Today LEGO is having a LEGO Harry Potter designer livestream. That starts in 38minutes.

Great so its launching with a defective telescope and we'll need an Endeavour set to fix it three years from now :grin:. Brilliant marketing. :tongue:

23 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Great so its launching with a defective telescope and we'll need an Endeavour set to fix it three years from now :grin:. Brilliant marketing. :tongue:

I like your thinking. :D 

15 minutes ago, Mosse1997 said:

Any new rumors about reveal day?

It should be revealed next week.

Can’t wait to see it! Do We have any info about piece count? If the price tag is 200€ & it’s the same rpp as the Saturn V then we should expect about 3000 pieces right? 

1 minute ago, astroboy75 said:

Can’t wait to see it! Do We have any info about piece count? If the price tag is 200€ & it’s the same rpp as the Saturn V then we should expect about 3000 pieces right? 

The Saturn V was considered underpriced by many so this will still sell well at a higher PPP. I think 2500 pieces would make the price reasonable.

What a Shuttle! and What a Hubble!!!!

Solar panels seems foil sheets but spectacular anyway. The pic with the person gives a good sense of its scale, a tad biggler than 7470

Omg I need that in my life. I like the way you can display Hubble separately. Any clues as to when we can order it?

8 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Any clues as to when we can order it?

That post mentions a 1st April release.

Amazing. I think they nailed it with Hubble. 

The kingsknightbrick shuttle is slicker though.

But still day one buy for me!

I can tell you already that I’m going to hate applying all those metallic stickers to the inside of the cargo bay doors!

But in terms of overall design and balance of smooth vs stud I think they’re spot on 

£170 and now as coming soon on the Lego store.

reveal video is now available. It has working control surfaces (looks like you turn a rocket exhaust) and also deploying landing gear

Edited by Seasider

4 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Looks good but I wish they would have included the full launch stack. I prefer the one from 2010/2011. 

At this scale it would have been huge!

What a beauty! :pir-love: It may be disappointing that it isn't the same scale as Saturn V, but I ultimately think they have made the right decision. As the owner of all 3 previous space sets, I can't wait to add this to my collection!

There’s a good photo Lego have released that shows all the recent models together. Saturn, lander, ISS and then the shuttle and Hubble.

It looks wonderful! And the functionality is great.

And now we know (re: the commemorating a shuttle now most notorious for the deaths of crew). It’s not Columbia at all, but Discovery (I guess this thread needs a name change).

This looks great. I'm so relieved it's not Columbia. A Saturn V-scale set would have been nice, but this larger scale gives room for more details. I like it.

The way the RCS nozzles are built on the nose implies some very impressive techniques. Are those axles in white along the sides? And it looks like the rudder opens to serve as a speed brake, like it should. I'm impressed.