BrickWild

10295 Creator Expert Porsche 911 Discussion

I ordered 00:06 in 16.2. And i got lucky and got the set with GWP today.

Edited by Coolusername

I don't understand why some are surprised when they do or do not receive a gift with purchase.  In my experience, if a GWP appeared in my cart at checkout, I have always received the item even if there was sometimes quite a delay.  Alternatively if a GWP did not show in my cart at checkout, I have never received an item as an unexpected bonus.

One possible exception is the GWP car from this January.  My order from January 1 still shows the GWP car as backordered but I do believe Lego will eventually come through and ship it.

56 minutes ago, jonty14 said:

I have just received my porche here in Germany today. It came without the GWP. I phoned up lego and they said the GWP was sold out within 15 minutes of it going on sale. I ordered the car at 5 in the morning of release and already GWP sold out.

Sold out within 15 mins? Sounds like they had about a hundred or so max which is ridiculous. What about all the sets supposedly they couldn’t ship to North America? Why haven’t they been reassigned to Euro VIPs ordering the sets. I think they had serious production issues here and just haven’t been completely honest about it. The last GWP that was highly sought after was the SW Carbonite Han metal keyring. No such supply issues there, and Lego honoured all orders.

53 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

I don't understand why some are surprised when they do or do not receive a gift with purchase.  In my experience, if a GWP appeared in my cart at checkout, I have always received the item even if there was sometimes quite a delay.  Alternatively if a GWP did not show in my cart at checkout, I have never received an item as an unexpected bonus.

One possible exception is the GWP car from this January.  My order from January 1 still shows the GWP car as backordered but I do believe Lego will eventually come through and ship it.

Because this release was a complete mess. They released this CET, which caught a lot of people out. I'm on CET-1, looked at the site at 00:30 CET and saw that the Porsche was available but no GWP was being added, decided to leave it to 01:00 CET which would be 00:00 GMT and the GWP still was not adding to the basket, so concluded that they were doing this one differently as it couldn't have sold out that quickly. Previously I've always got the GWP at 00:00 GMT.

I wish I never ordered the set, so will look at returning it. A few days earlier you would've got the Ox free, and next month there'll probably be another GWP, so there's absolutely no benefit for VIP ordering. Not even double points.

Other retailers will probably get this set in and they routinely do 20% off.

I guess your problem was coming to a conclusion that something was being handled in an atypical fashion with absolutely no reason to believe this to be the case.  As I said, if a GWP shows up in my cart, I expect to get it and if a GWP doesn't show up in my cart, I understand I was too late to the game and missed out.  To misquote Forest Gump, stuff happens.  Several GWPs have come and gone almost instantly in recent months.  The Yoda lightsaber that was included with Mos Eisley cantina set immediately comes to mind but their have been others besides the Porsche one presumably mostly if not entirely related to issues resulting from the Covid pandemic.

22 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

I guess your problem was coming to a conclusion that something was being handled in an atypical fashion with absolutely no reason to believe this to be the case.  As I said, if a GWP shows up in my cart, I expect to get it and if a GWP doesn't show up in my cart, I understand I was too late to the game and missed out.  To misquote Forest Gump, stuff happens.  Several GWPs have come and gone almost instantly in recent months.  The Yoda lightsaber that was included with Mos Eisley cantina set immediately comes to mind but their have been others besides the Porsche one presumably mostly if not entirely related to issues resulting from the Covid pandemic.

Yes, perhaps my naivety was that sets are listed as being in the basket, but stuff like this is different, particularly as recently there's been a lot of bugs on their site (particularly around GWP). I had no problem with getting Yoda's Lightsaber.

But at the end of the day, I'll be sending the set back to Lego. To have something like this sell out within 15 mins, which is 45 mins before UK shoppers are normally able to get the stuff is particularly off. I don't see why Lego are being defended for their worsening business operations.

