Versteinert

[MOC] Santa is on its way

Very nice build! I love the use of rubber bands for the gift box.

The car looks fabulous! I really like the use of stud shooters and minifig hands for the trunk and branches on the tree. What parts did you use to make the whitewall tires? They look really nice.

I love the tree build, where's that little printed stud at the end from?

Also the useage of various peices is amazing! the ice skate as a hood ornament, the clown horn as a horn, the rubber bands as ribbons ice cream as lights! all is just fantastic

Downright perfect! A build where something looks already fantastic at first glance and when you dive deeper into the details you see dozens of ingenious part usages.

Thank you all very much.

This was kind of an impulse build, so I used some ideas I already used before. The rubberband-idea came from some christmas-moc I saw last year. Unfortunately I cannot tell anymore, from whom this was. The ice skate and the soft ice bricks came from my Aedelston moc, that I also have build about a year ago. Btw the soft ice brick isn't supposed to be a headlight but some part of the front bumpers ;)

The whitewall tires are made with 3139 and 11209.

The tile 1x1 round with log print I think I ordered by bricklink somewhen, but I don't know where it came from originally ;)

What a fantastic and flowing vehicle. I agree the parts usage is superb; especially like the ice skate in the rounded plate for hood ornament, never would have thought of that very ingenious. Also nice to see that weird binocular-looking piece in perfect usage and the stud shooter as part of the tree trunk. Most excellent and visually pleasing creation Versteinert!

3 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

I love the tree build, where's that little printed stud at the end from?

Lists here: Flat Tile 1X1, Round No. "48"

Thank you both :)

@koalayummies Actually the weird binocular-looking thing is the better binocular for headlights. After submitting my Aedelston to the gwp contest, I learned that the ordinary binoculars don't fit exactly in the brick/plate system. The binoculars are slightly higher than a plate, while these new binocular-style parts are exactly two plates high which makes them better to include them as headlights in a "legal" way.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, koalayummies said:

What a fantastic and flowing vehicle. I agree the parts usage is superb; especially like the ice skate in the rounded plate for hood ornament, never would have thought of that very ingenious. Also nice to see that weird binocular-looking piece in perfect usage and the stud shooter as part of the tree trunk. Most excellent and visually pleasing creation Versteinert!

Lists here: Flat Tile 1X1, Round No. "48"

Thanks

Amazing. Every time I see this, I notice another interesting part usage; the stud shooter, rubber band, zipline handle... It never ends. Great job. You have made me rethink how LEGO works.

Hahahaha trying to imagine if this was what children believed instead of the sleigh.  I think it certainly suits him better than other cars!  Brilliant parts usage too - half of those I hadn't even noticed until @caiman0637 pointed them out above!

@Versteinert wow! This look brilliant! Can we get this one as a GWP too? :)

Could you please explain the technique you used to put the 1x1 round tile inside of the white tire? Is it secured inside and sits on a stud? I couldn't find the way to make the wheel functional and still secure it properly!

Thank you all very much :)

@adwind the round tile is stuck on a plate 1x1 round with center hole, which is stuck on a plate 1x1 round with bar as axle. The tile and the plate together form the rim for the old tire. This construction works well for a photography but it doesn't work at all for cruising ;)

On 12/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, Versteinert said:

Thank you both :)

@koalayummies Actually the weird binocular-looking thing is the better binocular for headlights. After submitting my Aedelston to the gwp contest, I learned that the ordinary binoculars don't fit exactly in the brick/plate system. The binoculars are slightly higher than a plate, while these new binocular-style parts are exactly two plates high which makes them better to include them as headlights in a "legal" way.

You could always say that it was a model year change. And that the released version was another model year. 

Did you try to persuade TLG that the new piece might work in the product?

On 1/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, Versteinert said:

Thank you all very much :)

@adwind the round tile is stuck on a plate 1x1 round with center hole, which is stuck on a plate 1x1 round with bar as axle. The tile and the plate together form the rim for the old tire. This construction works well for a photography but it doesn't work at all for cruising ;)

Awesome idea, it definitely has that vintage vibe! Thank you for such a detailed explanation :) 

Thanks.

@Bornin1980somethingThe new element would not fit in the front of the Aedelsten. It only fits in the front of Santa's car because of the other grille I used. The front of the Aedelsten only has space for some one-plate-thick element.

This was the original name of the moc that the 40448 vintage car is based on.

Or do you mean where the word Aedelsten came from? This is a creation of mine. I took the danish (ædelsten) and swedish (ädelsten) word for gemstone and made it a bit more writable ;) I chose gemstone as name to underline the deluxe classification of the car.