BrickWild

10295 Creator Expert Porsche 911 Discussion

2 hours ago, Ray Oliver said:

White isn't bad but I think red (as in classic Porsche Guards Red) would have been a better choice.

Either Martini racing look or green would have been a better choice. But white is ok.

Having a closer look at the picture and comparing it to some of the many 911 mocs I am not 100% sure about the shape. Let's wait for some more pictures especially of the rear which is the tricky part to replicate with Lego.

Vor 4 Stunden sagte TheDeeGee:

Ich habe keinen Platz mehr in meiner Vitrine, verdammt!

Dies muss ein Platz sein, der für das Jahr 1989 bestimmt ist.

Hi TheDeeGee, Ikea 10 Euro und 80 cm freie Fläche an der Wand und schon ist dein Platz Problem gelöst. ?

Den 911 muß ich mir natürlich auch gönnen. 

20201228_194424.jpg

Edited by MSnow
Rechtschreibung

Just saw a leak on insta from Promobricks.

€140

1458 pieces

Opening doors, bonnet and boot as usual.

And most importantly, you can apparently build the Turbo or Targa versions from the set, which is a nice bonus.

It also says ‘Vehicle Collection’, which I like, though I can’t spot it on the box myself, though it is a poor image.  

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 1/6/2021 at 2:51 AM, MaximusNL said:

More than great! Instant buy on March 1st.

To be honest, I wanted to release a Rolls-Royce product.
Because Porsche has been released too many times.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, LCP said:
To be honest, I wanted to release a Rolls-Royce product.
Because Porsche has been released too many times.

Well, there's never been a Creator Expert Porsche.

The 911 is also much more iconic than any Rolls-Royce.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Just saw a leak on insta from Promobricks.

€140

1458 pieces

Opening doors, bonnet and boot as usual.

And most importantly, you can apparently build the Turbo or Targa versions from the set, which is a nice bonus.

It also says ‘Vehicle Collection’, which I like, though I can’t spot it on the box myself, though it is a poor image.  

Working steering too! :grin:

10295-1.jpg?202101281038

Considering the level of detail the set has, $149.99 doesn't seem like a steep price anymore. 10265 seemed like the best Creator Expert vehicle but this is even better!

Edited by JintaiZ

Looks great! Day one buy!!!! (also because the resellers will get their hands on the GWP Porsche goodies asap)

Great to get the extra rims in black and glass pieces!

Front indicator looks like an trans-orange recolor of the Fiat side window bow-brick thingy...

I think i will build the Targa, but with turbo engine, spoiler and wide rear fenders, maybe switch the black wheels around and have a deeper look. And with the japanese plate it will look amazing.

And just prints is just great!

Wanted to post about this earlier but had technical difficulties....

Very impressed and the Turbo/Targa planning is brilliant.  I also love the dark orange leather choice - I’ve always liked cars with that colour leather. 

It will look excellent next to the others!

Looks much better than the leaked image suggested. All in all a very nice model. But it could and should have been more faithful to the original:

1. The mudguards, especially the rear mudguards are much too high.

2. The headlights are too big.

3. The windscreen and a-pillars look a little off.

4. The rear lights sit much too high.

5. The roofline and the c-pillars are too flat.

If Lego created a 1x8 mudguard as a new piece most of these inaccuracies could have been avoided. There would have been no need for that weird new curved slope and a 1x8 mudguard could have been easily used for new cars at the same scale. I will still buy it as it looks nice. But it could have been better.

Notice the prototypes all had 2x2 headlamps which look more accurate imo. The 3x3 dish is way too big. Dark red would have been a good color choice as well... anything besides yellowing white is in fact a good color for a display model.
o2sabiC.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

I am only worried about the white consistency, specially of the new parts in relation to the older one. I really hope that they did not f it up. But I have feeling, that.. Customer Support, here I come!

@legophisto Markus, are you copy-pasting this to every fan blog and forum now?

3 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Another "Porsche"?

Yes.  it's not going to stop many people from buying it though.....

I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't say 'vehicle collection' or 'car collection' on it.  I like that sort of thing in the new 18+ branding - and we've got 'botanical' - 'modular buildings' - why not this too?

Edited by Vilhelm22

I hope that if ever Lego makes a DeLorean, they will go with a 2-in-1 design.  One, a regular DeLorean, and the other, a Time-Travelling BTTF DeLorean.

My 10262 Aston is currently a Porsche, thanks to instructions on rebrickable.  Very good one, not too dissimilar.  But I will still get this, and rebuild the Aston.

9 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Another "Porsche"?

There's been a lot of Porsche vehicles in the past, but I think it makes sense. It's a car that many people have asked for so it will certainly sell well.

So how is the switchover to the other version? Do you build one version and if you want the other one you have to disassemble a lot, or is it like with the Mustang where you have tons of

extra parts to build the other versions roof and different axle and such without disassembling anything and to switch it back and forth???