Juuso

42114 VOLVO 6x6 Hauler problem

Hi

I got a problem using volvo hauler. I can´t get pass the tutor trainin scene. Hauler run´s only 2-3 sec. and stops..? Bt connect is working and turnin left and right work well but drivin foword and backwards only  2-3 sec. calibration go through well, i think...

sorry my bad english...

any idea?

Juuso

Got the same problem, can’t get past the moving forwarded in the training and can’t cancel the training.  New build, latest firmware and app, iPhone 12 pro max.  Anyone have any ideas please?

On 12/26/2020 at 4:50 PM, Juuso said:

Hi

I got a problem using volvo hauler. I can´t get pass the tutor trainin scene. Hauler run´s only 2-3 sec. and stops..? Bt connect is working and turnin left and right work well but drivin foword and backwards only  2-3 sec. calibration go through well, i think...

sorry my bad english...

any idea?

Juuso

I know it shouldn't be possible... But just to make sure... Did you check, if the orientation of the differentials is correct? Check building step 105 and 324.

I'm now assembling my Hauler. Indeed, it may be that at orange changeover catch. I found que easy to see that, as seen from the lateral, the catch meshes with the upper and lower axle, but it has to mesh as well with an axle at the same height than the catch, which controls two of the speeds of the gearbox. Sorry that the description may not be very clear, bit just keep in mind that the catch has to mesh with 3 axles, not only the most visible 2. How that it helps!

So for me everything is in alignment, it will drive forward fine but just won’t allow me past that part in the app.  Driving backwards the app only allows that in a couple second bursts.  I installed the app on android as well as iPhone and have the same issue with the training and I tried a firmware refresh with no luck.  Mechanically it all looks fine.  Tried to mail Lego and will await a response in a week or two if I’m lucky

1 hour ago, HectorMB said:

I'm now assembling my Hauler. Indeed, it may be that at orange changeover catch. I found que easy to see that, as seen from the lateral, the catch meshes with the upper and lower axle, but it has to mesh as well with an axle at the same height than the catch, which controls two of the speeds of the gearbox. Sorry that the description may not be very clear, bit just keep in mind that the catch has to mesh with 3 axles, not only the most visible 2. How that it helps!

Are you talking about the gear switcher installed at step 42 in the digital instructions?

Now I and my son have rebuild the hole truck again, everlything is build correct as manual says. But same problen is  teasing again... hmmm..

In the trainin part driving  forward and backwards starts at 3. gear then 2 and 1, all gears works fine but only about 3 sec. But in trainin part In D position at gearbox it wount chance gear only 3 sec bursts

perhaps the problem is in the application....? Why app needs positioning  on phone?

Juuso

11 minutes ago, Juuso said:

Now I and my son have rebuild the hole truck again, everlything is build correct as manual says. But same problen is  teasing again... hmmm..

In the trainin part driving  forward and backwards starts at 3. gear then 2 and 1, all gears works fine but only about 3 sec. But in trainin part In D position at gearbox it wount chance gear only 3 sec bursts

perhaps the problem is in the application....? Why app needs positioning  on phone?

Juuso

So you hear no sounds of stress? Do the motors stop immediately or do they slowly stop? Did you try to forcefully update the firmware of the hub? Did you reinstall the control+ app?

10 hours ago, Andman said:

So you hear no sounds of stress? Do the motors stop immediately or do they slowly stop? Did you try to forcefully update the firmware of the hub? Did you reinstall the control+ app? 

Control+app is re-installed but how i can update the firmware? 

Motors runs a little lazily with some crackin and other noises, but i´m sure that all is in order, just like manual says..

Edited by Juuso

48 minutes ago, Juuso said:

Control+app is re-installed but how i can update the firmware? 

Motors runs a little lazily with some crackin and other noises, but i´m sure that all is in order, just like manual says..

