1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Nice curvy line with that red tube! Interesting idea to use two tires on one rim. Have yout tried how does it look with only single tire centred?

It is hard to see how you transfered steering from the longitudinal axle to the hub, got any closer and a bit brighter shots of that detail?

First of all, I'm glad you like it.

And yeah, I also got an idea to use only 1 tyre per wheel, but it looks absolutely horrible...:sick:

Finally, of course I'll make more detailed photos. :wink:

On 1/30/2021 at 4:23 PM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

It is hard to see how you transfered steering from the longitudinal axle to the hub, got any closer and a bit brighter shots of that detail?

Here's the steering system, nothing special here....

IMG_20210203_200616

IMG_20210203_200630

On 1/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Like the shaping you have there. How are the wide wheels made? It looks like you’re only using one rim?

IMG_20210203_200604

IMG_20210203_200545

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Is this really according to rules, 4 tires are used, treads for driving?

I think we are going into semantics here, but the rules state '2 or 3 wheels'. There is no mention of how those wheels should or shouldn't be constructed. As far as I can tell this entry should be fine as is.

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

I think we are going into semantics here, but the rules state '2 or 3 wheels'. There is no mention of how those wheels should or shouldn't be constructed. As far as I can tell this entry should be fine as is.

Yes, I asked @Jim. These wheels are allowed, aren't they?

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

I think they should be allowed, as they are built to represent one wheel. How the solution was achieved shouldn't matter, the outcome is that you still have only one complete wheel assembly at either end of the bike, two wheels in total. For comparison, there's an official Lego set (the Harley Fat Boy) that uses two rims to make a wider rear wheel. I don't see any difference in using two tyres, especially when they're linked together with the tank treading. If anything, this technique should be applauded.

Just my opinion, though! Here's another one: BAD@$$ BIKE! So many cool concepts you've shown here, I love the steering and the shaping. It reminds me of the Puma logo, or the Greyhound Bus logo. Either way, it looks FAST.

Edited by JRS86

21 minutes ago, JRS86 said:

Just my opinion, though! Here's another one: BAD@$$ BIKE! So many cool concepts you've shown here, I love the steering and the shaping. It reminds me of the Puma logo, or the Greyhound Bus logo. Either way, it looks FAST.

Thank you.

I'm delighted you like it because I put quite a lot of effort to make this shape.

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations