ZhNdcA.jpg

Hi all,

I start this tread and i still Don't know what i'll built.

This is obviously not for researving any idea *huh* but it seems important to me to replace this futur build in it's context.

I build bikes for year now. And there is a constant research of evolution through the time and each builds add a brick in the wall.

All begin in the early 90' with this model: My first bike integrates alreadu a gearbox, and as we didn't have at this time any clutch gear or changeover catch, i add to built my own. See below:

Spoiler

haSHok.jpg

Spoiler

GPiAJC.jpg

Next i get my first set with those precious parts, it came out the earlier 2010 and looks just bad. This period was already my first contact and Learning period with the studless system.

The bike had, logically also a 2 speed gearbox:

Spoiler

qye7g3.jpg

Spoiler

Kwr6ik.jpg

Some years later, in 2015, as the new technic build became to be some more natural for me, i produce this bike, based on a official ste that i tuned a bit. No gearbox this time, but a search on the look:

Spoiler

KXwtjz.jpg

Next comes the period where i felt fit with the studless build and i produced this one, it received a cold feedback, and wasn't even commented, but it integrates a tiny sequential stepper couppled at a 4 speeds gearbox. This was the start of a new area in my design line-up:

Spoiler

dw3nJl.jpg

The next one comes to life in a Strange way, begining to be a supersport green badged bike, it finished in an autrichian orange livery. With a new compact stepper, up and down shifter and a trail look:

Spoiler

hnj3X6.jpg

...that ends like this

Spoiler

Im7lm5.jpg

And finally this line-up was completed recently by my latest creation in date:

Spoiler

R7g8hh.jpg

So, what could be the next step?

One thing is sure, this line up needs now a real step further. I have no idea if it will be possible, but i dream about a 6+N gearbox Inside a bike, just as in real life.

I'll began my build around this point.

Trikky hours to come...

S.

Ahh, a new motorbike from you, that should be good. Really looking forward to what you'll come up with this time! I'll keep an eye on your progress.

Good luck!

Oh my,... such pedigree! Are you sure you are not just trying to intimidate us with all with this? :wink: On the other hand, maybe it is really harder for you, with many things already achieved on motorbike MOCs, than it is for me - I have never built a MOC motorbike and I do admit I feel tempted - although I don't know anything about motorbikes... We'll see how it goes... There are some free days ahead...

Best regards,

Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

57 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Oh my,... such pedigree! Are you sure you are not just trying to intimidate us with all with this? :wink: On the other hand, maybe it is really harder for you, with many things already achieved on motorbike MOCs, than it is for me - I have never built a MOC motorbike and I do admit I feel tempted - although I don't know anything about motorbikes... We'll see how it goes... There are some free days ahead...

Best regards,

Miha

Oh, no. This wasn't my intention at all!

However, all these builts are largely documented and easy to find on this forum, so, no. No wish of intimidate anyone.

But you are right on one point. It isn't more easy for me!

Pleased to see you in, BTW.

S.

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

Hi all,

I start this tread and i still Don't know what i'll built.

This is obviously not for researving any idea *huh* but it seems important to me to replace this futur build in it's context.

I build bikes for year now. And there is a constant research of evolution through the time and each builds add a brick in the wall.

All begin in the early 90' with this model: My first bike integrates alreadu a gearbox, and as we didn't have at this time any clutch gear or changeover catch, i add to built my own. See below:

Hide contents

haSHok.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

GPiAJC.jpg

Next i get my first set with those precious parts, it came out the earlier 2010 and looks just bad. This period was already my first contact and Learning period with the studless system.

The bike had, logically also a 2 speed gearbox:

Reveal hidden contents

qye7g3.jpg

Kwr6ik.jpg

Some years later, in 2015, as the new technic build became to be some more natural for me, i produce this bike, based on a official ste that i tuned a bit. No gearbox this time, but a search on the look:

Hide contents

KXwtjz.jpg

Next comes the period where i feel fit with the studless build and i produced this one, it received a cold feedback, and wasn't even commented, but it integrates a tiny sequential stepper couppled at a 4 speeds gearbox. This was the start of a new area in my design line-up:

Hide contents

dw3nJl.jpg

The next one comes to life in a Strange way, begining to be a supersport green badged bike, it finished in an autrichian orange livery. With a new compact stepper, up and down shifter and a trail look:

Hide contents

hnj3X6.jpg

...that ends like this

Hide contents

Im7lm5.jpg

And finally this line-up was completed recently by my latest creation in date:

Reveal hidden contents

R7g8hh.jpg

So, what could be the next step?