The motors of course emit some sound but it shouldn't be cracking-like but instead of more or less constant whine which is proportional to the speed and not very loud. The linear actuators have an internal clutch which emits cracking sound when driven to the extreme ends and the linear clutch part similarly makes cracking sound when it's engaged. If the cracking sound comes from anywhere else, it's bad though as it indicates that gears are not turning freely but skipping teeth.

Just now, howitzer said:

The motors of course emit some sound but it shouldn't be cracking-like but instead of more or less constant whine which is proportional to the speed and not very loud. The linear actuators have an internal clutch which emits cracking sound when driven to the extreme ends and the linear clutch part similarly makes cracking sound when it's engaged. If the cracking sound comes from anywhere else, it's bad though as it indicates that gears are not turning freely but skipping teeth.

Cracking sound in not too bad.... I don´t uderdestand why calibration drives all the gears nice 1 of the time (gear axels are build wright?)  but in training part gears dosen´t automaticly chance? I think there is my problem... or firmware..

problem solved !!

XL engine is probably broken, we chased the engine other  and the problem was solved. The broken motor dosent work in 42099 set.. only 3 sec.

Juuso

12 hours ago, Juuso said:

problem solved !!

XL engine is probably broken, we chased the engine other  and the problem was solved. The broken motor dosent work in 42099 set.. only 3 sec.

Juuso

Then go ahead and call the customer service for a replacement. They should send you one with no problem.

My son and I are having trouble with the dumper shift.  Gears 1,2, and 3 all work, but when we try to engage the dumper, it doesn’t seem to fully catch. It switches for a second and then reverts back without engaging.  Any ideas?  My son thinks it’s a problem with the shifting motor.  

9 hours ago, VermontDave said:

My son and I are having trouble with the dumper shift.  Gears 1,2, and 3 all work, but when we try to engage the dumper, it doesn’t seem to fully catch. It switches for a second and then reverts back without engaging.  Any ideas?  My son thinks it’s a problem with the shifting motor.  

Posting pictures and videos helps a lot to troubleshoot the issues. Please use for example bricksafe.com or flickr.com and embed the images and videos here. What switches back? The purple part in the gearbox? When you are looking from behind at the dumper, can you confirm the following positions of the purple part?

3 o'clock - 1st gear

12 o'clock - 2nd gear

9 o'clock - 3rd gear

6 o'clock - lowering and raising the dumper body

When I raise or lower the dumper body at my volvo and then stop at any position, the purple part goes back from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock when the automatic gearbox is activated.

In manual and automatic transmission, my gears do as you say: 1st gear 3 o’clock to 3rd gear 9 o’clock, counterclockwise.  It tries to go to 6 o’clock clockwise from 1st gear, but now I see an obstruction.

On step 15, 2 grey beams of length 9 are installed.  The upper beam is the obstruction to clockwise rotation to 6 o’clock from 3 o’clock.  We have the orientation of the orange gear correct from step 42.  Step 77  shows how the grey beam obstructs our movement.

My son thinks the gear should rotate counter clockwise  to get to 6 o’clock.  Is that what is suppose to happen?  He thinks it’s the motor or hub not communicating correctly and thus causing the mis-rotation.

@VermontDave, I can confirm that the purple pieces is blocke by that beam. So, it cannot moved clockwise from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock. It has to go counterclockwise to reach 6 o'clock. That way the motor can detect it's position. Could you post a video? You could use Flickr, Bricksafe to Youtube.

So this happens, when you want to lower or raise the dumper body? Looks more like a software issue or a motor internal issue. Shouldn't be a mistake during building, because the gear switcher is directly connected to the motor. Did you try a forced firmware update on your lego technic hub? I doubt, that it'll work, but inure could try to reinstall the Control+ App, too.

Yes, this is what happens when we try to raise the dumper.  We tried re-installing the app to no avail.  How do you force the firmware update?  Do you suppose it's an issue with the hub? If so, I guess we should contact lego customer support and see what they can do?  We have the Dune Buggy control+ technic and it operates smoothly.  Granted, it is a more simple set-up.

Thank you

The forced firmware update is just a shot in the dark. Here is how you do that. If that doesn't help, I would contact Lego.