JackJonespaw

[REVIEW] 75301 Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Great review and I agree. I had to modify this X-Wing quite a bit when I got my copy.

My collection was lacking a Leia and a pilot Luke so the figures pushed me over the edge. Living in Japan I was hoping the "budget-line" feel of this would transfer over but I ended up paying what US customers paid for their Resistance X-Wings. That was not good but it is way less than half the price of the 2018 one so had to bite the bullet to add this ship to my fleet.

I feel my modifications made it more displayable and enjoyable and it looks like a stepping stone to the T-70 in Grey that I got a few years back. I might mod the nose on it a bit more but don't feel like taking that whole nose assembly apart just to do that. Still for those without one or on a budget you cant really go wrong here. The figure selection is nice and if you take the time to do a few simple mods your X-Wing will look nice on your shelf.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:36 AM, russs15 said:

Personally, I think this set is flawed and potentially dangerous, especially for the kids that the set is designed for. The front landing gear clip does not properly connect to anything and just sort of hangs in place falling off far too easily. With the nose facing the floor, two of the ends of the laser canons fell off. With the slightest of nudges, R2 falls out and the nose fell apart a couple of times just while I was holding the ship to fix on the wings. I would imagine after a good swooshing session that quite a few bits would be missing. These are all fixable and I hope that Lego do so quickly before someone's baby brother or sister finds the missing bits on the floor first!!!!!!! On a plus point, the wing mechanism is pure genius and worth the purchase price just to build that!

Having actually purchased/built the X-Wing, this... isn't really that accurate? No pieces have fallen off thus far (after a solid amount of swooshing), and the front landing gear is clipped to the base (albeit not very well - while it does flop around, there's no danger of it falling off) - maybe you're just connecting the bricks really loosely? I did have an issue during building with some pieces occasionally not sticking together, but it just required minor pushing on them to fix.

I finally built this set today. I love the final look but some aspects that others have mentioned niggle a bit. The front landing gear is extremely floppy (although this doesn't really matter to me as I like to swoosh it!) and I'm slightly disappointed the wings sag so that they touch at the ends. In all, though, the set is great — a reasonably detailed and slick model in a compact frame that doesn't break the bank. I like it.