Presenting another of my Danish State Railways’ (DSB) locomotives - redesigned from 7-wide to 8-wide and digitally rendered but already built and tested :classic:

DSB Litra MK

The Danish State Railways (DSB) first radio control shunter Litra MK was built by Siemens/Vossloh in Germany as type VSFT G322.

25 were built from 1996 to 1998.

All but one shunter were transferred to DSB subsidiary Railion in 2001 and DB Schenker Rail in 2007.

My model:

DSB Gods version.

Scale: 1:45
Length: 27 studs
Width: 8 studs
Bricks: 586
Locomotion: 1 x M-motor (PF)
Gear ratio: 1:1
Power: 1 x 9v battery with 1 x PF custom adapter
Control: SBrick
Designed: 2020 (third attempt at the class)
(Very slightly) updated: 2023

Very high setting render from Stud.io with custom decals added in the PartDesigner tool.

50741232311_8baf28be83_b.jpg

50743102006_89705cef00_b.jpg

50742392968_7d3cc80640_b.jpg

Rear with the hidden SBrick inside:

50741605658_4643297ed1_b.jpg

Removable hood for easy placement of the 9v battery inside - likely a 800 mAh rechargeable Li-Po one:

50744094261_e77c9c1598_b.jpg

The mechanical power transmission technique with 1:1 gearing:

50741776991_e40432a48b_b.jpg

On a tableau at exhibitions:

52979404596_a76990dc52_b.jpg

Link to my NedTrain Vossloh G 400 B and other liveries based on my design :classic:

My earlier 7-wide version was rather fragile and prone to implosions when handled wrong but this time around the construction is pretty solid and the mechanical power transmission much better with surprising pulling capability.

Long live 8-wide :grin:

Edited by dtomsen

Great model! I always admire people being able to fit so many electronical components and details into such a small model - very impressive. Would love to have this on my layout!

May I ask what kind of custom adapter you have used? I consider using a custom power source myself, but no idea where to start. 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, Amoreternum said:

Great model! I always admire people being able to fit so many electronical components and details into such a small model - very impressive. Would love to have this on my layout!

May I ask what kind of custom adapter you have used? I consider using a custom power source myself, but no idea where to start. 

I use this one...

Unfortunately the guy closed shop in mid-2018 :cry_sad:

Edited by dtomsen

Not sure why but most of the pictures in this thread won't load for me...

Do you know if there's any electronics in that adapter? I've made a similar one recently. I bought a pack of rechargeable 9V batteries and they came with the button connectors with a wire attached. So I took a PF cable, opened a connector and put it on the wire from the button connector. Initial tests look ok but I haven't tested it with a heavy train or a long run.

1 hour ago, Duq said:

Not sure why but most of the pictures in this thread won't load for me...

Do you know if there's any electronics in that adapter? I've made a similar one recently. I bought a pack of rechargeable 9V batteries and they came with the button connectors with a wire attached. So I took a PF cable, opened a connector and put it on the wire from the button connector. Initial tests look ok but I haven't tested it with a heavy train or a long run.

Fixed :look:

I haven't tried to cut open the adapter but I'm pretty there isn't any electronics inside it.

Only thing that I found that matters is which cables are connected to the PF cable. Motors use different cables than receivers, so far I have not been able to connect them in a way that makes both work - the two cables on the outside are for using a receiver, the two on the inside for a motor if that helps.

Very nice to see the actual thing running!  I saw your model on the Brick Train Awards Instagram - I wish you the best of luck!