Sign in to follow this  
Paperinik77pk

[MOC] Prinoth ALL - Compact Snow groomer

Hi all!

I hope this is the right place (I usually write on Trains forum :blush:) to present a design of a little Italian snow vehicle that I saw many times during my winter holidays.

It all started from this MOD of the "B-side" model of 42065 official Lego set:

2020-12-31_07-43-22

Since we had the luck to see some snow in these days - I wanted to have some fun and created the above pictured snow groomer variant. It works fine, even if the M motors are a bit weak.

Then, searching a bit on Internet, I found a lot of interesting snow groomers - and the little one I decided to design in Stud.io.

It is simply named "ALL" and the manufacturer is Prinoth, one of the most active producers of snow groomers and tracked vehicles in general (along Leitner, Kassbohrer and many others). Here's a photo directly taken from Prinoth corporate site.

csm_HISTORY_All_-_1_74306fc73d.jpg

As you can see, it is very small and it's a multi-purpose vehicle. As far as I understood reading here and there , it was produced with a small two cylinder, air cooled Fiat engine(the same of the Fiat 126), but it can be equipped also with other motors (always derived from Fiat cars and adapted) - like a 1050cc or 1100cc - I think in this case water cooled. 

Always from internet - it seems it has a simple mechanical drive, which allows to simple apply brakes to the left or right track, making the vehicle turn. It is a very simple and appreciated mchine, and can be found on sale for around 6/7000 Euros.

And here it is , in its favourite environment!

Prinoth ALL

Body is as simple and light as possible - with straightforward building and well visible studs on top (80's style!) :sweet:

Prinoth ALL

Battery is inside the rear cab. I used a normal PF battery box, but Buwizz/PuP are welcome aswell. I powered it with two motors instead of one since it was way simpler for me as a solution. I'd like to replicate the original transmission system, but I want to collect some more information on it first.

Prinoth ALL

Here's a view of the Technic chassis - each motor powers one track, as in Lego Set 42065. Final gear ratio is  1.667:1 , according to Sariel's online calculator. This gear ratio, with the two more efficient L motors, should make it a bit more fun to drive.

The first three "wheels" are inverted Lego train wheels, since I did not like the effect of treaded wheels on all axles.

I hope you like it - and l also hope this 2021 can bring better things to all of us! :laugh:

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk
Typo!

Very cute little creation :blush:

Any plans to make the rear compartment removable to convert it to the yellow version on the pic above? I assume there is some kind of cargo module available for it as well?

I think it is a cool model, but could be improved with some more detailling, tiles on the roof and maybe even the modular design i already mentioned. 

Thank you for sharing this :classic:

Nice one! Love the techniques you used for the windshield wipers.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:19 PM, Gray Gear said:

Very cute little creation :blush:

Any plans to make the rear compartment removable to convert it to the yellow version on the pic above? I assume there is some kind of cargo module available for it as well?

I think it is a cool model, but could be improved with some more detailling, tiles on the roof and maybe even the modular design i already mentioned. 

Thank you for sharing this :classic:

Thank you very much for your kind words and suggestions!!!

As far as I know the Prinoth ALL came in three distinct body variations:

• Full closed cab - like the one I presented - it was one-piece body.
  • Flatbed with small cab - like the yellow one you see in the real picture - it has a rear panel with windows immediately behind the seats
  • Canvas top - basically the same as  the flatbed, but the cabin has no rear panel.

The cabin has an underlying metallic tubular structure, which I believe it was extended for the full lenght of the body in case of Canvas Top and full cab solutions.

I think that the only possible "modular" transformation was from Canvas Top to Flatbed , but  the rear cab panel should have been added or removed in some way (maybe it was bolted - but I cannot find any information on that) :hmpf_bad:.

I prepared a rendering of the flatbed with small closed cabin (and I removed the studs on the roof) :classic:

Prinoth ALL - Flatbed Version

And here's the rear view (with a smaller battery box) :sweet:.

Prinoth All - Flatbed Version

Ciao!!!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk