On 1/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jurss said:

nice 198x/199x futurism.

That’s the look I was going for.

Update:

I rebuilt both swing arms and a box to counter the backlash in the handlebars. 
Added a 2 speed foot shifting gearbox. I think with that engine, you’d only need 2 gears anyway.

50826393671_238c7a2ce7_b.jpg

50826488247_f61e8cdc38_b.jpg50826393841_e131a7ca4e_b.jpg50825646338_17dd02a835_b.jpg50826393676_6069301883_b.jpg50826488682_5ab27b3bea_b.jpg

It's amazing the amount of complex engineering you've managed to squeeze into this bike!  The radial engine is a work of art, and the steering solution is straight up genius! 

I hope you don't mind @MinusAndy, but seeing the way you've done the steering, and the fact i couldn't quite get my own idea to work as i'd planned, I've now gone a similar route, (push pull steering), but slightly different. Your bike has had a huge inspiration on my own work so far. I can't wait to see your finished steed!  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Dazzzy said:

It's amazing the amount of complex engineering you've managed to squeeze into this bike!  The radial engine is a work of art, and the steering solution is straight up genius! 

I hope you don't mind @MinusAndy, but seeing the way you've done the steering, and the fact i couldn't quite get my own idea to work as i'd planned, I've now gone a similar route, (push pull steering), but slightly different. Your bike has had a huge inspiration on my own work so far. I can't wait to see your finished steed!  :thumbup:

No worries. It’s a tricky one to get to align, particularly with the flex cable but it’s working surprisingly well now.

50832454456_e39182266b_b.jpg50832459686_edb4dec132_b.jpg50832544892_7fa1f54f16_b.jpg50832454636_758e0d7acb_b.jpg50832539442_e90aefa8a7_b.jpg

the bodywork is starting to head in the right direction. If I can include a rear brake and pop up headlight I will build them in.

That looks awesome!  :thumbup:  Perfect colour choice too!  Gives it a Kawasaki vibe.  It'll look right at home cruising the streets of neo-Tokyo. Definitely Kaneda's other bike! :thumbup:

Thanks! The white and red parts were stand ins while I waited for some more lime to arrive. I’ve tweaked loads of it today. Made it stiffer, changed the headlights, tidied the chassis up and made it even more green.

50842907832_21cf85f3df_b.jpg50842822621_1ec471edfe_b.jpg50842822786_ce833c1224_b.jpg50842098768_4e1877cb5b_b.jpg

Looks fantastic, the wheels are killer and so much fit the theme! Only the yellow handles look a little off IMHO, but could look differently in real. A similar looking part but with much greater color variety (e.g.  dbg) would be the older axle connectors. I hope you will make a digital model so I could study the insane engine! :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words. I agree about the yellow grips. I intend to change them out but I need to decide on an exhaust system first.

I’ll try and build a digital model of the radial engine when the bike is all done. I’m thinking about building one about 20cm diameter with working valve train etc when I’m finished building my A10 so a digital model of this will be good practice.

Edited by MinusAndy

radial engine

@johnnym Ive built an lxf of the radial engine if you would like a copy i can mail it over. I havent added the pistons as its pretty obvious where they go. Also, The 5 levers used to make the sides can be replaced with 6l half lift arms with a very very slight squeeze.

42 minutes ago, MinusAndy said:

Ive built an lxf of the radial engine if you would like a copy i can mail it over.

Sure, I send you a PM. Thanks!

@MinusAndy: I now have checked your engine and man, that engine is beautiful! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing the digital model with me.

BTW importing LXF in Studio works flawlessly, I just need to switch computers for Windows.

Ahh I’m glad it worked. I’ve not built many things digitally. (Or for real, I only just found out that there are 14t bevel wheels available, this is a game changer for me.)

I’ve nearly finished the bike now. The bodywork is about done. I’ve also added a brake pedal and a kickstand.

the brake pedal operates by forcing two rubber parts onto a “disc” made from a bevel gear on the output shaft on the gearbox.

im not entirely  happy with the linkage to the brake pedal but it works ok so I’ll live with it for the weekend and see if I can improve on it. Suggestions welcome.

50857840151_171e791620_b.jpg50857840146_64d52605d7_b.jpg50857940042_f08d9ff566_b.jpg50857839946_bf835a794f_b.jpg

Here is the finished model:

Features include:

Front and rear suspension.

Hub centre steering.

Shaft Drive with cool little green discs that spin as you drive.

2 speed gearbox operated by L/H foot pedal.

Rear brake operated by R/H foot pedal.

Speeder bike style steering.

6 cylinder radial engine.

Sprung kickstand.

1 piece removable body.

The bike was designed around the idea of Kaneda's bike from AKIRA. So its looooong! with a reclining cruisy riding position, Its not short on power but I imagine its a bit of a handful with all that crankshaft torque. I wanted to build a radial engine for a while and a motorbike seemed like the perfect place for one.

TC19 finished bike.TC19 finished bike.TC19 finished bike.TC19 finished bike.TC19 finished bike.

Thanks for looking, There are more photos of functions on my flickr and a video to come.