10283 is a listed set on this site.

I saw a similar mention of the same set on Instagram recently.  The info has also come from stonewars.de

The given information is:

Space Set?

US$199.99?

July 2021?

The recent expert-style sets (Creator Expert/Ideas/18+) have been:

2010: 10213 Shuttle Adventure (Creator Expert)

2011: 10231 Shuttle Expedition (Creator Expert (Rerelease of 10213)

2014: 21104 Curiosity Rover (IDEAS)

2017: 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V (IDEAS)

2017: 21312 Women of NASA (IDEAS)

2019: 21321 International Space Station (IDEAS)

2019: 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (Creator Expert)

2020: 92176 NASA Apollo Saturn V (IDEAS) (Rerelease of 21309)

So...

2021: 10283 ????????????????? (Creator Expert / 18 Plus)

Discuss below.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Oh what I would give for it to be a random made up in-house space theme minifig scaled mothership! 

But, it'll probably be a scaled replica of an Elon Musk Space X ship or something... 

3 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

But, it'll probably be a scaled replica of an Elon Musk Space X ship or something... 

I'd say a Space Shuttle...

I hope it's an update of 10231 Shuttle Expedition. I love the Saturn V, but one enormous cylindrical ship is enough...

If it's not that, what else could LEGO do that isn't somewhat obscure to most people? For 200$ it ought to be something big and recognizable.

The only thing that really makes sense to me for this rumor is the Space Shuttle.  It's extremely iconic and playable, the old 10213/10231 could easily hit the $200 range if redesigned with modern parts and techniques, there have been two 10k Ideas Space Shuttle models, and Creator Expert/18+ has never yet been used as a label for a creative in-house design of, say, a car, building, or airplane.

July 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 15 mission, which was the first to use a moon rover. While a Space Shuttle is much more likely, especially with that rumoured price, a Lego version of the Lunar Roving Vehicle could still be a possibility.

EDIT : It's certainly even less likely than the LRV theory, but it would be awesome if it were a Classic Space hommage set, like maybe a base and a spaceship and a couple small vehicles.

12 hours ago, Leewan said:

July 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 15 mission, which was the first to use a moon rover. While a Space Shuttle is much more likely, especially with that rumoured price, a Lego version of the Lunar Roving Vehicle could still be a possibility.

EDIT : It's certainly even less likely than the LRV theory, but it would be awesome if it were a Classic Space hommage set, like maybe a base and a spaceship and a couple small vehicles.

An LRV certainly seems like a plausible option to me.  The Space Shuttle is certainly the most likely but I kinda hope it’s not.  We’ve not exactly had a huge amount of variation have we?

I’m honestly a post-classic-space era guy, so the other idea doesn’t really interest me...

Edited by Vilhelm22

23 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Oh what I would give for it to be a random made up in-house space theme minifig scaled mothership! 

Exactly. In no way will this be an homage to any classic Space themes, because frankly Lego isn't cool enough to do a set like that.

(Alright, LEGO, I'm setting you up to make me look really dumb here -- prove me wrong!)

I'm teasing myself here entirely unnecessarily but riding on what Leewan said, imagine if it was a whole wave of an in-house space theme (talking trans neon colours here, not white and black with a hint of orange and plain trans windows) in one set! :wub_drool:

But if its an LRV, boorrrrring. Well, for me anyway. I appreciate some might really like it... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

Personally I would like a Space Shuttle in the same scale as the Saturn V with a Hubble space telescope in the payload bay.

4 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Hopefully this may include the fuel tank and booster rockets like most other shuttle sets.

We don’t know if it’s a space shuttle yet......

As I missed the older variants of the Shuttle, I'm hoping for a new one. But if it was a rerelease or a new version of a space monorail/space base/space ship, that would be extremely great too!

Honestly not sure if this is a stupid question or not.

The Porsche 911 has just been leaked, in white, as 10295 - does this mean that we can expect a set where the main colour is not white?

I think it could be an SLS rocket, given its first flight is scheduled for November 2021 (plus delays)  and that it could have a novelty factor.

At more than 200$ it should be quite detailed I hope. With detailed payload bay and so on.

I just built the moc from kingsknightbrick but defo a day one buy if it is confirmed that it is a space shuttle. Any space sets would be a day one for me anyway ?

Ah some more information!  Now that we know a bit more about it I'm looking forward to it even more!  

At $239.99, the closest in price I can find is 10273 Haunted House (an extra $10) so we can expect something around that size.  Looking forward to it!

In GBP, it's £180.

In EUR, it's 200.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Has anyone heard of Brickcatch before? Just the site and nothing else comes up when I google it, so I'm worried it's one of those scam sites.

It's a price comparison page, sadly only Amazon com and LEGO US, it seems? For the USA version of it. Swedish version has had up to 3 shop comparisons on some products.

And if it will be Space Shuttle Columbia? We'll have to wait and see, until more official information comes.

I guess there's an unquenchable thirst for more NASA style sets. I'm surprised after all the City Space sets and recent Ideas sets that the "realistic modern space set" market is still relatively untapped and willing to buy another $200 set. Maybe a UCS style shuttle is the main thing still missing?