Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Buy ships for your MIGHTY fleet

Yes, unfortunately for me, LEGO sells at a much higher price than most places. I'm not exactly sure why this is. I better put my thinking cap on and work it out ASAP.

Well if you think of a solution please pass it on to me! :pir-tongue:

Is this on sale on an action site like eBay, or sold by other means, oDDerFisken?

There's a fixed price. About $135 I think. So as I told you, I would like to know if it's a far fetched price or if normal compare to eBay auctions of the same size. Or at least some that are a bit alike :pir-tongue:

There's a fixed price. About $135 I think. So as I told you, I would like to know if it's a far fetched price or if normal compare to eBay auctions of the same size. Or at least some that are a bit alike :pir-tongue:

Doesn't seem like an excessive price to me at all!

Is negotiating possible?

Is negotiating possible?

I second this, use paypall and you pay almost nothing after currency converting! :grin:

Is negotiating possible?

I'm not sure.. Maybe if I'm lucky I can cut off $10 of the price. But not sure..

hmm, looking at the pics i would say your getting a fair enough deal, if you could specify what currency the $135 is...

i just payed $30 Aus for a CC, the lot your looking at has the sought after pirate base plates, two worth $7.50 Aus the other about $4.50ish, beyond that i note an old castle horse, they can sell well, that also means it is likely there is a castle in the kitty...

i also note a plane, these can have helpful bits in creating smaller ships...

all in all however it comes down to what you are comfortable in paying...

i think you are not getting ripped off, i would say fair/good deal, just reserving full judgment as currency issue is unknown... and yes i am another Australian whom is fighting the inflated demand over here! i blame all the deal hunting mums!!!

hope that helps

regards

Cpt. PB

hmm, looking at the pics i would say your getting a fair enough deal, if you could specify what currency the $135 is...

Originally it's in danish kroner (kr.), but I thougt that was a poor help for you. so i converted the original amount to US $, since i thought that was the currency that most people could relate to.

i just payed $30 Aus for a CC, the lot your looking at has the sought after pirate base plates, two worth $7.50 Aus the other about $4.50ish, beyond that i note an old castle horse, they can sell well, that also means it is likely there is a castle in the kitty...

It's more like what I can use it for, than how much I might be able to sell it for.. but of course it raises the price when there's such tuck in it :pir-blush:

i also note a plane, these can have helpful bits in creating smaller ships...

Aye.. thats right (I've also just noted it).. but I think it's more for than for actual ships :pir-tongue:

i think you are not getting ripped off, i would say fair/good deal, just reserving full judgment as currency issue is unknown... and yes i am another Australian whom is fighting the inflated demand over here! i blame all the deal hunting mums!!!
Thank you very much for your opinion Captain PB.. and then tell me: what are all you australians doing down there since Lego is so expensive??

Thank you very much for your opinion Captain PB.. and then tell me: what are all you australians doing down there since Lego is so expensive??

Can not help where your born :pir-hmpf_bad:

and too young to have built up enough $$$ to move any where cheaper Lego wise...

besides if we look hard enough we can still get good enough deals... just need to network and work extra hard!

best of luck in making this decision!

regards Cpt. PB

My BSB was also bided from internet, in Hong Kong. But bid things overseas, I haven't tried to do that. Is it convenient? :hmpf:

With the dollar value at the moment i buy most from the U.S. and i live in Holland.

Shipment is usually pretty fast and i've had no problems so far :pir-sweet:

If only i could get my Ebay account to work...

It would definitely seem interesting but an opening bid of €120 (US$186) is already pretty high up. (Though I guess such prices are to be expected with Pirate Lego)

You think that's expensive - then check out this Skulls Eye Schooner transformed into the Flying Dutchman...

flying_dutchman_skulls_eye_schooner.jpg

CLICK HERE to view the auction

I've opened the link and seen it. How can he make the sails in to green color and the Davy Jones mini-fig?

OK, a guy is offering to sell his 6289: Red Beard Runner. With instructions. No box. Missing parts? No, but probably some (not a problem for me).

But how much should I pay? Any ideas?

