Sign in to follow this  
Rook

YT-2000x

indexed.gif

My custom of a YT-2000. I finished his guy in March, I think. I took about 80 pictures of this thing, here's a few.

th_P1010646-1.jpgth_P1010647-1.jpgth_P1010657.jpgth_P1010660.jpgth_P1010578-1.jpgth_P1010579-2.jpg

th_P1010623-2.jpgth_P1010625-2.jpgth_P1010628-1.jpgth_P1010636-1.jpgth_P1010640-1.jpg

Edited by kimt

I don't know what this set is related to but it looks great. It looks a litle Klingon?...

I like the equipment of the scout troopers.

I don't know what this set is related to but it looks great. It looks a litle Klingon?...

I like the equipment of the scout troopers.

This is were you put Star Wars MOC's right?

Thanks I really liked making the backpack thing.

Edited by Rook

It's in the right spot and it's awesome! Thanks for sharing. I love it.

Thanks I really liked making the backpack thing.

I think Bobskink means what part of Star Wars has this set been inspired by Rook?

I really like it. Reminiscient of the Millenium Falcon but MUCH, MUCH better!!!

Edited by The Rancor

Oh good I was worried I was posting in the wrong area again. I hate being new. :blush:

Oh got you. Hold on, I'll edit the post to include that too.

Here it is: YT-2000. The YT-1300 was the Millennium Falcon.

th_YT-2000.jpg th_YT-2000b.jpg

Edited by Rook

A cool starship that is indeed, nice and detailed with a fine interior and really pretty playable too. :thumbup:

Your crew looks also very nice, well done! :classic:

That's one great build! The original ship looks even better than the falcon-type ship, tho the Falcon itself is classic :sweet:

Really awesome MOC and a sweet crew that is!

Best regards, Benny

Wow, nice start to your EB experience! Im very impressed by the build, very close to the Pics in detail.

Also very jealous of your crew :wub:

Keep up the good work!

Wow, I haven't seen a YT-2000 since playing X-Wing Alliance, I'd almost forgotten about it.

Now that I recall it, I remember thinking how much nicer it would be to fly one of these, sitting in the direct center, as opposed to the unbalanced feel of the Falcon.

You did a fabulous job here, thanks for sharing it! :sweet:

Heh, seen it before. Others of his are better I think. :tongue: People, though this is a great Rook creation, he is amazing and has lots of other ones that will amaze you!!

I like the whole "falcon Esque" thing. It could almost pass for the falcon (before Han and Lando Got there hands on it!) :sweet: ive been thinking of building the outrider lately, Ill put it up when its done,I like the way you did the cockpit,

Great Job!!

Edited by yorkiejim

Dunno nothing about no SW, but after looking it up in the SW Wiki i must say that this is a very accurate and impressive MOC! :thumbup::thumbup:

Not to be a nag, but you used a triple negative. You are saying that you dont know nothing, which means you know everything about "no star wars". so your basically saying you know everything about nothing? :tongue: Just kidding around...

Back on topic, thats a very great ship! your crew and supplies are my favorite. :thumbup:

This is rather a great rendition. The interior is wonderful and the equipment is quite nice as well. And it stays very true to the shape -- something I fail to see in many MF MOCs. Just two points of criticism:

1. I don't like the bright green. I think replacing it with a more StarWarsy color like sand green or dark green would be a better alternative.

2. I've never been fond of that cockpit as a YT-freighter's cockpit. I think something like the one on the UCS version or the second TLC version would be better.

Also, I do believe you've revived my fading SW interest. Good job on that...

This is rather a great rendition. The interior is wonderful and the equipment is quite nice as well. And it stays very true to the shape -- something I fail to see in many MF MOCs. Just two points of criticism:

1. I don't like the bright green. I think replacing it with a more StarWarsy color like sand green or dark green would be a better alternative.

2. I've never been fond of that cockpit as a YT-freighter's cockpit. I think something like the one on the UCS version or the second TLC version would be better.

Also, I do believe you've revived my fading SW interest. Good job on that...

Thanks. I struggled with a lot of things on this ship. Piece color was one of them. I didn't have enough of the colors I wanted so I went with what I had. My original story for this MOC was that it was a Yavin System based smuggling ship captured and used as a recon ship by the Republic. Time line wise I don't think that story works since the YT-2000 was build after the Falcon (YT-1300) however my main focus is currently building SW Universe models that didn't make the cut as official Lego sets. The fun thing is that sometimes Lego comes along later and makes an official set out of them any ways. I'm sure some of you have found this in you own building. I've built a V-19, TX130, AT-TP, & a Jedi Star fight w/ hyperdrive ring. All of which are now official sets. Sometimes mine are better and sometimes Lego's are better. Currently I'm finishing an Action IV transport in minifig scale. 5’6” in length!

Yet another super creation.

You must spend a lot of time building :tongue:

Keep it up.

KimT

I love the 4504 Millenium Falcon and it's great the way you've used similar construction techniques to build your YT-2000. It looks ace, well done!

I think any issues with unifying your shades of green could be resolved quickly and cheaply with a trip to Bricklink :classic:

Very cool, the millenium falcon should've look like this. :thumbup:

One thing though, it's NOT a Millenium Falcon but a YT-2000x :tongue:

KimT

One thing though, it's NOT a Millenium Falcon but a YT-2000x :tongue:

KimT

I know!!! I meant that the falcon should look like this ship, NOT that it is the falcon. :tongue::wink:

Very nice Rook. You don't have the falcon by chance do you?

I only ask this because it seems that you have used portions of the manual of the falcon to build the shape of the ship. I am not saying its a bad thing if you did this as its what I would do. Because its the only way to get the correct roundness needed, lego used those click hinge pieces to do that. I also agree with you that some official sets are just bad. Would lego do the YT 2000? Doubtful as most people will just MOC the falcon into one anyway.