Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[MOC] Esperanza - 21322 Barracuda Frigate

Class 7 heavy frigate

50750339042_3fd1f89343_b.jpgEsperanza 1 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Another MOC from the 21322 Barracuda Ship. This time I built a frigate.

50749495948_c57e0cecd0_b.jpgEsperanza 2 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The middle part was answered to 6 mid sections. There is also an additional mast.

50749495933_d4ed1f71a2_b.jpgEsperanza 3 by Philippe, auf Flickr

12 swivel guns were positioned on the deck.

50749495913_0677c37940_b.jpgEsperanza 4 by Philippe, auf Flickr

There are 20 cannons below deck.

50749495988_0a30e5911a_b.jpgEsperanza 8 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50749495993_414942b695_b.jpgEsperanza 7 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50750239161_9bf0e425c7_b.jpgEsperanza 6 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50750339097_03edbb5548_b.jpgEsperanza 5 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Thanks for the close up photos.

The only part that looks kinda off in my eyes is the "nose" of the ship, which seems small. Maybe because the bow is tall.

In "Estrella" it looks much better.

7 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Thanks for the close up photos.

The only part that looks kinda off in my eyes is the "nose" of the ship, which seems small. Maybe because the bow is tall.

In "Estrella" it looks much better.

You're right, I noticed that too. The rigging is not good either. The time required to improve everything is too high. It's easier to learn from the mistakes and do better on the next ship. I improved the bow and rigging of the "Estrella".

1 hour ago, NOD said:

You're right, I noticed that too. The rigging is not good either. The time required to improve everything is too high. It's easier to learn from the mistakes and do better on the next ship. I improved the bow and rigging of the "Estrella".

Nice! :pir-classic:

I'm sure your next ship will be even better!

P.S: After careful observation of all your ships, I'll make an assumption and say that it seems that you like smooth and curvy surfaces and to mimic the smoothness in design that real ships have. And you are not much into the "minecraft" thing in ship designs.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

It's always refreshing for those of us who missed out on classic pirates to see ships built on the new hulls. This one looks amazing! Must have taken hours to build. Well done!

MAC

Beautiful Ship, very well done =) any chance, that you share the stud.io file with us? =) Want to try and experiment a bit with different colors and such =)

greetings,

Alamai

On 12/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, Bodi said:

Nice ship, I'm going to mod my barracuda too.:pir_laugh2:

Many Thanks. I would be happy to see your mod.

I also want to rebuild my real Barracuda ship with bricks. I don't like my rigging and masts at all!

On 12/27/2020 at 11:50 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Nice! :pir-classic:

I'm sure your next ship will be even better!

P.S: After careful observation of all your ships, I'll make an assumption and say that it seems that you like smooth and curvy surfaces and to mimic the smoothness in design that real ships have. And you are not much into the "minecraft" thing in ship designs.

You're right! don't like "minecraft".

On 12/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Nice shape. I think I might add a third window on the stern, but that's just me.

Yes, that would be possible with structural changes.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:53 AM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Really good figurehead on the front of the ship

Thank you!

On 12/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, iammac said:

It's always refreshing for those of us who missed out on classic pirates to see ships built on the new hulls. This one looks amazing! Must have taken hours to build. Well done!

MAC

Thank you! The working time was about 50 hours. Because it was the first time, I built a ship, I needed a lot more time than the other buildings.

3 hours ago, Alamai said:

Beautiful Ship, very well done =) any chance, that you share the stud.io file with us? =) Want to try and experiment a bit with different colors and such =)

greetings,

Alamai

Thank you! I share the stud.io file:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=193214

There is a lot to be improved. I wouldn't build the ship with real bricks like this. It has too many mistakes, but the idea is good. The sails are actually made of bricks. In reality, I use cotton sails.

The different heights might look good from the outside of the hull. They're a horror on the deck because I can't build what I want. Because of the difference in height, it was not possible to reinforce the masts on the ground.

******************************************************************************************************************************

User access

Full access:

Show design and parts information, allow Easy Buy, enable Studio file downloads

Actually, you should be able to download the file. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Edited by NOD

thanks for sharing that with us! bricklink has a protection for coypright issues:

Designs submitted for full or partial access will be reviewed to prevent IP infringement. While your design is in review, it will be set to Display only.

if you set in on "full acess" it should be available soon, when an admin took a look at it =)