Also, I don't know if I'm going to buy it at all, because... :pir-cry_sad: well, feel free to flame me, but the 6289 looks ugly!! :thumbdown: I don't like the sails. Even worse - the colour sheme of this set is... very wierd!! a ship in red, grey and white??? wtf

anyway, I'm waiting for your coments.

if you get it, get it for the parts... i personally hate the sails on it! custom some sails and all of the sudden the ship is 200% better, the colour scheme is forgivable in my opinion... if you moc it, it can look rather impressive, just don't pay too much, make sure you feel your getting deal...

regards Cpt. PB

This is actually on top of my wanted list (together with lagoon lockup), since I like it a lot from what I've seen in pictures (call me wierd :pir-tongue: ). I even like the sails on it, mainly because they're so different and not all sails are perfect, even though they are not realistic at all (but hey, it's lego). The hull, even though it has a nice colour scheme, could be kinda hard to use.

But if you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. Especially if you don't like the sails, you're going to be paying too much, since sails are the most expensive parts of this set (or just about any ship for that matter). There are however some nice and rare parts, like 2 1x2x3 curved top window/lattice pane in yellow/white and the minifigs.

update: this guy wants the equivalent of 90 EUR, which is far too much for me, since I really don't like this set.

I was thinking of about 50 EUR max, since I must save money for the Death Star. :pir-sceptic:

You know what, a set from the Pirates I really really want to buy is the Eldorado Fortress! I would gladly pay 90 EUR for it, but not for the 6289.

update: this guy wants the equivalent of 90 EUR, which is far too much for me, since I really don't like this set.

That is indeed far to much. I wouldn't do it either, and I actually want the set :pir-tongue:. Especially since I got my SES for just 7,50€ more (including shipping).

My aim for the RBR is also about 50€ max. Just get the sets you really want first (like 6276).

I was thinking of about 50 EUR max, since I must save money for the Death Star. :pir-sceptic:

I got a Red Beard Runner off eBay recently for A$110 which is about 67 €. It wasn't 100% complete and didn't have a box, but I think you should expect to pay around 65-75€ because there is still a reasonable demand for them.

I can create a search to help you find one for a good price on eBay if you like.

Thank you, Fluyt! After reading your post I know that I've made a correct estimation of the price of this set! :thumbup:

You're welcome :pir-classic: . Don't know if the prices vary that much per country/continent, but 90 euro's seems like a high price in every country (especially since I saw a misb 6290 (legend rerelease of 6289) for a 100 euro's a month ago).

I got a Red Beard Runner off eBay recently for A$110 which is about 67 €. It wasn't 100% complete and didn't have a box, but I think you should expect to pay around 65-75€ because there is still a reasonable demand for them.

I can create a search to help you find one for a good price on eBay if you like.

Are they really that expensive? Or is it just Australia? Because I don't think I've seen them go for that much in the Netherlands/Europe. If that was the case, I'd rather buy a BSB for that amount.

My BSB was also bided from internet, in Hong Kong. But bid things overseas, I haven't tried to do that. Is it convenient? :hmpf:

That depends...

Firstly it depends on

1) How far away the LEGO is located. Usually the further the more it will cost to send to you and the longer it takes to arrive.

2) The exchange rate. It's definitely cheaper to buy in countries with a lower exchange rate.

If you like your LEGO delivered immediately than no, it's not convenient, but if you're happy to wait upto 8 weeks then you can get some good deals if you're prepared to wait for them.

I find it quite interesting that someone is auctioning this:

Imperial Trading Post Ship in the US

Yes, this is from an official LEGO set!!!

83d0_12.JPG

This seems to be suitable thread for to offer BSB for someone in the forum. Some time ago, I scored incomplete 1989 Black Seas Barracuda on ebay. I bought some spares and made it almost complete. Missing pieces are:

-1x 4088 yellow

-two figures (captain and the lady are included)

-one big jolly roger flag (43p01)

- a couple of coins

Pieces & sails are in good condition, it seems this hasnt been used much at all. No original box left, but instuctions included. I also bought Legend BSB some time ago so I decided I'm gonna sell this one and keep the legend for myself. I live in Finland. The price Im asking is 110 euros. If somebody on the forum is intrested in buying please PM me

Here are a couple of pics:

img5005rd1.jpg

img5003qn7.jpg

img4991xn7.jpg

Edited by Antsa Antero