BrickWild

10295 Creator Expert Porsche 911 Discussion

StoneWars has listed set numbers and possible prices and release dates for two new LEGO Creator Expert sets. 10295 is apparently a car, presumably following in the tyre tracks of 10265 Ford Mustang and 10271 Fiat 500. It’s accompanied by a potential launch date of June 2021, and a possible price of €149.99. That places it beyond even 10265 Ford Mustang, suggesting it could be the biggest Creator Expert car yet.

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2021/#lego-creator-expert-2021

My theories suggest it could be a Ford Model T, a car from a famous movie or maybe even a police car with Powered-Up controlled flashing lights!

I’d love to see an Porsche 911 of the older generation to be modelled as a CE car. My hopes aren’t at a T Ford though. 

Here are some things I’d like to throw out there:

Citroen 2CV

DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine (from Back to the Future)

Jaguar E-Type

Mercedes 280SL 

Lamborghini Miura (from The Italian Job)

4 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Here are some things I’d like to throw out there:

Citroen 2CV

DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine (from Back to the Future)

Jaguar E-Type

Mercedes 280SL 

Lamborghini Miura (from The Italian Job)

I’ll settle more than happily for an E Type ?

I want a Countach.

Or if you want to get into really fun concept cars, how about an Alfa Romeo Carabo?

Looking at the licences Lego has and what I think would look good in brick form (here's looking at you Aston DB4). I'd like to see one of the following:

Lamborghini Countach LP400

Ford Model T

Mclaren F1

BMW M1

Bugatti Type 35

Mclaren MP4/4

Porsche 911 (1964-1975)

Land Rover (Series II)

If I could get any car in Lego Creator form it would have to be a Citroen DS.

I doubt it's going to be a movie car this time - Mike Psiaki said in a recent interview for Brickset that "10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 was well-received so there is evident interest in movie vehicles. We do want to maintain focus upon real vehicles as well though, hence leaving a gap between the 2018 model and 10274 ECTO-1."

Also, the rumoured price suggests a parts count between 1600 and 1800 pieces, so maybe it's going to be something bigger than the Mustang (possibly a truck ?), or a smaller car but at a bigger scale (like the Ford Model T or Citroën 2CV suggested previously).

On jedijackpenguin's site the release date has changed to March 2021 which makes sense following the release of the Fiat 500 last year on March 1st.

As the first unbranded car in the 18+ range (the Fiat was the last under Creator Expert) this will be the first to be branded with 'Vehicle Collection' assuming that that's what it is - I'd have guessed car collection but it needs to be able to include the Harley and similar future models.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Correct .. it's a Porsche 911 SC modell which can be built as 911 targa or 911 turbo. Color is grandprix white. 1,458pcs, release March 1st (VIP launch two weeks earlier)

It's a Porsche 911 image.
It is scheduled to be released on March 1st.

The Porsche 911 looks amazing and more importantly, very accurate! I'm really glad that there is an efficient system for steering.

Here's some quick thoughts:

Pros:

• Amazing looks!
  • Headlights are neither too big nor too small
  • Impressive accuracy
  • Almost stud-free!
  • The seats look great
  • Huge update compared to 10271

Cons:

• $149.99 seems steep
Edited by JintaiZ

Very nice!  Will certainly be picking this up eventually, though I’m seriously behind on vehicles...

On 1/5/2021 at 3:27 PM, LCP said:
It's a Porsche 911 image.
It is scheduled to be released on March 1st.

More than great! Instant buy on March 1st.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:21 AM, legophisto said:

I would also love a classic 911 as a Creator Expert car. But I don't think we will ever get one sadly.

I was never so happy to be wrong like this time. ???

I have to say that really looks amazing, and it's almost tempting to sell off my technic mack truck to make space for it, even though at the same time I still want the Fiat. Argh limited shelf space!

The new curved mudguard piece is also very neat - I wonder what other sets it'll show up in, and the only thing that comes in mind is a separatist AAT.

I love the shaping but am surprised they went with another smaller form car so soon after the Fiat (unless we count the Ecto 1, which I should since I got that).

But if I count that, then the choice of white is odd as that just comes across as too similar for sets on shelves at the same time. Still I’m glad they went with a classic color as opposed to one of the newer ones (if it was teal like our neighborhood hoon I may have screamed).

Really interested to see more angles and features on this one. Unlike the Fiat that had to spend a few days to grow on me, this is immediately awesome (like the Mustang was).

Due to $$$ probably not a day one purchase, but definitely a strong hint for my birthday in May 

Edited by Scotticus the White

Unlike the other models in the re-branded Expert line, I can't see anywhere on the box that this is part of a "collection".  I thought it would have "Vehicle Collection" or "Classic Car Collection" or something like that.  Same with the Ecto-1.  But then I thought maybe that is part of a movie-car collection, like the DB5.  Perhaps Lego is staying away from labelling the cars as part of any collection and are selling them just as they are.  

Are those wheel arch parts the same as in the VW Beetle?

31 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

Unlike the other models in the re-branded Expert line, I can't see anywhere on the box that this is part of a "collection".  I thought it would have "Vehicle Collection" or "Classic Car Collection" or something like that.  Same with the Ecto-1.  But then I thought maybe that is part of a movie-car collection, like the DB5.  Perhaps Lego is staying away from labelling the cars as part of any collection and are selling them just as they are.  

Good point. It's not a car, but the Crocodile Locomotive also does not have a 'train collection' or similar label.  Not sure why.

Great stuff, this one! We will definitely buy it.
Very happy the colour is a classy white, and not something hysterical, like the beetle :wink:.

(Loved the beetle, but hated that colour choice. We still bought it, of course...)

PS Not sure that pic above is allowed here.

41 minutes ago, Ray Oliver said:

White isn't bad but I think red (as in classic Porsche Guards Red) would have been a better choice.

Thing is we've already had the Ferrari and the London bus in red, plus the VW campervan at the start.  It makes another red car extremely unlikely.

I have no more room in my display cabinet damn it !

Maybe i need to find a spot outside of it for the 1989 Batmobile, as it takes up an entire level which can house 2 creator cars.

Edited by TheDeeGee