But.... members of Lego Ideas build a great model, they get in the finals, Lego rejects the model and suddenly an official one appears...

13 minutes ago, Dragunov2 said:

But.... members of Lego Ideas build a great model, they get in the finals, Lego rejects the model and suddenly an official one appears...

I’m not gonna lie though, if I was an IDEAS member whose space project had hit 10k (along with all the others) I’d be even more annoyed if one guy came and took the trophy of it being made a set when so many had been rejected before than if nobody got it.  Maybe that was LEGO’s  thinking too?

Edited by Vilhelm22

10 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

TLC has made multiple space shuttles in the past (including one D2C), so it's not like they should be too surprised.

14 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

There would have been too much space sets in the market at the same time...

Stonewars.de has changed the release date to unknown, which (almost) means the release date of April 2021 is accurate. Stonewars.de is still listing the price as $200 and that is the price point I'm hoping for...

On 2/17/2021 at 5:58 AM, JintaiZ said:

There would have been too much space sets in the market at the same time... 

Funnily, there's yet another space shuttle coming out later this year, according to Instagram leaks.

36 minutes ago, danth said:

Funnily, there's yet another space shuttle coming out later this year, according to Instagram leaks.

Yes but that is listed as a small creator space shuttle (486 pieces)...

A 486 piece Space Shuttle? If a licensed set, then it could be in the same scale as the Ideas Saturn V, or slightly bigger. If non licensed, then who knows what it could be.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

A 486 piece Space Shuttle? If a licensed set, then it could be in the same scale as the Ideas Saturn V, or slightly bigger. If non licensed, then who knows what it could be.

Preliminary photos have appeared online, check the instagram legoleaks page. The 486 piece shuttle is part of the creator lineup, not sure if it's a 3-in-1, with a cockpit holding one minifigure. I think it's a little too small to directly match the Saturn V.

I've also seen a "leaked photo" of 10283, depicting it as the complete launch stack of Columbia STS-1 with the central fuel tank painted white, however, I am not convinced that the photo was genuine.

31117 is a good set (about what I expected it to be) but if the price of $50 turns out to be real, I have to wait for a discount. I'm also very impressed by the B and C models (pretty sure it's a 3-in-1!)

NathanR, I have sadly not managed to find that instagram. If it has a minifig, then we can forget a Saturn scale set.

If that "leaked photo" if 10283 is real, then.. sweeet!

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

If that "leaked photo" if 10283 is real, then.. sweeet!

It's a slightly altered version of a MOC (and the piece count is probably made up)

25 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

It's a slightly altered version of a MOC (and the piece count is probably made up)

I have not seen any piece counts for 10283.

11 hours ago, fsuz32 said:

Can someone direct where one may find said pictures?

Links are not allowed on here, but you should be able to find them on instagram.

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Links are not allowed on here, but you should be able to find them on instagram.

Which tags do you search?

7 hours ago, fsuz32 said:

Which tags do you search?

It's taken down.

46 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

#legoleaks is mostly people posting random gibberish!

Not really, 99.999999% of the actual leaks uses that hashtag...

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

as do other stuff too, it seems?

Not all other stuff. People who has a lot of experience on instagram rarely use the hashtag #legoleaks when it is not...

I love space sets. My all time favorite is the Ideas Saturn V, but I also got the Shuttle Adventure, Apollo Lunar Lander, Ideas Space Station and Shuttle + Apollo 11 from the Old Discover Channel-theamed set from early 2000s.

I would appreciate a new Shuttle, either like the one from Discover Channel with only a shuttle with a higher piece count or complete launch stack. I think that Shuttle adventure's boosters and.mostly the fuel tank are builded with too few bigger pieces for my taste. 

On my Wish list there is also more rockets the size of Ideas Saturn V. A SpaceX one would be cool, but also Russian Soyuz or earlier NASA rockets from the Mercury and Gemini. 

Brickcatch shows it with an April 1st release at $199.99. If that's true we should get pictures any day now.