BrickWild

10295 Creator Expert Porsche 911 Discussion

Designer video states that you build up to a certain point and then make decision about which of two paths you want to follow, with different sections in instruction booklet for each.

The interior of the model looks even better than the official pictures suggest! I'm not a fan of the color scheme of the doors inside, but at least it won't affect the look much on the outside!

I can't wait to see a side by side comparison of this and other models - the smoothness of the overall model makes size quite hard to work out just from the images.  I'm very behind on these, only having the two VWs and the Mini, but intend to catch up this year....

On 1/31/2021 at 4:08 AM, BrickWild said:

Recreating the Turbo model on Stud.io using Brick Depot's Speed-Build video! ;-)

50892136373_21766ec0a3_4k.jpg

Great job so far! Will you publish the file when the job is done?

On 1/29/2021 at 4:57 PM, Friscorays said:

Designer video states that you build up to a certain point and then make decision about which of two paths you want to follow, with different sections in instruction booklet for each.

You build bags 1-7 and then 8 and 9 for one or 8 and 10 for the other.  So you'll have a bag's worth of spares left over.

On 1/31/2021 at 2:13 AM, Coolusername said:

I wonder why they went with clear lights at the front and "opague" at the back?

I was wondering the same thing. Looks horrible.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, jlsm511 said:

Any idea if the VIP Gift will be online only in the US or will it be in-store too?

I’m very much interested in that as well !  I took the day off (February 16th) to get it in store, but it reads on the lego site that the offer is only valid by phone orders maybe ?...

On 2/9/2021 at 11:28 PM, Wimmer said:

I’m very much interested in that as well !  I took the day off (February 16th) to get it in store, but it reads on the lego site that the offer is only valid by phone orders maybe ?...

Bad news all, I've been also trying to find this out and did not come up with a great result. I went to my local store today as well as chatted with Lego customer service. Unfortunately, at least for the US, the Owner's Pack will not be available as a VIP promotion with the 911. The set will be available both online and in stores for VIPs on the 16th, but will not come with the Owner's Pack bonus. Both the store and phone reps mentioned it's due to challenges Lego is having in shipping the particular promotion piece to the US. The one on the phone told me they are looking into an alternate promotion, but there is no word at this time on what that would be. I am really hoping that if not now, they might figure out a way to release the Owner's Pack to USA buyers as I was really, really looking forward to that!

Just now, TheNiloJunior said:

Bad news all, I've been also trying to find this out and did not come up with a great result. I went to my local store today as well as chatted with Lego customer service. Unfortunately, at least for the US, the Owner's Pack will not be available as a VIP promotion with the 911. The set will be available both online and in stores for VIPs on the 16th, but will not come with the Owner's Pack bonus. Both the store and phone reps mentioned it's due to challenges Lego is having in shipping the particular promotion piece to the US. The one on the phone told me they are looking into an alternate promotion, but there is no word at this time on what that would be. I am really hoping that if not now, they might figure out a way to release the Owner's Pack to USA buyers as I was really, really looking forward to that!

Funny enough, just tried to find more information online and thebrickfan.com just confirmed - the Owner's Pack appears to be cancelled for all of North America, not just the USA. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-porsche-911-turbo-and-911-targa-10295-owners-pack-cancelled-for-north-america/

Well, that pretty much sucks !... The news is spreading online that it is actually true that the North America’s is not getting this promotion now. 
Now I’m also wondering if “shipping issues” is the real reason for this; not to speculate but I wouldn’t count out LEGO to be lying about the real reason... 
If you know when the sets for sale, what date you are starting with VIP promotions, and that America is probably LEGO’s, and definitely Porsche’s biggest market;... you would get organized on time, right ? :damn:

I guess now I’ll wait for double points or something ?... Definitely not in a hurry now to give LEGO another $150.00 for “nothing” in return. 
They are dropping the ball left and right lately with new product releases; get your act together !... 

Edited by Wimmer

56 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I guess now I’ll wait for double points or something ?... Definitely not in a hurry now to give LEGO another $150.00 for “nothing” in return. 

I think there is a Ninjago 40th anniversary promotion or something. Still, I wish TLG didn't have to cancel the GWP for this set...

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

So, is the owners pack GWP cancelled worldwide? Nothing showing up in European S@H this morning as VIP.

No, I ordered right after midnight and it was included. Guess they are out allready.

21 minutes ago, LEGO_duden said:

No, I ordered right after midnight and it was included. Guess they are out allready.

Doesn’t make sense given they must have had thousands surplus from the US/Canada cancellation which they could not ship.

Was the OP promoted on the site, or was it just quietly added to your basket when you put the set in there?

19 minutes ago, LEGO_duden said:

Yes it appears the owners pack GWP went super quick! 

I made the mistake of ordering mine just before 00.00am UK time, thinking that the release times are country specific. Though it appears it's European release time i should've gone by, as there was no mention of it on my order. 

Oh well never mind, i'm still stoked to be getting the set on it's own!