Sign in to follow this  
hoiharry

[MOC] Small Art Gallery - Modular

Hi everyone,

I present to you my very first modular moc :laugh:. For this little project I mainly focused on the outside as that is where most of the appeal of a modular building is (for me at least :wink:).
For the outside I wanted to try and make someting that you could see here in The Netherlands and my main inspirations where the buildings in Amsterdam. I did want the outside to be colourful tho, as to make it fit with the official modular sets.
As the inside so small I didn't know what to with it for a long time. As an art gallery is mostly decorated on the walls, I thought it would fit well. Also because it's an art gallery, I wanted to make it look like the building has been expanded on the backside and thus make it feel more "modern". You can see the full album on my Flickr.

Hope you all like it! :laugh:

50774919927_cbdb553e5e_c.jpg  50774806861_78a7d530e8_c.jpg  50774919537_65c5687580_c.jpg

50774807231_4785423052_c.jpg  50774920267_027e985bcf_c.jpg

50774172068_09dc2fb02a_h.jpg

Edited by hoiharry

Nice build! I think the green baseplate could be replaced with a gray one though.

14 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Nice build! I think the green baseplate could be replaced with a gray one though.

If I had one :laugh_hard:. But thanks :laugh:

Very well done.

I especially like the brighter colours, as most modulars use muted or pastel colours, but the way you have utilised the bright yellows and pinks works extremely well.

Very nice, and looks very similar to the donut shop in the new Police Station!  On release, would love to see the two next to each other.

1 hour ago, caiman0637 said:

Very, very well done. Any chance of instructions?:grin:

Hahaha probably not, because I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

10 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Very nice, and looks very similar to the donut shop in the new Police Station!  On release, would love to see the two next to each other.

Yeah I realised that as well when I was finished. Probably had that image somewhere in the back of my mind while making this. :tongue: But thanks anyway. :laugh:

12 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Very well done.

I especially like the brighter colours, as most modulars use muted or pastel colours, but the way you have utilised the bright yellows and pinks works extremely well.

Thank you! I really like the pink and yellow as well. I tried to pick some colours we haven't seen that much on the official buildings.

Edited by hoiharry

On 12/31/2020 at 10:39 PM, Lord James said:

I really like how the color pops out. Lego needs to produce more of their highly detailed sets of this size.

Yeah I think they should do that as well. It could be very interesting if they did.

This is so darling. I love how clean the design is and the colors really pop! 

So I found this while searching for modular MOCs in the Town forum for inspiration. This is just spectacular. I'm designing a yellow half-modular right now, and I can tell you it's not easy to make that color look good, and you knocked it out of the park.

Also cannot get over how amazing that looks in between the bookshop and townhouse! Who needs a whole modular layout when you have that?