One thik is sure, this line up needs now a real step further. I have no idea if it will be possible, but i dream about a 6+N gearbox Inside a bike, just as in real life.

I'll began my build around this point.

Trikky hours to come...

S.

Ouch, when will the next contest be?.

15 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Ouch, when will the next contest be?. 

You're just in :wink:

According to the rules, building a buldozer, F40, or heavy machinery is possible as long as it has 2 wheels or 3 if it is a sidecar :cry_happy:

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

You're just in :wink:

According to the rules, building a buldozer, F40, or heavy machinery is possible as long as it has 2 wheels or 3 if it is a sidecar :cry_happy:

So I am already in, :thumbup: .

Take 01

After  some hours pass at building, here is the actual results:

ZpaUO4.jpg

It seems that may latest one will have a friend to race with :classic:

This said, those two bike will be very different. After attempting at building a 6 speeds gearbox, thing i actually didn't suceed, i just worked on what i think could be better done.

This step is important as it is the moment to setup some key things, 

First i choose a setup where the main frame is built strongly titlting to the front of the bike. The laterals panels bordering the bike indicates you the angle.

This mean some difficult angles to find near to the bottom of the bike, i'am pretty ok with the overal panneling disposition.

I put this angle in order of getting two things: get the mounting point of the oscillating arm higher and be able to pass the exhaust line under it.

Some view in progress:

7kKpbi.jpg

ZMb34N.jpg

1PQhWz.jpg

now, i have to built something that doesnt fall in parts when touching it.

This motorbike needs a frame and a gear box that doesn't work upside-down...

S.

I would need weeks for this, awesome. I just have finished my ducati and I was blown away with the panels work, doing motorcycles is another world...

On 12/25/2020 at 10:24 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Wow, seems that you are almost done ? Great work.

Really done, no.

In fact absolutely not.

Take 02, rebuild 01

After working on for hours, i progressivelly tryed to get all those things int the 'system'. And i am not happy with the result of it.

- The overal proportions become wrong, way too long,

- The 'empty spaces' between engine, frame and body work dissapeared, and it is not a good thing,

- I failed at building a further gen' gearbox,..

dZdZB5.jpg

However, the front end slowly find a form...

LeJ4dO.jpg

Small panel as shark sharpened looks ok, but nees better integration

uQk8Cg.jpg

Overall too large wheelbase.

What about the color combo: blue by touch / green / white?

S.

Edited by steph77

1 hour ago, steph77 said:

Overall too large wheelbase.

You can still make one of those "loooong" bikes from Fury Road out of it. I think these had a distinct look.

1 hour ago, steph77 said:

What about the color combo: blue by touch / green / white?

I think bright green would work better than lime here, lime just works better with black IMO. Though stickers can make a difference.

Apart from that I still find that earlier version w/o the upper front panelling the best looking one so far.

Your're right, black fits better the lime color.

Take 03 - rebuild 2

I decided to give a chance at another kind of structure. crazy angles all over here, but convincing results i found:

r3eoC0.jpg

laBV8C.jpg

Now time to fix proprely the front end...

0Bvmto.jpg

ie2BMJ.jpg

I am more happy now, The all engine block as gone to the front by more than 3 studs, the pistons are now already in a proper position (not in the fuel tank anymore), looks really better and more credible...

So much still to do here!...

S..

Edited by steph77

Take 04

It seems that the new frame gives quiet good results:

ZJEWQd.jpg

I also build the rear swing arm with a compact suspension setup and intergrated fender:

BmVOL5.jpg

Now, those two things have to come together, and there will be a problem...if attachement poins are barely ok, there isone stud of missalignement in the chain transmission with the gearbox entry.

