Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 80107 Spring Lantern Festival

Happy New Year, just like previous years dashed out to buy and build this.  Here is my review on 80107 Spring Lantern Festival.

THE GOOD:

• Looks stunning.  A good looking completed build.
  • Various interesting build techniques and design, like the bridge, way to build terrain, the pavilion, the bamboo tress.  
  • So many new pieces and new printed pieces and torsos.  
  • Compatibility with modular buildings.
  • Great value.  

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• None, but if I have to I probably single out the bench on the footpath but being an obstacle.  (This is very nitpicking) 

Overall, LEGO has outdone themselves again.  I think this is the best Chinese new year set to date.  It looks stunning and compared to previous years, this is the only completed build.  You can also easily extend this with different modular sets or create you own.  It's difficult to single out what is the best part of the set simply I love the whole set.  Although the package said 8+ but some of the builds will need extra patience and experience.  The whole garden just looks so lively.  I'll totally recommend this set and this is probably already a contender for set of 2021.  Especially the price is very good as well considering what you are getting from this!  Off topic, but the OX lantern does give me idea of the Brazen Bull.  Also is switch is right on the butt of the ox, which is quite funny to be honest XD

Edited by Pchan1983

Great review, I totally agree it's an amazing set!!

On 12/31/2020 at 11:42 PM, Pchan1983 said:

(This is very nip-picking) 

I think you have a typo there... thanks for the review otherwise!

Edited by JintaiZ

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

think you have a typo there... thanks for the review to otherwise!

thanks, corrected.  I've been looking at Bricks & Pieces, looks like all the new pieces are not available for individual sales for now.