The car definitely needs a topic like this to look more like the real thing and make it better overall. 

Here are some ideas:

lower the car, fill all holes in the chassis and the bodywork, flip the small panels on top of the the doors around, get rid of all visible blue pins and coloured axles, different wheels, improve the interior by filling all gaps, make the side skirts out of some technic beams like on the 42096 instead of these stupid rotor blades, different steering wheel, ......

You forgot to mention forcing TLG to lower the price. 180€ is outrageous for this level of quality and part count in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Andman said:

You forgot to mention forcing TLG to lower the price. 180€ is outrageous for this level of quality and part count in my opinion.

That should be mod #1 :laugh:

I will skip this set as others mentioned is not as detailed, functional and interesting as the other supercars. Too bad as Ferrari is my favorite markey.

41 minutes ago, Andman said:

Just wait till its price drops. It will be available for about 120€ in the future. A 30 to 35% drop in price is normal.

19 minutes ago, -_-Husky-_- said:

Just wait till its price drops. It will be available for about 120€ in the future. A 30 to 35% drop in price is normal.

This is not about discounts. TLG recommended retail price. In this case way to high for what they offer. Compensation shouldn't be done by discounts made by retailers, because they will loose money that way and not TLG.

1 hour ago, Andman said:

This is not about discounts. TLG recommended retail price. In this case way to high for what they offer. Compensation shouldn't be done by discounts made by retailers, because they will loose money that way and not TLG.

It depends more on what price TLG offers retailers. We have seen RRP go up and up but not necessarily wholesale prices, that way they can offer what appear to be bigger discounts.

What's the point to start this topic if You don't have anything real to show? You just get offtopic, and that's all.

And all those tags.

@Jurss Because it's fun to discuss what we think needs to be improved. Not that I'm gonna buy this set (HUGE lol at the price), but I think the first five things to improve (in order of importance) would be:

1. more rigid chassis; the amount of flex in the set is crazy,
  2. 4-speed sequential gearbox with reverser (or even 4+N+R),
  3. lower side skirts, or lower suspension to remove that floating look,
  4. opening engine cover, and
  5. removable body work.

10 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

It depends more on what price TLG offers retailers. We have seen RRP go up and up but not necessarily wholesale prices, that way they can offer what appear to be bigger discounts.

I basically just judge all these 1:10 scale super cars from the lens of 42077

Edited by Bartybum

@kbalage has done a quick tutorial on how to lower the car, I'm going to leave that here

Edited by chlego

Just now, I_Igor said:

Question to @kbalage is: hvala tires contact with mudguards when suspension is compressed?

From what I can see, they will.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Question to @kbalage is: hvala tires contact with mudguards when suspension is compressed?

If you check the video at this point you will see that they do touch the mudguards. There's a reason why LEGO designed the set this way, this mod is for the ones who prefer the look over the functionality of the suspension.

Wow, that makes for a pretty dramatic (positive) difference! Still not convincing enough to buy this anytime soon (for current prices that is), so I won't be contributing for now...

On 12/31/2020 at 12:53 AM, Rudivdk said:

Wow, that makes for a pretty dramatic (positive) difference! Still not convincing enough to buy this anytime soon (for current prices that is), so I won't be contributing for now...

It is a good set but is like a 4x4 at first time.. but this easy fix will solve this ! Just the front lights is kinda strange first time, now I think is normal after a wile.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:39 PM, kbalage said:

If you check the video at this point you will see that they do touch the mudguards. There's a reason why LEGO designed the set this way, this mod is for the ones who prefer the look over the functionality of the suspension.

On any really low car the wheels will touch/rub the wheelarches or the wheelarch liners inside if the suspension is compressed past the normal ammount. Thats normal, but since the suspension on these cars is pretty hard it normally doesn't happen. For me this is no excuse to offer the car with monster truck fitment.

Edited by Gray Gear

Look what I found. In the instruction book you can spot WIP version of the chassis. The mount points of the shock absorbers are different (just like in @kbalage's video). And we can speculate that the initial model was lower to the ground. 

CaCzECx3YI4.jpg?size=1600x755&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=610d9bd298d6a4a1ff0c1a300a41a60c&type=album

Edited by apachaihapachai

IMG_5736

IMG_5737

IMG_5738

My improvements so far. It's not done yet, still got some work to do. I will post more pics once it's finished.

lowered the car, filled all holes in the chassis and the bodywork, flipped the small panels on top of the the doors around, got rid of all visible blue pins and coloured axles, improved the interior by filling all gaps, make the side skirts out of some technic beams like on the 42096 instead of the rotor blades, different steering wheel, added antennas on the roof like on the 42096, added a rain/fog/signal light to the rear, fake brakes at the front and the rear, moved the steering mechanism in front of the front wheels in order to attach the fake brakes behind the front wheels

Edited by -_-Husky-_-

I build a "spare-parts-version"of the chassis without the frames and with some brickbuild solutions (I don't own the set yet)

The chassis looks and feels a lot more sturdy than i've seen on video's

50871941396_aac82b3128_c.jpg

50871947101_760ba1590e_c.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 11:57 PM, JunkstyleGio said:

I build a "spare-parts-version"of the chassis without the frames and with some brickbuild solutions (I don't own the set yet)

The chassis looks and feels a lot more sturdy than i've seen on video's

Well, yes, the way you built the chassis makes it very sturdy because you used some small technic beam frames like Lego did on the chassis of the 42096. For the chassis of the Ferrari, Lego used bigger Technic frames which results in the car lacking structural integrity. 

@Husky Your version looks excellent, almost good enough to convince me to go buy the set :P As it is im waiting on a bigger price drop at the very least though, if i managed to snag the porsche at €110, the ferrari should drop to €125-130 at least.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:16 PM, vectormatic said:

@Husky Your version looks excellent, almost good enough to convince me to go buy the set :P As it is im waiting on a bigger price drop at the very least though, if i managed to snag the porsche at €110, the ferrari should drop to €125-130 at least.

Thanks man. I got it for 110€ because i had 70€ worth of vouchers. Should have been around 120 - 130€ list price.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:19 AM, -_-Husky-_- said:

IMG_5736

IMG_5737

IMG_5738

My improvements so far. It's not done yet, still got some work to do. I will post more pics once it's finished.

lowered the car, filled all holes in the chassis and the bodywork, flipped the small panels on top of the the doors around, got rid of all visible blue pins and coloured axles, improved the interior by filling all gaps, make the side skirts out of some technic beams like on the 42096 instead of the rotor blades, different steering wheel, added antennas on the roof like on the 42096, added a rain/fog/signal light to the rear, fake brakes at the front and the rear, moved the steering mechanism in front of the front wheels in order to attach the fake brakes behind the front wheels

great job.

How did you fix the flipped the small panels on top of the the doors around?