2 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

Because this release was a complete mess. They released this CET, which caught a lot of people out. I'm on CET-1, looked at the site at 00:30 CET and saw that the Porsche was available but no GWP was being added, decided to leave it to 01:00 CET which would be 00:00 GMT and the GWP still was not adding to the basket, so concluded that they were doing this one differently as it couldn't have sold out that quickly. Previously I've always got the GWP at 00:00 GMT.

I wish I never ordered the set, so will look at returning it. A few days earlier you would've got the Ox free, and next month there'll probably be another GWP, so there's absolutely no benefit for VIP ordering. Not even double points.

This was my first ever VIP order (signed up for VIP earlier that day, 15/2/21). And it appears i too was caught out by the time-zone differences, (though having entered contests on Lego Ideas before, they always go by CET),  i guess i should've of really known the release would be done by CET.  I ended up ordering mine at 11:45pm UK time, so i definitely would've missed out by the sounds of things, though considering the high anticipation of the set and the worldwide popularity of the Porsche marque, it really comes as no surprise the GWP/owners pack went so quickly. 

I am a bit disappointed though not overly, as i value the actual set more than the card wallet, prints and certificate. Don't get me wrong, it would've been nice to have them as a nice little bonus, but the whole point of me signing up as a VIP, was to get the set early. 

Just finished building it, awesome model! 

3 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Alternatively if a GWP did not show in my cart at checkout, I have never received an item as an unexpected bonus.

I did. Multiple times even. Have had some extra's in the box a few times, without it ever showing up on my order. Last one I remember was the piggy bank. 

3 hours ago, Friscorays said:

That's the case with this VIP box for me. It's shown as backordered. I doubt if I'll get it (but am not losing sleep over it :shrug_oh_well:

20 minutes ago, Dazzzy said:

This was my first ever VIP order (signed up for VIP earlier that day, 15/2/21). And it appears i too was caught out by the time-zone differences, (though having entered contests on Lego Ideas before, they always go by CET),  i guess i should've of really known the release would be done by CET.  I ended up ordering mine at 11:45pm UK time, so i definitely would've missed out by the sounds of things, though considering the high anticipation of the set and the worldwide popularity of the Porsche marque, it really comes as no surprise the GWP/owners pack went so quickly. 

I am a bit disappointed though not overly, as i value the actual set more than the card wallet, prints and certificate. Don't get me wrong, it would've been nice to have them as a nice little bonus, but the whole point of me signing up as a VIP, was to get the set early. 

Just finished building it, awesome model! 

For stuff like the Xmas sale etc the offers go live at 12am local time, unfortunately for the UK this means that countries that are ahead can get the deals before UK residents have any chance. I'm sure with the Cantina it was 12am local.

Personally I'm not fused at the actual free gift, but what frustrates me is that it is a promotion to get you to buy the set and they have such low amounts made. And recently it seems Lego keep doing this (so limited it goes within 30mins?). I have a Vintage Car that is on back-order and I have not heard anything else on that. I'm growing rather tired of these deliberately limited offers.

You pay a premium to buy sets direct from Lego, and for this set I'd rather wait till John Lewis put a 20% discount on.

17 minutes ago, TheMainBricker said:

Personally I'm not fused at the actual free gift, but what frustrates me is that it is a promotion to get you to buy the set and they have such low amounts made. And recently it seems Lego keep doing this (so limited it goes within 30mins?). I have a Vintage Car that is on back-order and I have not heard anything else on that. I'm growing rather tired of these deliberately limited offers.

You pay a premium to buy sets direct from Lego, and for this set I'd rather wait till John Lewis put a 20% discount on.

I suppose we'd really have to know how many units were sold in that first 15mins, before we can calculate how many 'Owners pack' incentives were produced. 

Like i say, it would've been nice to have the GWP/Owners set, but my main motivation was just getting the set early, which i have. 

I say good for you though if you're prepared to wait for John Lewis to offer a 20% discount on it.  I'd be interested to know how often their discounts come about, as having just had a quick look, their prices seem to tally with Lego's prices (give or take a few pence). 

17 minutes ago, Dazzzy said:

I say good for you though if you're prepared to wait for John Lewis to offer a 20% discount on it.  I'd be interested to know how often their discounts come about, as having just had a quick look, their prices seem to tally with Lego's prices (give or take a few pence). 

