shellshock

[MOC] Police Station 10278 - Mini Modular

Preview of my 10278 police station mini modular.

8x8 base plate.
380!!! parts. Number of parts increased once again 25% compared to last year.
Height fits my other Lego mini modulars.
Stability of all parts was checked positive.

Contains two parts, which will be first time released in the modular 10278 in new colours (24246 tile, modified, 1x1 half circle).

I'm still optimizing parts/cost usage and working at the PDF instructions. Also have to build the real version to identify issues, so there might be small changes to the final mini. Expected final release mid January.
I'll add this informations at my bricksafe page:
10278 Police Station Mini Modular - Bricksafe

moc_policestation_shellshock_1.jpg moc_policestation_shellshock_2.jpg moc_policestation_shellshock_3.jpg

Edited by shellshock

Very nice and recognisable mini modular.  It's a shame that they haven't continued with the original mini modulars set - did that even contain GE?

19 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Very nice and recognisable mini modular.  It's a shame that they haven't continued with the original mini modulars set - did that even contain GE?

Yes, as far as I remember, it contained the first 5 modulars MS GG CC FB and GE.
Indeed a tremendous pityh that was not continued. We bricklinked the MOCs found online for all the others, since we liked them som much.

And this mini modular of Police Station looks great as well!
Will definitely compile this one or similar at some point.

Will follow your BrickSafe page, shellshock, well done!

Final design:

Made some small changes at the inner structure and changed the bench in front of the donut shop, as 4865/4865b in reddish brown is quiet expensive.
Fun fact: buying the set 8201 with 2 included wall elements 1x2x1 in reddish brown is sometimes cheaper than buying 1 single 4865/4865b part in bricklink (depends on location of the buyer/seller).....

385 parts:

MOC_PS_mini_shellshock_1.png MOC_PS_mini_shellshock_2.png MOC_PS_mini_shellshock_3.png

Studio file and PDF building instruction:
10278 Police Station Mini Modular - Bricksafe

Happy new year and happy building the mini police! Hope you enjoy :classic:

There are a few rare/high priced parts:
# 11402h (hammer in dark azure): You can buy the complete set 11402 or a single hammer 11402h. To reduce cost, you can replace the hammer and headlight brick by 1 additional transparent brick 35382.
# 49668 (plate 1x1 with tooth in dark orange) used as awning of the newspaper stand is quiet expensive, as it is unique in 41596 (brickhead beast). A cheaper option might be a common 1x1 plate 3024 in dark orange or the plate with tooth in flame yellowish orange.
# 35399 (flat tile 1x1 1/2 circle in reddish brown and nougat) used as awning of the donut shop is a new coloured part, first released at 10278 police station. So it will take a few weeks until this part will be for sale at the shops. Lego PAB already list these parts, but currently not available...
Nougat seems to be a re-used rare color since many years, so I can't recommend an alternative nougat-coloured part until 35399 will be available. Maybe you can use a medium nougat tile temporarily.

6173980.jpg 6186048.jpg 6328180.jpg 6328178.jpg

Parts images are linked from lego.com PAB

Edited by shellshock

I got most of the special parts including the new 35399 tiles. Unfortunately Lego PAB has not yet shipped my ~350 bricks order. So a picture of a real mini will take some more time....

Thank you all for your kind words!

@LEGO Instructions For You
It's an honor that you choose my minis to be the first MOC instructions at your YT channel. Feel free to put them online. My instructions are free to share.

Edited by shellshock

Just found an interesting picture regarding spare parts of 10278 at promobricks.de

So if you're already owning the police station, you can safe a few bucks by using these spare parts for the mini modular.
Primarily the new half circle tiles are included too. These spare parts will safe a few lots with single bricks.

lego-10278-police-modular-polizeistation

Edited by shellshock

Thank you! Your mini looks quiet nice, as you could include the dark tan accents. As I want to build my models with bricks, there are a few limitations regarding available bricks and collision rules.

The side stud of 4070 earling brick does in Studio not collide next to normal bricks (as the LDraw file seems not correct), in real you have to place a brick with hole next to the 4070 side stud to avoid stressed elements.

Unfortunatelly the 1x1 plate with holder above the left diamond also didn't collide in Studio... At building the mini these two parts are stressed very strong, so I had to fix this. Updated this to an inverted 1x1 round plate, now the holder fits pretty nice into the hollow stud.
Additional made a small fix at the inner structure to hold the right SNOT side of the 1st floor better in place.
And I had to change a plate underneath the vertical support structure of the soap sign into a tile, as the LEGO molding on top of a solid stud increases its height by 0,14mm...... results into slightly stressed structure.... 
Jamie Berard - "Stressing The Elements"

io file and instruction are updated already to V2.

diamond_holder.jpg

Edited by shellshock

7 hours ago, shellshock said:

20210207_113255.jpg

Niiiiiiicccccccceeeeeee!!!!  that's a great lot of mini modulars there with brilliant attention to detail.   I particularly like CG!