paupadros

[MOC] Jamming Kinetic Sculpture

Jamming is the sister model of Gone Fishing and were meant to be published one day apart but work got in the way :pir_tong2:. This model has a similar mechanism to Gone Fishing, but also to my Tintin Moon Rocket I built earlier this year: it's basically a camshaft that activates two sliders, one for the hand movement and another for the foot tapping. In the video, you can see how it works exactly.

Fun fact, while making the video I was listening to Revolution 1 by The Beatles (despite there being no sound in the final video), and he's playing at the same tempo! You can try to sync them up if you're remarkably bored.

Gone Fishing and this model were built simultaneously and out of the two, the former was my favourite in the design stage. From a technical standpoint, Gone Fishing is the more risky design composition-wise and the one with the more daring techniques. That said, once I started building both models, Jamming became my favourite. It's way less dull than it seemed in the computer drawings. Because this is set in a domestic environment, it was much more fun to populate with details. The crystal ball is borrowed from the 2015 Big Bang Theory set, but the plant is an original design I'm really proud of. Same with the guitar, the new 1x1 brackets allow for a really cool guitar design.

Hope you like it!

50743858731_05b8c3c1ab_b.jpg

50743858916_24ecfc3050_b.jpg

Sister model:

Edited by paupadros

Amazing!  The idea to have the foot tapping to the beat is brilliant!  

49 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Fun fact, while making the video I was listening to Revolution 1 by The Beatles (despite there being no sound in the final video), and he's playing at the same tempo! You can try to sync them up if you're remarkably bored.

You have excellent taste, sir!  I listened to the Blue Album myself yesterday, and this is one of my personal favourites.  The synchronisation idea is unique - shame about the sound not working!

Both the looks and functionality is great!

I see potential for motorization... just like the other one, but I understand how it may ruin the looks a bit.

13 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Amazing!  The idea to have the foot tapping to the beat is brilliant!  

You have excellent taste, sir!  I listened to the Blue Album myself yesterday, and this is one of my personal favourites.  The synchronisation idea is unique - shame about the sound not working!

Having the foot tapping was kind of just a coincidence. I was getting the strumming to work and just realised I could get the foot to tap along without many more major contraptions. As for Revolution 1, I was just getting bored doing the photoshoot (I did the pictures for Gone Fishing and this model at the same day, which took about three hours in total)  and played some music. When shooting the video for this model, Revolution 1 was on and I unconsciously started turning the crank at the same tempo. So, a funny coincidence :classic:. As for sound in the video, you know how pesky YouTube and copyrighted music tend to be. :sceptic:

The White Album is really good. Favourite song?

8 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Both the looks and functionality is great!

I see potential for motorization... just like the other one, but I understand how it may ruin the looks a bit.

Thank you! Honestly, as this one is an enclosed box, I bet you could fit it inside somehow.

36 minutes ago, paupadros said:

The White Album is really good. Favourite song?

That’s a difficult question.  Probably While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  Yours?

Edited by Vilhelm22

9 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

That’s a difficult question.  Probably While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  Yours?

Sexy Saide for sure! :pir_tong2: