I just realized that the set will be available on Thursday. Normally that means that it will be delivered on Friday, with express shipment (DHL Express). But this time it is Easter that weekend. Does that mean that I wont get the shuttle delivered until Tuesday? Personally I dont celebrate Easter (nor other holidays at all) so there is as 4 days weekend between me and my new Lego Space Shuttle? :( 

22 hours ago, petero said:

1800 points only represents about $15 of spending, so I'm not expecting too much from it. It will still be cool though. I'm hoping it's tied to the Shuttle purchase.

Peter

I hope it'll be more impressive than that but you're right...it'll probably be a polybag or some such. We'll know soon, i guess.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, petero said:

1800 points only represents about $15 of spending, so I'm not expecting too much from it. It will still be cool though. I'm hoping it's tied to the Shuttle purchase.

Peter

Or the promo is subsidized by buying the set itself and it gated so you have to buy the shuttle to be able to get it.

38 minutes ago, Mosse1997 said:

Anything new about GWP?

Don’t believe there is one just the poster and probe VIP rewards.

Edited by Andyperkins

21 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Don’t believe there is one just the poster and probe VIP rewards.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the VIP points-thing. But there is not images out yet?

7 minutes ago, Mosse1997 said:

But there is not images out yet?

Seems not. Just over 24hrs before release too.

I’ve changed my mind about early purchase though, just don’t have the space (no pun intended!) for the Shuttle but would love the Hubble. Wonder what are the chances I’ll be able to pick it up separately?

Image of the Ulysses space probe was posted on Instagram about an hour ago.  I’ll be honest, I’m pretty disappointed.  It’s minute, and I think it’s pretty basic too - there’s a lot of greebling that could have been done but wasn’t....

6 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Image of the Ulysses space probe was posted on Instagram about an hour ago.  I’ll be honest, I’m pretty disappointed.  It’s minute, and I think it’s pretty basic too - there’s a lot of greebling that could have been done but wasn’t....

I agree. However I like how the signage matches the Hubble and the extra detail bits should be easy to add (while fully understanding it's disappointing modding is necessary).

Edited by CDM

FYI: Early rumblings that this won't be available on VIP April 1.

12 minutes ago, CDM said:

FYI: Early rumblings that this won't be available on VIP April 1.

Yes saw that too. 

Wondering what they are doing. I am going to wait to see when the Ulysses spacecraft becomes available on the VIP reward center.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Agreed - it's a missed opportunity for sure. They should have done some pearl - gold at the very least!

Exactly---is pearl gold a more expensive color than "standard" ones? Pearl gold is obviously cheaper than painted/chromed gold, but plain yellow just looks very "wrong" compared to all the other satellites and lunar landers etc the past few years.  

Pearl gold is so common nowadays, I'd be surprised if it's any more expensive to use----the probe seems to mostly just need small 1x1 bits, and 2x2 curved slopes.  

Edited by steele

10 minutes ago, steele said:

Exactly---is pearl gold a more expensive color than "standard" ones? Pearl gold is obviously cheaper than painted/chromed gold, but plain yellow just looks very "wrong" compared to all the other satellites and lunar landers etc the past few years.  

Pearl gold is so common nowadays, I'd be surprised if it's any more expensive to use----the probe seems to mostly just need small 1x1 bits, and 2x2 curved slopes.  

The 2 x 2 curved slopes aren't currently produced in pearl gold, nor the drum lacquered metallic gold, so unless they have plans to use that color into other sets it probably would be cost prohibitive for a promotional set.

Dare I ask for us to get gold stickers then?   Even small polybag sets can come with decent-sized sticker sheets at times.   

Well Ulysses is a big fat disappointment, so basic and bland. What a waste of bricks and VIP points.

I'm actually glad that the Ulysses non-GWP is so basic and bland.  I'm planning to buy the 42115 Lamborghini Sian as a gift for someone else later this year, so I'm saving VIP points to use on that purchase.  I expected it would be a tough choice between getting Ulysses or continuing to save those 1300 points for the Sian, but Ulysses turns out to be a hard pass.  It doesn't look like it has any building techniques that I haven't already seen in the Saturn V or the Hubble Space Telescope in the main set, and the cone adapter between the rocket stage and the payload is pretty clumsy. (Not that I could do better myself, but I have higher expectations for set designers.)

Anyone else still fence-sitting uncomfortably as to whether or not to pick up the Shuttle in an hour’s time?

The worry is it’ll be back ordered until May/June within a few hours. With Lego these days “this is the way”.

1 hour ago, Andyperkins said:

Ordered as soon as it went live.

Did you add in the Ulysses probe?  If so, how does the redemption process work??

By the way, Lego Space coin is now available in the VIP rewards section for those that might be interested......

Lego Space coin or Ulysses wasn’t available in VIP store when I ordered Discovery this morning (in Australia). Can see space coin now but no Ulysses. Shuttle still available to order at present. By comparison the Porsche and Bonsai were sold out by now on their launches.

Edited by TheWineNut
Typo