I knew it from the very begining, but i put it along telling me i'll see this later.

We are later, and still have to look at this issue...

S.

Work still goes on.

Today i'll let you some pics of a prototype i build few days ago. This one was not selected due to too few fixation points for a correct frame.

It purpose was to keep all functional elements in one as compact as possible design.

This also gives you all a clear idea of what's inside my model.

As @Jim asked for inner view of the model, this section shows exacly what 'll happen in the final model.

Feel free to use it in your own built if you want! Competition is for fun first :classic:

Hope to see more models on the EB's higway

S.

UcbKd0.jpg

izjuwM.jpg

cG2D6j.jpg

6wqoWp.jpg

rjV4sQ.jpg

Pd8d66.jpg

oWjkPy.jpg

S.

Edited by steph77

Wow, you can definitelly see you have plenty experience building technic bikes. Not a big fan of all the stickers, but otherwise looking really good. And very impressive gearbox mechanism for a compact vehicle as a bike. +Respect

Very nice and compact, marvelous engineering!

Few questions:

1. It's a 2speed gearbox right? I'm trying to fit a 4speed in my bike, that limits alot of the possible routes towards the axle rotating the orange wave selector... 

2. Is that stepper strong/reliable enough to actually shift the gears? I've seen it on YT ('TechnicMastery' if I recall correctly) but it appears so flimsy... Maybe I just have to build it myself to check it out...

Just seen this thread and I’m in awe. Definitely a top class bike builder. You’re sports bike is coming along nicely.

as to colours try to stick to 2 or 3 max. Also black Lego can be difficult to photograph.

the lime works well as a bike colour 

1. It is a 4 speeds gearbox.

2. The shifter needs to be supported between two liftarm. The pulleys must be positioned on either side of the levers too.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Just seen this thread and I’m in awe. Definitely a top class bike builder. You’re sports bike is coming along nicely.

as to colours try to stick to 2 or 3 max. Also black Lego can be difficult to photograph.

the lime works well as a bike colour 

Thanks...and thanks for advises. It is true that black parts are difficult to photograph. Especially by this season with poor outside light.

14 minutes ago, steph77 said:

1. It is a 4 speeds gearbox.

2. The shifter needs to be supported between two liftarm. The pulleys must be positioned on either side of the levers too.

1. My bad, I see it now...

2. Thanx, I'll try it out myself and see if I can get it working. Looks like just what I need for my bike...

@steph77 I am impressed with this build, and I am happy that your ideas are getting traction with others here. You bikes have always had great ideas and builds, and this is another great example. I look forward to the completion of this project. Keep it up.

Steph,

Since my pets did not give me to sleep (they are a bit nervous because latest earthquakes) I use opportunity to peek into your topic. Based on fact that I'm closer to 50s than to 30s (my age) somehow this one looks the coolest IMHO

hnj3X6.jpg

42 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Steph,

Since my pets did not give me to sleep (they are a bit nervous because latest earthquakes) I use opportunity to peek into your topic. Based on fact that I'm closer to 50s than to 30s (my age) somehow this one looks the coolest IMHO

hnj3X6.jpg

I was using those liftarms as a frame thinking sure nobody has do it before, trying to do motorcycles is like to be a beginner again with Technic. Now I am working on a kind of bimota steering but I am afraid to look more of your awesome machines... 

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I was using those liftarms as a frame thinking sure nobody has do it before, trying to do motorcycles is like to be a beginner again with Technic. Now I am working on a kind of bimota steering but I am afraid to look more of your awesome machines... 

A while back (when I was brainstorming about Fastrac's hood) was thinking about making BMW R71 since it is visually very similar to Zundapp K500 that my grandfather owned until 1945...

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Based on fact that I'm closer to 50s than to 30s (my age) somehow this one looks the coolest IMHO

So we are both nearly 100 years old lego experienced designer :tongue:

I hope everything goes ok with this earthquake...

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I use opportunity to peek into your topic. 

You're welcome. I get this design built and never foud the way to finnish it. 

Be aware that this design give a wiiiiide  bike!