John Lewis have currently got 15%-20% off a few sets at the moment, bought Old Trafford (20% off last week), the Fiat had 15% off, Star Destroyer has 15% off.

I think sets were on offer for half-term, last time it was around Black Friday. So roughly they have offers every 3 months.

I found out the japan number plate says prefecture Gunma. But i don't get why? Is there something special to it? And what does the 93 stand for???

5 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

00CET release? Not sure about that. I checked at 23:50? CET monday evening and it was already for sale, so I put it in the bag. I finished my order checkout and payment at 00:12

Were you just after the VIP pack. With no interest at the Porsche? VIP pack is 5 postcard size cards, 4 of those that are double sided. And a wallet for a few credit/ID cards.

This brickset forum link will have more posts on how early it was released https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/4851/uk-lego-com-deals-shipping-and-other-issues/p125 , I am not a member of that forum, so I can not see the posts.

/edit:

There's more than a few on sale on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lego+porsche+owners+pack&_sacat=0&rt=nc

And even more? that have been sold. I wonder how many of the VIP pack buyers were Scalpers. In earliers check I did see some that had already sold 3 of 4.

So I am sure that LEGO made more than 37 or whatever of these VIP packs.

Edited by Shiva
added ebay check

Think TLG should do more to clamp down on scalping. All very well limiting purchase quantities of sets like this to 2 but I’ve seen eBay sellers with multiple items so obviously they’re circumventing this using different logins and VIP accounts. Maybe IP check would make it more difficult.

Behold the Targa Turbo! Only one set used to convert it. Only some 90° bow plates and tiles and some grille tiles are missing. TLG could have easily included them but yeah...

...And some GWP flexing :devil:

lToUmXS.jpg

Q2QZKDC.jpg

ByeQ2zt.jpg

hNboJ1r.jpg

qnHHnVm.jpg

Edited by Coolusername

Well, what do I know... doorbell rang, and guess what did arrive after all?

Porsche.jpg

(the Porsche arrived on Thursday, the VIP package just now)

On 2/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, Coolusername said:

Behold the Targa Turbo! Only one set used to convert it. Only some 90° bow plates and tiles and some grille tiles are missing. TLG could have easily included them but yeah...

Wow, looks great! I was going to try and attempt it out of one set and glad you were able to crack it!

Edited by Milan
Removed block of pictures.

Build my Turbo today, took me about 4 hours.

What a fantastic model it is, best one so far from the Creator Expert line. The color white is perfect as well in combination with the interior.

And for the first time in my life i missed a part, pretty sizeable one too. Black 1x6 smooth tile for the rear spoiler. Had a bunch of my own so no big deal.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, Coolusername said:

Do you know exactly which parts you’ve added from your own collection? I’m thinking of making a Turbo Targa as well and want to order the extra needed parts 😊

Edited by Milan

On 2/19/2021 at 8:14 PM, TheMainBricker said:

John Lewis have currently got 15%-20% off a few sets at the moment, bought Old Trafford (20% off last week), the Fiat had 15% off, Star Destroyer has 15% off.

I think sets were on offer for half-term, last time it was around Black Friday. So roughly they have offers every 3 months.

Cheers for the heads-up. :thumbup:

No Porsche wallet or postcards flex for me @Coolusername, but damn that Turbo targa looks good! :thumbup:

Have started a little modification myself, though there's still more to come. 

50976555591_18a83ce143_c.jpg

50976668472_e55a59898b_c.jpg

50975866788_ea067150bd_c.jpg

50976671142_37d5aeb8e2_c.jpg

Can't decide what wheel cover colour looks best, but i'm leaning towards the dark grey.

On 2/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Dazzzy said:

Cheers for the heads-up. :thumbup:

Sweet!

Edited by Milan

@TheNiloJunior @astra

Please take care about your replies - do not quote the whole block of pictures, it makes the page unreadable and clogged. Quote only the text or a sentence you are referring to. Refer to site guidelines for more info.
Thanks.