On 2/19/2021 at 10:58 PM, brandaopj said:

great job.

How did you fix the flipped the small panels on top of the the doors around?

I just put the panel from the left door onto the right door and vice versa.

Finished building the set (without stickers) yesterday, but ive already got one mod to mention.

I swapped out the central part of the engine crank with a 4L axle and a 1l liftarm bush as a spacer in the middle, to give the car the proper Ferrari style flat plane crank (the two middle pistons are a pair, the two outer are a pair, this is also true for I4 engines, the only V8 i can find with the lego Up-down-up-down crank is a ford engine used in the mustang GT350, which gives it a very different sounds from a Ferrari). Very nerdy, very insignificant once you put the rear deck on, but it matters to car nerds like me :P (i also corrected the crank order on the 42093 corvette and its b-model before swapping it to a porsche flat-6)

Next on the list are fixing the comedy ride height and figuring out where i want to go, accurate road-car (so rebuild the interior and swap bodywork to get near a GTB or Pista), accurate GTE car (so stickers and just fixing any bodywork) or even building a B-model, ive seen some pretty cool Ferrari B-models on rebrickable, if i had the space i might even consider getting a second one, but i already dont know where to put this one as it is :P

EDIT: also dropped the ride-height, as per this thread, looks heaps better

Edited by vectormatic

A quick and bad photo of the chassis with a 4speed gearbox sequential shifter and DNR selector.

320x180.jpg

A few compromises have to be made to get it all to fit i modified the transmission from the Land Rover (i'm no good at gearbox ratios :grin:) but i think it works.

I have not had to change to much so with a bit of tweaking (see the air intake) it should still fit with the original body work but i also plan to do a custom body GTB as I'm no sticker fan. Also so it fits with my Enzo and 599 GTB

The area around the DNR still needs work but I'll build up to the dash board and see if i can blend it in better.

I have also tried to change the ride height but I'll see what that's like when i add the body work.

Edited by Cardboy
fix link

Disaster just noticed the crank shaft is hitting one of the gears and is catching i think i can move the engine up half a stud to fix it and it should still fit in the engine bay

10 hours ago, Cardboy said:

Disaster just noticed the crank shaft is hitting one of the gears and is catching i think i can move the engine up half a stud to fix it and it should still fit in the engine bay

Thank god someone has added a gearbox, flappy paddles and a DNR shifter.

I was going to add @Anto's 6 speed+N+R gearbox and paddles (so no DNR shifter) like the real car but I might just leave it since there's this and I have a load of MOCs and one set to finish building and to MOD some of them.

13 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Thank god someone has added a gearbox, flappy paddles and a DNR shifter.

I was going to add @Anto's 6 speed+N+R gearbox and paddles (so no DNR shifter) like the real car but I might just leave it since there's this and I have a load of MOCs and one set to finish building and to MOD some of them.

Can you give me a link to that gearbox? I have not seen that one and I'm trying to improve my understanding of Lego gear boxes thanks.

Also there is a reverse selector in the centre on the 488 GTB wich is what I'll mod this into.

320x180.jpg

Edited by Cardboy

10 hours ago, Cardboy said:

Can you give me a link to that gearbox? I have not seen that one and I'm trying to improve my understanding of Lego gear boxes thanks.

Also there is a reverse selector in the centre on the 488 GTB wich is what I'll mod this into.

320x180.jpg

It's this, but with 2 speeds removed:

Edited by SNIPE

320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 320x180.jpg 

I have finished my instructions to add a gearbox D-N-R selector and sequential shifter I have also changed the ride height.

You can get them here for free.

Hope you like it.

21 hours ago, Cardboy said:

I have finished my instructions to add a gearbox D-N-R selector and sequential shifter I have also changed the ride height.

You can get them here for free.

Hope you like it.

I do :).

Can I ask what the reasoning is behind the sideways paddle shfiter?

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I do :).

Can I ask what the reasoning is behind the sideways paddle shfiter?

A few.  :grin:

Mainly for the knob wheels to line up with the gear selector you need 3 or 5 and I was having to many friction and space problems to make it fit, this works in the space and function won over form.

7 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Is the flex that bad and would using a bunch of extra pins and maybe rods solve the issue?

Yeah, based on the reviews I’ve seen of it, the flex is pretty bad

Hi, 

I was thinking if there is a simple "plug&play" way to add gearbox to 42125. After little googling I found 4-speed sequential gearbox
by Whathetech on rebrickable. So, I build the rear part of the car in stud.io and tried it with this gearbox.

51676498711_aa39ed4308_b.jpgferrari_gte_gearbox_4 by Peter Kiss, on Flickr

And it fits! It fits right into the empty space in the chassis. You need to turn crankshaft by 180 degrees, and put a longer axle on the diff output gear. Then this gearbox slides in perfectly. 

As on the rebrickable, red is output to differential, yellow input which I connected to engine, orange is shifter. Right now I did not build any paddle shift mechanism, because I am not sure if there is solution in such small space around the steering wheel. The gears can be changed by turning knob like in the landrover for example.

Whats the catch? I needed to remove the long red liftarm, so I do not know how stiff this solution is. I am also not sure about how seat is mounted, probably it is 1 stud in collision right now. And I do not have 42125 yet, so I can not test it. 

If someone more skilled can take a look onto this, I would be happy to share stud.io file.

51676743488_56aa06dea0_b.jpgferrari_gte_gearbox_3 by Peter Kiss, on Flickr

51677170549_f5dd2f3d26_b.jpgferrari_gte_gearbox_2 by Peter Kiss, on Flickr

51677170619_cd4f530b44_b.jpgferrari_gte_gearbox_1 by Peter Kiss, on Flickr

Edited by Peter1999

12 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

First the 42130 and then the 42125GT RCing. Gotta say you are making those sets quite useful. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, dude. Actually, I also motorized the 42083, 42110, 42113, 42115 sets in the past 2 years. Recently, I just motorized the updated version of the 42083 and 42115 by BuWizz 3.0+BuWizz motor+PU L motor. The next projects are the 42096 and 42110 BuWizz motor+PU motor version. Stay tuned.

Edited by WW Bricks Studio

Hi, the one below is my motorized version of the model.

• 2 Buwizz 2.0
  • 4 Chinese-replica of buggy motors
  • 1 Servo motor (PF)

I obviously started from the Buwizz instructions and adapted to the PF servo motor and to the various body works adaptations e.g.

• engine hood
  • nose wing
  • white stripe
  • rear wing
  • no yellow/blue parts
  • brakes calipers

51954380624_b4a9a82462_c.jpg1647937125975 by _mud season_, on Flickr

51954075286_ac93913246_c.jpg1647937125959 by _mud season_, on Flickr

I hope you'll like it.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:55 PM, Cardboy said:

I made a 488 GTB

Very cool and realistic MOD. Smooth design forms. But no comments, unfortunately... Maybe people tired from infinite sport/super/duper/hypercars? What do you think?

38 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Maybe people tired from infinite sport/super/duper/hypercars? What do you think?

We never get tired of those, it's just that the standards are so high that you need something really innovative  to get the attention.

7 minutes ago, Alex Ilea said:

We never get tired of those, it's just that the standards are so high that you need something really innovative  to get the attention.

Actually yeap, I will agree. And the standarts are getting higher and higher.