Sign in to follow this  
KevFett2011

[MOC] STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue

Only few days after christmas I use the chance to present to you my last creation for my STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 building series and of course it is THE scene of that series, so ATTENTION: MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!

[...] Another alarm sounds, and a lone X-wing fighter flies past the cruiser. As the ship lands in the docking bay, Bo-Katan asks them to identify themselves, but Grogu looks up, sensing something. The dark troopers stop their attack on the door, and turn around. Bo-Katan watches on the monitor as a hooded figure disembarks and walks through the ship, destroying dark troopers with a lightsaber. With his captors distracted, Gideon grabs the blaster and shoots at Bo-Katan, knocking her to the ground. As he stands and fires, Djarin leaps in front of Grogu protecting him from the shots. Gideon stops shooting, then raises the pistol to his chin to kill himself, but Dune knocks it out of his hand, then knocks him unconscious. Grogu reaches for the monitor, watching as the Jedi destroys the last of the dark troopers. Djarin tells them to open the blast doors, but Shand thinks he's crazy so he does it himself.

The Jedi enters, and pulls back his hood to reveal he is Luke Skywalker. Djarin asks if he is a Jedi, which Skywalker confirms. He then holds out his hand to Grogu, who hesitates and turns to Djarin. Djarin says Grogu doesn't want to go with him, but Skywalker says he just wants Djarin's permission. Skywalker pledges to give his life to protect Grogu, but says that talent without training is nothing. Skywalker adds that he will not be safe until he masters his abilities. Djarin picks up Grogu, and tells him to go with Luke and that they will meet again. Grogu reaches for his helmet, which Djarin removes, showing his face to his young charge for the first time. He tells Grogu not to be afraid and places him on the ground. R2-D2 enters, and Grogu walks towards the droid. Skywalker nods and picks him up, then turns and walks away, as Djarin watches them go with tears in his eyes.

50771043906_45c0e6e1e1_z.jpgLEGO STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

50770298783_7a84e6609c_z.jpgLEGO STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

50771043871_e1ec1de9fa_z.jpgLEGO STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

50771158207_3a8bc12921_z.jpgLEGO STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

LEGO STAR WARS THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 - The Rescue MOC by KevFett2011 - YouTube

Exactly that scene shows my newest addition to my building series: The bridge of Moff Gideon's cruiser at the moment, as Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 arrived.

Maybe you recognize that my creation shows 2 different scenes: first the arrival with R2-D2 and the other scene shows Luke with his green lightsaber in his hand and the hood on his face. I can't secide between the epic jedi lightsaber moment and the emotional good-bye between Djin and Grogu, the result is a two in one build. Hopefully you enjoy chapter 16 and the christmas days as I did and I hope you enjoy my build as well. Please let me know in the comments below what you think.

Greetings Kevin

What was your favourite scene or MOC from season 2?

Very nice build! I think this is my favorite MOC from season 2.

Excellent work!  What torso did you use for Mando?  It looks like Jango Fett, but his seems to be lighter gray in the middle and darker on the sides, whereas this is the opposite, so is this a custom?  Either way, your custom figs (Beskar Mando and Gideon especially) look great!