Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] Mayor's House

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house.png

Dear Elise,

While I am stuck in Terraversa, I learned I have been promoted and now am the mayor of our new settlement Nouveau Oleandia on île Dionysus. Sadly I cannot be there, but I wish you keep the place running while I am gone. I hope to be back soon. I don't know when I will, but hopefully soon. I miss you. I need you in my arms.

I send Henri back to you from the front with this letter. Please keep him fed. He's been eating into our reserves, I fear. I jest, of course.

Sending all my love,

Emile

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_2.png

My darling Emile,

I pray you are still safe during this war. I have just moved in to our new residence here in Nouveau Oleandia. It is certainly different from the rest of the colonies! Music is everywhere! The colors are beautiful. You will surely love it when you return to my arms. We had a party to celebrate your promotion. Gilbert and William returned from their expedition, thankfully healthy and safe. Gilbert is quieter than normal, but I believe it will pass soon. And you sent Henri back! He's grown up so much over the past few years! I must ask, did you give him any alcohol? He doesn't seem to be able to handle his liquor. Henri ended up sleeping in our bed! Do not worry, not with me. He drank so much, he fell asleep on the nearest bed. I did not get to sleep in our bed on the first night in this new town! The party went well, otherwise. A priest even came by to check on us.

Do you remember the opera we saw before you left? It was about a sailor leaving his wife for an adventure, becoming trapped by the sea and eventually returning rich. Sadko. I hired the main actor to come sing and entertain for the night. I wish you were here to see it. You would love it.

Counting down the days until you're back,
Elise

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_4.png

Here we see Gilbert contemplating life.

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_3.png

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_5.png

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_6.png

Henri getting "lit" as the 2010s kids would say. William is watching him, judging.

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_7.png

Elise and a man hired for serving food for the party.

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_8.png

A guest and a priest outside the in-house office of the mayor.

nouveauoleandia_-_mayors_house_9.png

The mayor's bedroom.

Very neat house! I like where you are going with the settlement N-O. 

I do still need to get used to the polished look of those digital build however :pir_laugh2: 

Really like the way you did that railing with spears out front!  Nice work throughout the rest of the build too. 

Good idea to write 2 letters. Nice Mayor's House. I particularly like the fence and the tiled floor on the ground floor.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:51 AM, Fraunces said:

Very neat house! I like where you are going with the settlement N-O. 

I do still need to get used to the polished look of those digital build however :pir_laugh2: 

Thanks! I know there's a slider in stud.io that allows you for more scratches on the bricks to look like wear and tear.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:56 AM, Bodi said:

Congratz Kotz!

Nice job with the mayor's mansion, I like that fancy floor.

It's Oleon! We have to be fancy.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:30 AM, Kai NRG said:

Really like the way you did that railing with spears out front!  Nice work throughout the rest of the build too. 

10 hours ago, NOD said:

Good idea to write 2 letters. Nice Mayor's House. I particularly like the fence and the tiled floor on the ground floor.

Thanks! I considered using longer technic beams for it, but they just didn't look right.

Nice work, I am a big fan of the style you guys have chosen for Nouveau Oleandia and this is a great example.

It fits really well with the other building you've made for Nouveau Oleandia. The style is perfect. I really like the black railings and the spear-fence. I would've made both stories one brick taller, I think. It feels kind of vertically squished to me now, somehow. Can't really put my finger on it. Or maybe it's because the roof is flat...?

On 1/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, Ayrlego said:

Nice work, I am a big fan of the style you guys have chosen for Nouveau Oleandia and this is a great example.

Thanks! It's definitely a different feel from the rest of Oleon's holdings. And since New Orleans has some varied architecture, there's a lot we can do for the settlement.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get a Superdome...:pir-laugh:

On 1/2/2021 at 8:04 AM, Khorne said:

It fits really well with the other building you've made for Nouveau Oleandia. The style is perfect. I really like the black railings and the spear-fence. I would've made both stories one brick taller, I think. It feels kind of vertically squished to me now, somehow. Can't really put my finger on it. Or maybe it's because the roof is flat...?

Honestly, I agree with you. I think a full brick would be too high, but one or two plates on each level would work, along with adding some height to the roof.

As for the black railings, I'm glad you liked them. I used them on my first N-O build, and reactions were positive. So I think I'm going to continue with them.