this gimmick more in this line. Raya looks good, but I’m very disappointed in the fact that the hat is not removable. She is shown many times without it in marketing, hopefully some other hairpiece will work for when the hat is off. 

overall, this wave is great, and I’m glad they still believe in this theme. The builds get better every year. Hopefully more of the future sets employ this level of detail.

Both sets look great! The theme is getting better and better, so hopefully we'll get some larger sets in the future.

Edited by JintaiZ

Last year the shopping site libreriarayuela listed a bunch of summer Disney sets, but we only got two. The prices were also a bit off. I believe for other themes they were more accurate though and some of the sets listed were Raya ones, which presumably got delayed. 

So what might be in store? 

It looks like 43200 and 43201 are €20 sets for 5+ which might mean more storybooks! 43202 doesn’t seem to be connected as it’s 6+ and is rumored to be €50. 

The other prices connect to sets that have been rumoured with piece counts. 

• 43193 with 131 pieces for €30
  • 43194 with 154 pieces for €40
  • 43195 with 239 pieces for €55
  • 43196 with 505 pieces for €100

Either those prices (which are all adjusted as Liberia prices up their sets) all seem way too much for the rumored piece counts. Hopefully we’ll get set more info including names soon to prove these right or wrong.

That polybag has literally everything I'd most want from this theme: dual-moulded hat hair, cool dagger, and rotund monkey. Hope it'll be available somewhere!

Disney’s summer sounds really disappointing! 

• 43193 is a Storybook. Promobricks lists this as Beauty and the Beast/Ariel but I’m really hoping that just means the same style of those sets and not a remake of one of them.
  • 43194 is a Frozen 4+ set, I think it’s very unlikely we’d get new characters there unless it’s troll based.
  • 43196 is another Belle Castle, but this one isn’t 4+
  • Then they list 43195 as a Horse Show which is surly wrong and the other sets as coming out in December. That suggests they might be based off Encanto, which would be neat as the protagonist doesn’t seem to have anything to do with being a Princess. :)

It’s a shame that after becoming one of the six most popular themes Disney Princess doesn’t get a single increase in the amount of sets produced. :/ I know this year has more expensive sets, but it be nice to get more cheap sets too. :P

Looks like Disney has decided to release Raya as an upcharge streaming option on Disney+ like they did with Mulan rather than waiting for the politicians in California and New York to decide its safe for cinemas to re-open again so the film can get a suitable theatrical release). I wonder how that will impact the release (timing, availability etc) of the tie-in LEGO sets...

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Looks like Disney has decided to release Raya as an upcharge streaming option on Disney+ like they did with Mulan rather than waiting for the politicians in California and New York to decide its safe for cinemas to re-open again so the film can get a suitable theatrical release). I wonder how that will impact the release (timing, availability etc) of the tie-in LEGO sets...

🙄... As if this is all political theatre.

Disney was doubling down on streaming and realligning their entire corporate structure regardless of the current public health crisis anyway.  The pandemic certainly sped up the timeline but releasing direct to consumer leapfrogging theatrical release via Disney+ was plan A.  

I doubt  direct to streaming will affect distribution of products related to movies released- pandemic related supply chain disruptions is more likely.  Here is to hoping the long term effect is less branded disposable merchandise with the release of films in favor of quality, well thought out  toys like Lego. 😊

Pictures of the 2HY catalogue leaked, and there's going to be a 4+ minifig-based theme with Mickey & friends :sweet: I thought those were Duplo sets based on the set numbers, but they're not. Finally, we have a Pluto figure! :wub: